Mom goes to jail because of son's truancy, dies

BigBlue

Wow, maybe you should go dance on her grave.

It's call free will, something this country was founded on.

I read your crap and think of this .....
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”
―Murray Rothbard

mamatutu

mama to two
I read your crap and think of this .....
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”
―Murray Rothbard

I think you meant to reply to yourself. No worries. I see it as an honest mistake. You, also, said in a recent thread that you thought I wasn't an honest American. Maybe, you should reflect on that, as well.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If she's unemployed she should have plenty of time to supervise her seven kids and make sure they went to school.

Clearly this woman is a dirtbag and, after reading the whole article, the author of this piece of silliness needs a swift kick in the ass.

Maybe she was spending a lot of time trying to find a job? :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe she was spending a lot of time trying to find a job? :shrug:

Unmarried.

Unemployed.

Seven kids.

Seven kids that she cannot care for, no less.

I'm surprised to find some of you making excuses for her. It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone.

MMDad

Lem Putt
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-jailed-over-truancy-fines-found-dead-cell-173817240.html

"The debt had accrued since 1999, and involved several of her seven children, most recently her boys at a vocational high school."

"The truancy fines themselves might be $75 or less. However, the debt can add up over court costs and fees. DiNino's court file shows a laundry list of court fees for one case alone: $8 for a "judicial computer project"; $60 for Berks County constables; $10 for postage. And she had been cited dozens of times over the years."

"Although she was often unkempt, she came to court clean and neat to surrender Friday, he said. She had on clean sweatpants, had combed her hair, and had tape holding her glasses together."

mamatutu

mama to two
This is such a sad story. No, we don't know all the details. You can take your child to school and drop him/her off and pick up at the end of the day, but you don't know what goes on in between. Just an example. Is a parent supposed to stay at school with their child all day, every day? They can skip. The woman was only going to be in jail for 2 days, and wheels in the judiciary/penal system work slowly. We will never know if she asked for her meds, or not. Whether she is a bad mom, or whatever. What an awful way to die, and now there are 7 homeless children for the county/state to deal with. Why would a court put a single mom in jail for any time that is responsible for the children? Why can't they garnish a welfare check for fines? Just ridiculous that this happened. The drop out rate is extreme. Who knows if these children would have finished school, anyway. Yes, I do blame this on the broken system in America that exists across the board. As always, jmo.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is such a sad story. No, we don't know all the details. You can take your child to school and drop him/her off and pick up at the end of the day, but you don't know what goes on in between. Just an example. Is a parent supposed to stay at school with their child all day, every day? They can skip. The woman was only going to be in jail for 2 days, and wheels in the judiciary/penal system work slowly. We will never know if she asked for her meds, or not. Whether she is a bad mom, or whatever. What an awful way to die, and now there are 7 homeless children for the county/state to deal with. Why would a court put a single mom in jail for any time that is responsible for the children? Why can't they garnish a welfare check for fines? Just ridiculous that this happened. The drop out rate is extreme. Who knows if these children would have finished school, anyway. Yes, I do blame this on the broken system in America that exists across the board. As always, jmo.

MKK, that is a classic liberal It Takes A Village argument.
  • Parents shouldn't be held responsible for their children.
  • People shouldn't be jailed if they do not pay their fines.
  • People shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of their actions.
  • Blame America for this woman's personal choices.

Note there is no mention of a father for any of these seven kids.

Again, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. And we even have noted forum liberals defending the state. Is it opposites day and nobody told me?

mamatutu

mama to two
MKK, that is a classic liberal It Takes A Village argument.
  • Parents shouldn't be held responsible for their children.
  • People shouldn't be jailed if they do not pay their fines.
  • People shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of their actions.
  • Blame America for this woman's personal choices.

Note there is no mention of a father for any of these seven kids.

Again, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. And we even have noted forum liberals defending the state. Is it opposites day and nobody told me?

I agree that it feels like the Twilight Zone, but not just from this article, but the whole state of our country. Total insanity on many issues. But, could you do me a favor, please, and call me by my correct forum name, especially if you are going to reply to me. I seem to remember comments made by you that you don't like when members bastardize names whether it be forum members, politicians, presidents, etc. I, also, remember that you don't like references to Hitler, or Nazis. Thanks. :smile:

Edit: I just remembered that I met you 2 years ago at Vera's on, or about this date. Time flies. Happy anniversary. :lol:

Last edited:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Unmarried.

Unemployed.

Seven kids.

I'm surprised to find some of you making excuses for her. It's like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone.

And how do you know that her husband didn't suddenly pass away or leave her?

You don't know the details of her life yet you feel compelled to pass judgment, again, you are such a compassionate person.

So, I guess the state couldn't with hold her tax refund, couldn't put a lean on her house, deduct it from her entitlement payments, no, they had to throw her in jail.

Kind of funny how some member who posted here think we should be letting drug users out of jail BUT if you have $75 in fines you need to be locked up like a common criminal.

And you have the audacity to judge her without knowing any detail of her situation, hope the Lord is a lot more lenient when it comes time for him to judge you then you are of her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Happy anniversary. :lol:

Happy anniversary! :high5:

And I beg your pardon, but now Mamakookoo is your affectionate forum nickname and no longer used as an insult. Much like when I am referred to as Vileblonde. It means you're officially one of the gang. Wear it proudly. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And how do you know that her husband didn't suddenly pass away or leave her?

You don't know the details of her life yet you feel compelled to pass judgment, again, you are such a compassionate person.

If she were a widow, the author would have surely played that up, considering the sympathetic tone she took.

And I never claimed to be a compassionate person. You must be thinking of someone else.

And you have the audacity to judge her without knowing any detail of her situation, hope the Lord is a lot more lenient when it comes time for him to judge you then you are of her.

:roflmao:

mamatutu

mama to two
Happy anniversary! :high5:

And I beg your pardon, but now Mamakookoo is your affectionate forum nickname and no longer used as an insult. Much like when I am referred to as Vileblonde. It means you're officially one of the gang. Wear it proudly. :yay:

Thanks, vile, I mean vrai. :lol: This was harder than high school, or making it into a sorority in college. (Go, LSU! Shout out to all my Pi Beta Phi sisters!) I can live with mamakookoo because I present myself that way sometimes because I get so worked up, and then it is, usually, about nothing. However, one must be prepared! :lol: Thank you. :huggy:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
6000 in fines ... how much does 2 days in jail cost the state ?

sure the CO's are already working, I supposed 2 days worth of meals are not that much

truancy fines seem retarded

... mom dropped me off at the front door every morning ... and I skipped right out the back

... you cannot MAKE a Teen Stay in School

PsyOps

Pixelated
Unmarried.

Unemployed.

Seven kids.

I'm not making excuses. I'm just not going to jump to conclusions about who this person is. And I'm certainly not going to wish her dead. Regardless of what you think of her, 7 kids lost their mother.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Where did I wish her dead? I didn't have anything whatsoever to do with her death, all I asked was am I supposed to be sympathetic.
You were practically about to pee in your pants that this woman reached room temperature, after all, she was a unwed mother of seven who couldn't control her kids.

While you may not have wished her to die, you were giddy like a 16 y/o with her dad's credit card at the mall.

BigBlue

You were practically about to pee in your pants that this woman reached room temperature, after all, she was a unwed mother of seven who couldn't control her kids.

While you may not have wished her to die, you were giddy like a 16 y/o with her dad's credit card at the mall.

Do you wake this dumb every day or is today just special ?