moving in?

How long?

• I wouldn't..

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 2-3 months after we started dating.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 6 months or more...

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • If I felt it was right I would move in at any time.

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
nomoney said:
how long have you been dating?
I have have been dating someone for about 3 months, long distance. And we had talked about it. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
:ohwell: If I went down that path I'd really have to know the person, meaning their personal and financial habits, extremely well. No less than a year would be appropriate.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
mv_princess said:
I have have been dating someone for about 3 months, long distance. And we had talked about it. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

Not long enough, you barely know each other, let alone are ready to handle all things yo never know till you live with someone :razz: . Just start having stay overs more and more until you really know what you are getting into..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...oh sure. Now you say that.
:lol: :smoochy:

Seriously, I wouldn't give up my independence and security for someone I was merely dating. I shacked up once when I was younger and I swore I would never do it again.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
sanchezf said:
Not long enough, you barely know each other, let alone are ready to handle all things yo never know till you live with someone :razz: . Just start having stay overs more and more until you really know what you are getting into..
I have lived with someone before. I also know I would much rather live with someone to make sure I can deal with them, and over night stays aren't going to workout so well since he lives 2 states away.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
vraiblonde said:
:lol: :smoochy:

Seriously, I wouldn't give up my independence and security for someone I was merely dating. I shacked up once when I was younger and I swore I would never do it again.

and that is exactly why it took me 5 1/2 yrs....

CMC122

Go Braves!
mv_princess said:
Really all that matters is how do you feel about it.

I moved in with my husband after we had been dating about 2 months:lol: We are now going on 16 years together and it ain't been easy:jet: But at the time when we got our first place it was right for us, and everybody had something else to say about it.( I know shocking) Only you know how serious you feel about this person, do what you feel is best in your mind and heart.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
CMC122 said:
Really all that matters is how do you feel about it.

I moved in with my husband after we had been dating about 2 months:lol: We are now going on 16 years together and it ain't been easy:jet: But at the time when we got our first place it was right for us, and everybody had something else to say about it.( I know shocking) Only you know how serious you feel about this person, do what you feel is best in your mind and heart.
My parents have been together for 25yrs, and they move in together after 4 weeks. :lol:

sccrmommy

I moved in with my boyfriend last year after 5 years of dating....let me tell you, it has been the worst year ever! Suddenly you're fighting about everything...and not to mention he wants to know where I am all the time. I say unless you're getting married (Which I don't think you should do either) you shouldn't move in!!!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
mv_princess said:
he lives 2 states away.
Which of you will have to pack up, lose your current home, change jobs, etc for the other?

And will the one that is moving already have a job lined up when they get to their destination?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
bresamil said:
Which of you will have to pack up, lose your current home, change jobs, etc for the other?

And will the one that is moving already have a job lined up when they get to their destination?
I would be the one moving. He is in the military. My current home is with my parents and if anything should ever happen I know I have place come back too. I want to change my job anyways, either here or there. And yes I would have job.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
sccrmommy said:
I moved in with my boyfriend last year after 5 years of dating....let me tell you, it has been the worst year ever! Suddenly you're fighting about everything...and not to mention he wants to know where I am all the time. I say unless you're getting married (Which I don't think you should do either) you shouldn't move in!!!
So I should never get married, or live with anyone?