Mozilla CEO pressured to resign

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The funny thing about these obscure boycotts is that typically they are ignored by most and fade within a few days. Mozilla had to do nothing but remain silient and by today no one would even remember it.

Which is why there is probably more to the story...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you think Vrai is an ugly, smelly, old hag, it's either time for that eye exam or, gosh, I'm at a loss for a decent analogy. Whatever else she is or is not, she is one attractive woman.

I hate this. Now I have to come up with an analogy that allows for beauty being the eye of the beholder but, something that also allows for, and describes someone whose tastes run so far off the map as to be incomprehensible...this isn't as easy as it may seem.... :tap:

He doesn't know ####, he just threw that out there in hopes that maybe I'm insecure about my looks and might run sobbing to the mirror to check for crows feet. He knows I'm 50, knows I used to smoke, so he hoped that I was one of those grizzled women the anti-smoking posters in his classroom feature.

FAIL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Like I said before, it's a shill. Eich was going to retire anyway, this kerfluffle happened along, and Mozilla gets to look like some champion of civil rights while doing what was going to be done all along. As someone else pointed out, it doesn't do to have the stock dropping as a major shareholder is getting ready to retire.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Like I said before, it's a shill. Eich was going to retire anyway, this kerfluffle happened along, and Mozilla gets to look like some champion of civil rights while doing what was going to be done all along. As someone else pointed out, it doesn't do to have the stock dropping as a major shareholder is getting ready to retire.

If he was going to retire, why would he have taken the position in first place? Are you saying Eich was in on it?

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is the way things have been done in this country for decades.

monkeys.jpg

itsrequired

Right....I get it. They made this guy the CEO in hope that it would generate controversy and then he could retire. Yea, that makes a lot of sense. And you have the audacity to call someone retarded.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If he was going to retire, why would he have taken the position in first place? Are you saying Eich was in on it?

Who knows. When something sounds too stupid to be believed, I always assume there is more to the story.

It strikes me as seriously odd that Mozilla would fire a guy they had just named CEO, one of their founders no less, because some crybaby dating website people, who are nobodies in the grand scheme of life, demanded it. His donation was made public a couple years ago, so if they were going to have a problem with his social views, why give him the position in the first place?

Three of Mozilla's five board members resigned after Eich was appointed, and they're trying to say that it was in protest. Um, if that were the case how did Eich get a majority of votes for his appointment? Or maybe Mozilla does it different from every other corporation in America and their officers are appointed by somebody other than the Board of Directors?

The whole thing sounds like so much bull####.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are some interesting comments by a Mozilla guy, Jeff Walden, below this story..

http://www.conservativeintel.com/2014/04/04/mozilla-sets-new-company-online-record-for-customer-dissatisfaction/

He is so full of ####. He either doesn't know the inside scoop or he's outright lying.

Given the shouting from the other side after his appointment, shouting that apparently showed no signs of ending,

Who even freaking heard of this before a week ago, if even that?

Pete

Repete
Who knows. When something sounds too stupid to be believed, I always assume there is more to the story.

It strikes me as seriously odd that Mozilla would fire a guy they had just named CEO, one of their founders no less, because some crybaby dating website people, who are nobodies in the grand scheme of life, demanded it. His donation was made public a couple years ago, so if they were going to have a problem with his social views, why give him the position in the first place?

Three of Mozilla's five board members resigned after Eich was appointed, and they're trying to say that it was in protest. Um, if that were the case how did Eich get a majority of votes for his appointment? Or maybe Mozilla does it different from every other corporation in America and their officers are appointed by somebody other than the Board of Directors?

The whole thing sounds like so much bull####.
Unless the Board of Directors are all gay and support same sex marriage. Then they would be pissed enough to oust him.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Calling me a retard wasn't a personal attack? I have met you. It was at an event where Charles Lollar was the speaker. I'm pretty dead on in my description.

I believe I was with her during at least one event where Lollar was the speaker. (One in Calvert County at the Steuart's house) I happen to know you're dead wrong in your description.

This_person

What point were you really trying to make?
That the argument isn't about homosexuals marrying. They already can marry. No state has a sexual orientation clause to getting married.

The argument is about what is called "marriage". It's not even about the legal perqs that come with the government's recognition of the relationship; CA had a great civil union law. It's about legally mandated social acceptance.

He donated to a cause most Californians agreed with. A cause the Obama administration agreed with. What's the problem?

mamatutu

mama to two
This has been an amusing, informative, and great debate thread. Thanks! Yes, and the Steuarts have always been so involved in the Republican Party of Calvert County, and really support keeping the party alive here. I applaud them for that. They are quite amusing themselves, also!