More online dating observations

Hank

my war
yeah but chemistry was an excuse it hop into bed after the 1st date

'we have chemistry, so lets have sex'

2 months later *poof*

what happened to frank

oh it did not work out

maybe you should not have hoped in bed so fast ....

but we had chemistry .... it seemed right

um ok ... but what happened

oh he has xyz habbit ...

[just own up and admit you wanted some ... don't kid yourself there was chemistry]

vet your partners a little better

:killingme

What in the Hell is this gibberish?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
but then you would only attract chubby chasers ...

My Aunt was short and very ROUND - she loved to cook, esp. baking desserts, and when we visited we loved eating it all. Her hubby was a tall skinny man. She was always cooking, and he was always eating, but he stayed skinny. We used to laugh when we tried to image how they conceived all those kids with their 2 opposite body sizes .... yeah the things kids think of lol

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Aunt was short and very ROUND - she loved to cook, esp. baking desserts, and when we visited we loved eating it all. Her hubby was a tall skinny man. She was always cooking, and he was always eating, but he stayed skinny.

See, I want a guy like that. :yay:

Vince

My Aunt was short and very ROUND - she loved to cook, esp. baking desserts, and when we visited we loved eating it all. Her hubby was a tall skinny man. She was always cooking, and he was always eating, but he stayed skinny. We used to laugh when we tried to image how they conceived all those kids with their 2 opposite body sizes .... yeah the things kids think of lol
Guys like that just piss me off. Eat as much as you want and stay skinny. Must have a tapeworm.

MarieB

Or things kids would rather no think of :biggrin:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
So. I tried a dating app. Mostly an unmitigated disaster. I have met 3 men. All extremely attractive. VERY ATTRACTIVE. All so boring I couldnt stand them after a few dates. Nice on paper guys. Good looking, great jobs, very intelligent. Cannot hold my attention. :shrug:

Hank

my war
So. I tried a dating app. Mostly an unmitigated disaster. I have met 3 men. All extremely attractive. VERY ATTRACTIVE. All so boring I couldnt stand them after a few dates. Nice on paper guys. Good looking, great jobs, very intelligent. Cannot hold my attention. :shrug:

Extremely good looking dudes are usually dumb as rocks or ghey, or both... I maintain the perfect beer belly, which allows me to steer clear of that category.... :party:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's not a disaster. A disaster is when one of them is a serial killer.

I just went back on a different service a few days ago, which is WAY better than Match with a zillion more eligible guys in my interest range. Not nearly the percentage of men with shirtless selfies in the mirror and pics of their children.

My friend the serial dater thinks I'm nuts, but I'm making them email back and forth with me a good bit to make sure I'll be able to sit through dinner with them and not be annoyed that I made the effort to put on mascara. Most fail that part of things. There's one man so far who's giving me good enough conversation that I will probably meet him in person before too much longer. The others don't seem to be interested in communication, which of course means they're not the guy for me.

I think that's one of the things Larry and I did right with the online dating thing: we knew and liked each other well enough before the first date that something very dramatic would have had to happen for us not to be into each other.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That's not a disaster. A disaster is when one of them is a serial killer.

I just went back on a different service a few days ago, which is WAY better than Match with a zillion more eligible guys in my interest range. Not nearly the percentage of men with shirtless selfies in the mirror and pics of their children.

My friend the serial dater thinks I'm nuts, but I'm making them email back and forth with me a good bit to make sure I'll be able to sit through dinner with them and not be annoyed that I made the effort to put on mascara. Most fail that part of things. There's one man so far who's giving me good enough conversation that I will probably meet him in person before too much longer. The others don't seem to be interested in communication, which of course means they're not the guy for me.

I think that's one of the things Larry and I did right with the online dating thing: we knew and liked each other well enough before the first date that something very dramatic would have had to happen for us not to be into each other.

I messaged with them first for quite a while, but I’m thinking maybe because they were engineers (2 of them anyway and one test pilot school guy) they were better at written communication? Either way I was intrigued enough to meet them out of the bajillion messages I get and they still just didn't do it for me. Maybe boring isnt the right word? Maybe just not for me. But I can generally tell within a few minutes of meeting a guy if im interested. And it perhaps drew the process out longer with the online meet because we could back and forth chat before I developed an inclination. And it obv isn’t looks that does it for me, these men where quite good looking. but again, I tend to like ####-talking men who can out sarcastic me and that seems hard to gauge from profiles/messages.

Also, Its strange but when i look at profiles I think I am looking at other factors that wouldn’t normally hit me when I first met someone in real life. In real life, I meet someone and would be attracted to their appearance, obv and to their attitude and their mannerisms. I wouldn’t find out about things like their job/education level/opinion on global warming until later. With profiles I seem to look at these things first..mostly because if im going to use the internet to meet men, then its going to be one with intelligence and a decent job..I can find couch surfers and losers at bars.

very interesting stuff.

abcxyz

yeah but chemistry was an excuse it hop into bed after the 1st date

'we have chemistry, so lets have sex'

2 months later *poof*

what happened to frank

oh it did not work out

maybe you should not have hoped in bed so fast ....

but we had chemistry .... it seemed right

um ok ... but what happened

oh he has xyz habbit ...

[just own up and admit you wanted some ... don't kid yourself there was chemistry]

vet your partners a little better

:killingme

:pete:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I messaged with them first for quite a while, but I’m thinking maybe because they were engineers (2 of them anyway and one test pilot school guy) they were better at written communication? Either way I was intrigued enough to meet them out of the bajillion messages I get and they still just didn't do it for me. Maybe boring isnt the right word? Maybe just not for me. But I can generally tell within a few minutes of meeting a guy if im interested. And it perhaps drew the process out longer with the online meet because we could back and forth chat before I developed an inclination. And it obv isn’t looks that does it for me, these men where quite good looking. but again, I tend to like ####-talking men who can out sarcastic me and that seems hard to gauge from profiles/messages.

Also, Its strange but when i look at profiles I think I am looking at other factors that wouldn’t normally hit me when I first met someone in real life. In real life, I meet someone and would be attracted to their appearance, obv and to their attitude and their mannerisms. I wouldn’t find out about things like their job/education level/opinion on global warming until later. With profiles I seem to look at these things first..mostly because if im going to use the internet to meet men, then its going to be one with intelligence and a decent job..I can find couch surfers and losers at bars.

very interesting stuff.

I just still find it hilarious that when you use it, you find all these engineers and analysts, etc. Intelligent, well-educated men. I do it and I find the military guys and trade workers. School of Hard Knocks and Common Sense. Just the way I prefer it. :killingme

We're such opposites :lmao:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I just still find it hilarious that when you use it, you find all these engineers and analysts, etc. Intelligent, well-educated men. I do it and I find the military guys and trade workers. School of Hard Knocks and Common Sense. Just the way I prefer it. :killingme

We're such opposites :lmao:

You two should date. :coffee: