moving in?

How long?

• I wouldn't..

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 2-3 months after we started dating.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 6 months or more...

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • If I felt it was right I would move in at any time.

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters
vraiblonde said:
Or the ones that are jealous because they don't have guts enough to take a chance.
St. Mary's and the surrounding area is such a small piece of America. I was born and raised in Maryland. When I was around the age of 20-21, I was able to travel in support of my job and man o man was I thrilled to see other areas! I was able to visit San Diego, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Cherry Point (hubba hubba), and Norfolk. If I hadn't of fallen in love with a county boy, I believe I would have jumped at the chance to test the waters elsewhere if the opportunity arose. I see it as her having very little to lose and a whole lot to gain just from the experience alone.

DON'T GET PREGNANT!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
mv_princess said:
I can see where they would think this. because that's what it used to mean.

But now I would much rather live with someone for at least a year before marriage was ever even an issue. I don't feel like I am rushing into anything, I mean I am kinda scared to leave everything I know behind. But at the same time I want something different a change.
And at least I have a back-up plan.

You know I'll be coming to vist a new hot tub is always welcome!!! :lol:

IMO I would want to live with someone before marriage too. Well acutally that is my current situation. We have been living together for 1 1/2 years. I just got the ring in Feb. That must mean I can deal with his habits and he can deal with mine. :lmao: Girl you do what you feel is best. It's not about everyone else it's about YOU! Getting advice is great, but in the end you'll know which road best fits your life for now.

J

julz20684

kwillia said:
I'm thinking the ones that are flipping out are the ones that can only see this as a step towards marriage.

No not necessarily true. For me, I see living together as a step towards marriage. But my circumstances are much different, I'm much older, have two kids that I have to consider involving...if I were in her shoes I would seriously consider it...hell, who am I kidding, the door would be hittin me in the ass as we speak.

julz20684 said:
No not necessarily true. For me, I see living together as a step towards marriage. But my circumstances are much different, I'm much older, have two kids that I have to consider involving...if I were in her shoes I would seriously consider it...hell, who am I kidding, the door would be hittin me in the ass as we speak.
Pssst... you are saying everything Vrai and I have been saying...:lol:

Pete

Repete
Go for it, you are still young enough to recover if it is screwed up. Don't get knocked up though.

Pete

Repete
julz20684 said:
Wanna shack up and live in sin?

GeezLouise

tired and content....
kwillia said:
St. Mary's and the surrounding area is such a small piece of America. I was born and raised in Maryland. When I was around the age of 20-21, I was able to travel in support of my job and man o man was I thrilled to see other areas! I was able to visit San Diego, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Cherry Point (hubba hubba), and Norfolk. If I hadn't of fallen in love with a county boy, I believe I would have jumped at the chance to test the waters elsewhere if the opportunity arose. I see it as her having very little to lose and a whole lot to gain just from the experience alone.

DON'T GET PREGNANT!

:lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Mv_p...

Us old wise forumites have discussed this topic at length and we all have one bit of advice for you...

DON'T GET PREGNANT!!!

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
nachomama said:
Us old wise forumites have discussed this topic at length and we all have one bit of advice for you...

DON'T GET PREGNANT!!!
Yes I understand. That is not in the playing cards and everything will be taken care of.

NO babies. Ring first babies second.

slotted

mv_princess said:
Ft Bragg. So it's still close to home, yet far enough away that I can be on my own with the choice to come back.
FYI, Ft. Brag and Fayettenam are ####holes.

BlackSheep

mv_princess said:
I am under 25. I am 23. And this is probably my other big urge to go. I know I always have a place to come back to if god-forbid something happened. But how else am I going to see anything if I don't try it?
Gheesh you're only 23 yrs old-you're just starting to live and getting to know yourself-live alone, have roommates or stay home. :huggy:IMHO
Psssst the secret to moving is-large trashbags

Pete

Repete
mv_princess said:
Yes I understand. That is not in the playing cards and everything will be taken care of.

NO babies. Ring first babies second.
You don't get pregnant from playing cards.