moving in?

How long?

• I wouldn't..

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 2-3 months after we started dating.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 6 months or more...

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • If I felt it was right I would move in at any time.

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Jameo said:
Or else...it's totally over between us :drama:

It will take one hell of a flood to get me move :lmao:

I'm just giving you a hard time. You're a wise youngin'. See how the 30 days of playing house goes and go from there.
We already played a week of house. And that turned out alright no bad habits then. *I know it's to short of a time* So yeah there wouldn't be anything set in stone til then. Then it would depend on how quickly I could get a job.

How about we set you up with a guest room so you could come visit?

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I waited only two months before I moved in with my husband (bf at the time). We were living two states away and neither one of us liked that situation. So I dropped everything and moved in with him. We lived together about 2 1/2 years and then got married. We have been married for 3 years now. If he is the "one" then I would move in with him without even second guessing myself. I wouldn't trade our relationship for the world.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
mkd20012001 said:
I waited only two months before I moved in with my husband (bf at the time). We were living two states away and neither one of us liked that situation. So I dropped everything and moved in with him. We lived together about 2 1/2 years and then got married. We have been married for 3 years now. If he is the "one" then I would move in with him without even second guessing myself. I wouldn't trade our relationship for the world.
hm Interesting. Good to know.

Redskinsmama

my exboyfriend and i recently broke up, and it made the situation way worse b/c we lived together. we dated a year before we moved in together, but if i could take anything back about that relationship, our living situation would be it. i think if we would've kept our separate places, we would probably still be together.

Redskinsmama said:
i think if we would've kept our separate places, we would probably still be together.
Hmmm... would it have been a dating exclusively or a friends with benefits relationship?

mainman

Set Trippin
If someone already said this, I am sorry for repeating... But honestly what difference do these kinds of questions make anyways? You are still gonna disregard all advice given and do what the #### you wanna do anyways....:lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
mainman said:
If someone already said this, I am sorry for repeating... But honestly what difference do these kinds of questions make anyways? You are still gonna disregard all advice given and do what the #### you wanna do anyways....:lmao:

:lmao:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Go for it. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders and what better way to find out if this guy is "THE" guy. :yay:

Besides, North Carolina is FULL of outlet malls! How could you NOT move there! :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
mainman said:

I taught them well! :diva:

N and I will be officially shacking up a few days shy of 5 months. But we may as well have been shacked up since day 2. We've spent two nights apart since we hooked up. The first two months were the hardest because there were no kids to be involved. It consited of a lot of very late nights without him even coming over until 9. But we were crazy about each other and did it and worked through it.

mainman

Set Trippin
pixiegirl said:
I taught them well! :diva:

N and I will be officially shacking up a few days shy of 5 months. But we may as well have been shacked up since day 2. We've spent two nights apart since we hooked up. The first two months were the hardest because there were no kids to be involved. It consited of a lot of very late nights without him even coming over until 9. But we were crazy about each other and did it and worked through it.
Love ya to death but 5 months is ####, and you know that...:kiss:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
mainman said:
Love ya to death but 5 months is ####, and you know that...:kiss:

I'm very aware. Have you not noticed that NOTHING about my relationship with him fits my MO? I wasn't claiming that 5 months was ANY type of gauge she should be going by just relaying my personal experience.

Brent and I were together for 1.5 years before we shacked up the first time. I moved out within a month. 2 years when we tried again and our only saving grace was that he was gone every other day for work.

I'm trying to "go with your gut" method opposed to the "do the reasonable thing" method.

I was with my ex husband for 3 years before he moved in with me. We lasted about 9 months after that.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
mainman said:
Nothing said I wasn't going to listen. You would be suprised what I learn from you guys. I wont listen to a lot of things because some will tell you what you want to hear, and others will tell you what you don't want to hear just because they can.

But there are some on here that will tell it like it is. Some know me and know whats going on. Those will be the ones I listen to the most.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
mv_princess said:
Nothing said I wasn't going to listen. You would be suprised what I learn from you guys. I wont listen to a lot of things because some will tell you what you want to hear, and others will tell you what you don't want to hear just because they can.

But there are some on here that will tell it like it is. Some know me and know whats going on. Those will be the ones I listen to the most.

Will you have a hot tub?? :popcorn:

For real though.... If it feels right go for it. Like you said if things go bad, which I hope they don't, then you always have a place to return to.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
MDTerps said:
Will you have a hot tub?? :popcorn:

For real though.... If it feels right go for it. Like you said if things go bad, which I hope they don't, then you always have a place to return to.
Those are really my feelings, but I was talking to someone here at work, and they flipped out. And told me I was way too young to try and make calls like this. And that I shouldn't dream about moving anywhere. :blahblah:

I did find a place with a hot tub, wanna come visit too?

mv_princess said:
Those are really my feelings, but I was talking to someone here at work, and they flipped out. And told me I was way too young to try and make calls like this. And that I shouldn't dream about moving anywhere. :blahblah:
I'm thinking the ones that are flipping out are the ones that can only see this as a step towards marriage.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
kwillia said:
I'm thinking the ones that are flipping out are the ones that can only see this as a step towards marriage.
I can see where they would think this. because that's what it used to mean.

But now I would much rather live with someone for at least a year before marriage was ever even an issue. I don't feel like I am rushing into anything, I mean I am kinda scared to leave everything I know behind. But at the same time I want something different a change.
And at least I have a back-up plan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
Or the ones that are jealous because they don't have guts enough to take a chance.