Mom goes to jail because of son's truancy, dies

BOP

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-died-jail-because-she-didnt-pay-her-140636967.html

That’s exactly what happened to 55-year-old Pennsylvania mom Eileen DiNino. The unemployed mother of seven didn’t have the wealth of the fictional Bueller family, so she was unable to pony up $2,000 for truancy fines that her kids racked up for missing school. Although the federal government outlawed debtor’s prisons in the 1830s, last Friday DiNino, who lived in Berks County, an hour northwest of Philadelphia, was tossed in a jail cell to serve out a two-day sentence. A cause of death is still to be determined, but law enforcement officials didn’t give DiNino the high blood pressure medication she needed. She was found dead in her cell on Saturday, reported The Associated Press.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Bet that kid is never late for an appointment ever again.

And I'll also bet attorneys have already signed on to represent those kids that will result in a payday. I'd say the state screwed the pooch on this one.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The unemployed mother of seven...

Am i supposed to feel sorry for her?

Well, in this economy unemployment is likely and become a fact of life everywhere. She may have had a really good job (like a friend of mine) and got laid off, and couldn't find a job. Sorry, but IF it's true they refused to give her the meds she needed, that's murder; I don't care what you think about the mother.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Well, in this economy unemployment is likely and become a fact of life everywhere. She may have had a really good job (like a friend of mine) and got laid off, and couldn't find a job. Sorry, but if it's true they refused to give her the meds she needed, that's murder; I don't care what you think about the mother.
The article doesn't say leo refused to give her the meds, only that they didn't. She may not have told them she needed them. I wouldn't jump straight to murder.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Wow, we will send a mother of seven to jail for unpaid bills but push to let out drug users, what an eff'ed up country.

Hijinx

Wow, we will send a mother of seven to jail for unpaid bills but push to let out drug users, what an eff'ed up country.

Amen Brother: It's a bit like putting an out of work man in jail for unpaid child support. He sure isn't going to earn anything in jail.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Amen Brother: It's a bit like putting an out of work man in jail for unpaid child support. He sure isn't going to earn anything in jail.

JPC?

There is a difference for an out of work man not being able to pay, and a man who wont work so he doesn't have to pay.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, in this economy unemployment is likely and become a fact of life everywhere. She may have had a really good job (like a friend of mine) and got laid off, and couldn't find a job.

If she's unemployed she should have plenty of time to supervise her seven kids and make sure they went to school.

Clearly this woman is a dirtbag and, after reading the whole article, the author of this piece of silliness needs a swift kick in the ass.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
If she's unemployed she should have plenty of time to supervise her seven kids and make sure they went to school.

Clearly this woman is a dirtbag and, after reading the whole article, the author of this piece of silliness needs a swift kick in the ass.

Wow, maybe you should go dance on her grave.

Was her death and the breaking up of her family worth $2000? Now, the taxpayers are going to be paying a lot more then what they would ever get from this lady, and for what, because her kid didn't go to school? If someone doesn't want to go to school we shouldn't force them, and we don't give them any assistance when they can't get a job either.

People should be free to make their own choices, and have the freedom to live with the consequences of their choices and the taxpayer not being force to support their bad decisions. It's call free will, something this country was founded on.