Motorcycle Accident

Christy

b*tch rocket
I think that bars should be sued when it can be proven that the last drinking stop for somebody before an accident was their bar.

Why should the bar be sued? The purpose of a bar is to serve alcohol. Why would you sue an establishment for doing business? That is just absurd. Why not just sue the automobile industry because there are so many accidents in general? They all have one thing in common, an automobile. :jet:

The only one who should be held responsible for the death of someone else is the individual who caused it. :yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
whats retarded is people defending the rights of the retards to get behind the wheel drunk.

Who is doing that?

Your post included much more than that.

Your post basically said, people don't have to be responsible for themselves so we have to put people in charge of baby sitting them.

Sorry, that is retarded.

Christy

b*tch rocket
whats retarded is people defending the rights of the retards to get behind the wheel drunk.

I didn't see where he was defending the right of the retards who get behind the wheel drunk, merely finding it ludicrous to reallocate the blame on the bar vs the individual.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I love these threads. Poor people aren't even gone 24 hours and already they're labeled stupid drunks. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they were at fault, but they were somebody's loved ones and I'd prefer to give the deceased a little respect and the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise.

I came home with a Tiki Bar stamp my hand and I wasn't drunk or impaired.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I
Perhaps they were at fault, but they were somebody's loved ones and I'd prefer to give the deceased a little respect and the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise.

:love:

But I was butting in my two cents on the completely unrelated tangent this tread has diverged into. :jet: :lol:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I love these threads. Poor people aren't even gone 24 hours and already they're labeled stupid drunks. :rolleyes:

Unpossible, they must of implemented that 2 drink limit and tiki breathalyzer already.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Unpossible, they must of implemented that 2 drink limit and tiki breathalyzer already.

Unpossible? What is that? :neener:

And no, it is not impossible. Many people go to the Tiki Bar, have a few drinks..drink water etc. over several hours and are just fine. If I know I'm driving, I am responsible.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Unpossible? What is that? :neener:

And no, it is not impossible. Many people go to the Tiki Bar, have a few drinks..drink water etc. over several hours and are just fine. If I know I'm driving, I am responsible.

It is internet lingo all the kool kids use, you must be too ........ nevermind.

And your sarcasm detector needs calibrating.

:buddies:

Urban Dictionary: Unpossible

Last edited:

Go G-Men

Personally Im getting tired of hearing about the loss of life due to accidents caused by drunk driving.
I think that bars should be sued when it can be proven that the last drinking stop for somebody before an accident was their bar. I dont think the drunk should be allowed to sue, but I do think that anyone involved innocently should be allowed to take legal action against the bar.

Basically when the bartender continues to serve drinks to an already drunk individual, they are saying that they value the dollar more than the life that is going to be lost when the idiot drives and kills someone.

A two drink limit, or a breath test before serving each drink would not be a bad idea either.

before you all get pissed at the thought of bars being regulated more to stop people from getting tore up and driving, just think about how you will feel when you get that call some night from the state police informing you that your spouse and children were involved in an accident with a drunk and were killed.

Some drunk takes out my family and Im just ignorant and unstable enough to return the favor for him/her.

Two drink limit and sobriety test in bars before you can order another drink? Is this a communist country now? When did that happen? I hate when I miss the big news of the day!!:sarcasm:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have heard that, but didn't know how true it was because I would think the establishment could be sued it proven they were at fault. I'm not sure if suing a bartender/bar solves the problem because if a person choses to get drunk they did that to themselves. However, I have been in clubs where you see people who are drunk, but a bartender will continue to serve them, which makes no sense especially when they know the person is drunk.

About 20 years ago, I tended bar in Bonita Springs, FL. We were a biker friendly bar and guys used to ride their Harleys in the front door and out the back...them were the days!
I was day shift and a group came in and started drinking. One guy and I talked for a long time and he told me about his wife and kids and how he had such a great life. I bought him a sub sandwich and woouldn't serve him any more booze because I could see he was getting sloshed. My "ol man" at the time and I even invited him to our home to crash; which he declined.
Long story short, the evening bartender came on and she had the attitude that the drunker they got, the more they tipped. He wiped out on the way home.
I will always feel bad for his family and I hope they knew how much he loved them.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

This really makes me mad. These idiots have no idea how the accident happened but they of course will say this.:burning:

Attachments

• SMT.jpg
    SMT.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 107

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

That's because you got laid. :cool:

Jbeckman

Just a quick note...bars can be sued/held accountable in Maryland. Bartenders are not supposed (SUPPOSED) to serve anyone who appears intoxicated. It can go back to the bar/bartender. Bartenders are supposed to be trained to identify and in tactics to "politely" refuse or offer a non-alcoholic drink. Some did not drink last night, signed as DD. But not nearly enough (close to 200 DD signed up...out of, what, 6000-7000??)
But more than anything the person is responsible for their actions. And law enforcement are there to enforce the laws, not check all persons. We don't have that many law enforcement (OH>>>MY...I JUST HEARD SCANNER CALVERT>>>DID THEY JUST NOW SAY DOA???)
Again...not enough officers to cover one on one with people choosing to be foolish.
Drink...drink wisely..., drink...don't drive...call a cab, a friend, sleep, what ever. Take turns (flip a coin) being the DD. SO FRIGGING SIMPLE.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
...and doesn't DD mean zero drinking, not a few early in the evening and then water until it's time to drive?

Jbeckman

DD...means "not drinking"- not "just drinking a few". Thanks for asking. I hope people realize a mai tai is close to 4 or 5 drinks due to the number of servings of alcohol. Officer " how many drinks did you have", driver "just one."