Motorcycle Accident

keepsmiling

I just wanted to throw something out there, this accident happened on Rousby Hall Road and there is a curve. We always have accidents there all the time because people like to race on that strip, so they might not have been drunk. We just have to wait until the Police do their report.

GMansGirl

Not to start a war here, but isn't there is a law on the books that the owner of the bar is responsible for the actions of the patrons, and it's the bar owner's responsibility to ensure that the patrons don't leave drunk?

How can the owners possibly keep track of all the drunks leaving the Tiki bar?
Thats why the police were there. They obviously were not doing they're jobs...

I fell sorry for that woman picking up body parts...again the cops are not doing they're jobs.:jameo::buddies:

Danzig

Not to start a war here, but isn't there is a law on the books that the owner of the bar is responsible for the actions of the patrons, and it's the bar owner's responsibility to ensure that the patrons don't leave drunk?
Not in Maryland.

keepsmiling

I fell sorry for that woman picking up body parts...again the cops are not doing they're jobs.:jameo::buddies:

They obviously were not doing they're jobs...

Please don't, again, it was a very bad nite, we are lucky to have our cops. Shoot if I was a cop or an firefighter or EMS last nite, sorry I would have just said F*** it and left that island last nite, it was a really rough nite for our officers. It was a bad accident, stuff went flying.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

What?

Yeah there is no personal responsibility of people to not drink in drive or to drive safely whether it be by motorcycle or car.

The baby sitting cops should be responsible for that :sarcasm:

:buttkick:

Last edited:

I double dog dare you to do their job last night. You have NO right to even think that. It's not their job to be babysitters. Someone else said it, Personal Responsibility.

GMansGirl

I double dog dare you to do their job last night. You have NO right to even think that. It's not their job to be babysitters. Someone else said it, Personal Responsibility.

I have a right to think what ever I want. The whole situation sucks for all involved!
BTW, I do think that people should take responsibility for their own actions. I just have a problem with the way the cops/medics in Calvert County handle certain things. They should not have left the accident scene in such a state that the homeowner had to call them back to clean up the body parts and other debris. I have personally witnessed the "good ole boy" network in this county.

BTW,GWguy you can not take my rights away from me:razz:

Last edited:

keepsmiling

I just made some phone calls, they are not finding body parts on the scene, they found boots shoes, etc....the person finding it probably saw the blood and assumed the worse because of the blood. I can understand, those people are in shock.

LOL

They obviously were not doing they're jobs...

Please don't, again, it was a very bad nite, we are lucky to have our cops. Shoot if I was a cop or an firefighter or EMS last nite, sorry I would have just said F*** it and left that island last nite, it was a really rough nite for our officers. It was a bad accident, stuff went flying.

I was working all night long, not as an officer. They were doing a phenominal job keeping order, helping people out and keeping people safe. I stopped a couple times when I passed them on the side of the road and thanked them for being out. We couldn't ask them to do any better.

bcp

In My Opinion
Somebody drove by this morning and tapped their horn twice at 9am.

I guess I should have been up anyway.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!

Not sure about Maryland law but how are Tiki owns going to manage a bazillion people drinking on Solomons Island?

Just re-read some parts I missed and see this was addressed. The Police and EMS and all involved did the best they could and they get kudos for it. Its not their fault we as common civilians are too stupid to take responsibilty for our actions and then complain that "THEY" don't do their jobs properly.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Great, now the families of the deceased will sue the Tiki bar for making them drink IF drinking was a factor.

Sad that these days thats the first thing I thought of when I read that. My prayers to the families involved.

If alcohol was a factor, they may have been drinking in other establisments both on and off the island; not just at the tiki bar.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
If alcohol was a factor, they may have been drinking in other establisments both on and off the island; not just at the tiki bar.

Very true. Hopefully the accident report when published will reveal the real story. Rousby hall road is just one of those roads that people drive way too fast on. I am even guilty of nailing my Hot Rod down that stretch to clean out the carbon as they say.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Very true. Hopefully the accident report when published will reveal the real story. Rousby hall road is just one of those roads that people drive way too fast on. I am even guilty of nailing my Hot Rod down that stretch to clean out the carbon as they say.

If it is the curve of RH Rd that I am thinking of, it is sharp. I have also noticed a lot of deer crossing the road in the past week.
Kudos to the officers and medics working this weekend. It can not be *fun* for them. The scanner was going constantly last night. My hubby was up 'til after 2AM listening (bet his butt is dragging today!)

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
If it is the curve of RH Rd that I am thinking of, it is sharp. I have also noticed a lot of deer crossing the road in the past week.
Kudos to the officers and medics working this weekend. It can not be *fun* for them. The scanner was going constantly last night. My hubby was up 'til after 2AM listening (bet his butt is dragging today!)

I am sure I will see where it was when I head home. Have to drive through the area. Not sure if Chestnut is past the CRE entrance or not though.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am sure I will see where it was when I head home. Have to drive through the area. Not sure if Chestnut is past the CRE entrance or not though.
I am pretty sure Chestnut is in Drum Point; past the CRE entrance. I think it is on a pretty bad curve.

signora

Bartenders can get sued. I know this from being a bartender. Stupid law.

I have heard that, but didn't know how true it was because I would think the establishment could be sued it proven they were at fault. I'm not sure if suing a bartender/bar solves the problem because if a person choses to get drunk they did that to themselves. However, I have been in clubs where you see people who are drunk, but a bartender will continue to serve them, which makes no sense especially when they know the person is drunk.

bcp

In My Opinion
Personally Im getting tired of hearing about the loss of life due to accidents caused by drunk driving.
I think that bars should be sued when it can be proven that the last drinking stop for somebody before an accident was their bar. I dont think the drunk should be allowed to sue, but I do think that anyone involved innocently should be allowed to take legal action against the bar.

Basically when the bartender continues to serve drinks to an already drunk individual, they are saying that they value the dollar more than the life that is going to be lost when the idiot drives and kills someone.

A two drink limit, or a breath test before serving each drink would not be a bad idea either.

before you all get pissed at the thought of bars being regulated more to stop people from getting tore up and driving, just think about how you will feel when you get that call some night from the state police informing you that your spouse and children were involved in an accident with a drunk and were killed.

Some drunk takes out my family and Im just ignorant and unstable enough to return the favor for him/her.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Personally Im getting tired of hearing about the loss of life due to accidents caused by drunk driving.
I think that bars should be sued when it can be proven that the last drinking stop for somebody before an accident was their bar. I dont think the drunk should be allowed to sue, but I do think that anyone involved innocently should be allowed to take legal action against the bar.

Basically when the bartender continues to serve drinks to an already drunk individual, they are saying that they value the dollar more than the life that is going to be lost when the idiot drives and kills someone.

A two drink limit, or a breath test before serving each drink would not be a bad idea either.

before you all get pissed at the thought of bars being regulated more to stop people from getting tore up and driving, just think about how you will feel when you get that call some night from the state police informing you that your spouse and children were involved in an accident with a drunk and were killed.

Some drunk takes out my family and Im just ignorant and unstable enough to return the favor for him/her.

Wow. That is pretty retarded.

That is all.