Movin on Up (Caps)

Baz

This. ------------------>
To be honest, I dont think either team is ready for the playoffs.

With the expception of the craptastic powerplay, and obviously Sid's status (and getting back to speed once he returns), I think the Pens are as ready as they're going to be.

With a healthy Crosby, I see them in the conference finals. Without, probably a 1-and-done.

(Future injuries not withstanding, of course.)

Baz

This. ------------------>

After further review:

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Crosby was cleared by team doctors to practice with his teammates but Penguins general manager Ray Shero clarified that Crosby will only join the team for morning skates, not full practices.

Shero also added the team has no expectations for Crosby's return in the regular season.

″Everyone is jumping to conclusions, but it is good news,″ Crosby's agent Pat Brisson told the Tribune-Review.
Report: Pens' Crosby cleared to join team for morning skates

So, still good news, just not AS good as originally reported. Would have been nice for him to get a game or two in before the playoffs, but oh well.

Peter Forsberg

After watching Holtby play, Im not big on Varly anymore, those 2 he let in on the shootout, I think should of been stopped. Ovie's shot was pretty weak in the shootout, guess he was whipped from crashing into everything like a madman during the game. He needs to tone it down just a little or he's going to get hurt.

See our Pens fans on here started their own thread, and then the Pens went out and got whipped by the Flyers. :razz:
Fleury Fleury Fleury Fleury...Swiss Cheese..:killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
Can't do much with all your D men injured.

I heard Wideman has a hematoma (sp) on his leg about as big as a football.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Very sloppy game against a very bad, very lucky to get the win. Gotta sharpen up the play these last 4 games in regular season.

Yeah but did you watch the Ovech-cam? He is a one-man wrecking crew! We need a FIVE-man wrecking crew every shift though. Still too many turnovers in the neutral zone IMO. Sometimes your game just doesn't go according to plan, but it forces them to figure out another way to win and I'll take a win any way we can get it. LET'S GO CAPS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

OldHillcrestGuy

First Place in the EAST.

Another sloppy played game again tonight. Another defensemen out, this time Tyler Sloan. Our blue liners are just getting worn down with all the minutes they are having to play.
Well 3 games left against non-playoff teams they need to sharpen up there game.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Time to take the top spot in the East tonight! With Miller out, this should be a gimmie.

Have you watched the Caps at all this season? Even against the worst teams in the league, it is never a "gimme" for us. Glad they won in style and tied for 1st! Did anyone notice, GF and GA aside, our stats are *identical* to the Flyers'.

Have you watched the Caps at all this season? Even against the worst teams in the league, it is never a "gimme" for us. Glad they won in style and tied for 1st! Did anyone notice, GF and GA aside, our stats are *identical* to the Flyers'.

Nope, havent watched a single game.