Msa?

flyhigh

Is it just me or did MSA on Sunday seem to be a reallllllly long day? I haven't shown there in 2 years.. is it that packed at every show? My flat classes all had at least 25+ hoses and riders in them. Does anyone know of some good schoolong shows besides Freestate and MW? Any advice would be great. :dance:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Tonia said:
We are having a schooling show at Flat Iron Farm next weekend.

Try A Moment in Time. The have schooling shows every month. Check out the other thread about Schooling Shows just posted on Sunday. If you call or stop by you should be able to get a prize list.

fredsaid2

It's been a good size for years with very full classes. You were lucky to have natural light to finish up low hunters, workings were always under lights. If we got home at 10pm we called it a short day! It was generally more towards midnight.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I actually like SMHA better. They still have decent competetion but only 10-25 riders in a class. There are more classes I can school green hunters in too. I don't think they have the great discounts that MSA does, but it beats getting home at midnight like last weekend. I would love to meet you guys who are showing up there. I'll be on the big steel grey, actually she is beginning to dapple. Come say hi! :howdy: (hmm, it seems like I have said these things before.)

K

Katie

Sadielady said:
I actually like SMHA better. They still have decent competetion but only 10-25 riders in a class. There are more classes I can school green hunters in too. I don't think they have the great discounts that MSA does, but it beats getting home at midnight like last weekend. I would love to meet you guys who are showing up there. I'll be on the big steel grey, actually she is beginning to dapple. Come say hi! :howdy: (hmm, it seems like I have said these things before.)

You think she will be um bucking this time. :lmao: I have a ride to take Ashton so I will be taking him in more classes. As it looks right now I will be done nice & early since I don't jump yet.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I am sure Sadie will be bucking and too fast, but oh well, as long as I stay on. She was great today, no bucks at all.

BZHorseMomE

flyhigh said:
Is it just me or did MSA on Sunday seem to be a reallllllly long day? I haven't shown there in 2 years.. is it that packed at every show? My flat classes all had at least 25+ hoses and riders in them. Does anyone know of some good schoolong shows besides Freestate and MW? Any advice would be great. :dance:

Equilibrium Horse Center in Crofton has a schooling show series. There next show is May 6th. Then there Fall Schooling series starts on September 23rd.

Merry Mount Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro has schooling shows on June 3rd and September 9th.

Hope this helps. :howdy:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
flyhigh said:
western classes went ok fast... i got there at 12 and my classes wasnt tell about 4... i was the only one too, though i am glad they added my speed classes.

BZHorseMomE

flarenuphope said:
western classes went ok fast... i got there at 12 and my classes wasnt tell about 4... i was the only one too, though i am glad they added my speed classes.

Flare have you ever gone to MWHA for speed classes. They are run at the Howard County Fair Grounds.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Sadielady said:
I am sure Sadie will be bucking and too fast, but oh well, as long as I stay on. She was great today, no bucks at all.

Not to be rude, but those are the horses that concern me in the ring with the young riders. I certainly hope you keep her in schooling classes with the other lunatics. It's great to take your horse to shows for the experience, but not at the expense of other riders and horses. Bottom line, a bucking horse is a danger to everyone when you're in a ring with 10-20 people. Get the buck out of her at home. It's like driving a car with no steering or breaks on the beltway, do you expect everyone to look out for you because you can't stop or turn? :howdy:

lsantagata79

Winn Dixie said:
Not to be rude, but those are the horses that concern me in the ring with the young riders. I certainly hope you keep her in schooling classes with the other lunatics. It's great to take your horse to shows for the experience, but not at the expense of other riders and horses. Bottom line, a bucking horse is a danger to everyone when you're in a ring with 10-20 people. Get the buck out of her at home. It's like driving a car with no steering or breaks on the beltway, do you expect everyone to look out for you because you can't stop or turn? :howdy:

Not to be rude, but even broke, finished show horses can have a "moment" in the show ring. Part of being a good showman is avoiding the mishaps/accidents in the ring...that's what separates the professionals from the amateurs. SaidiLady is a professional so I wouldn't be to concerned with her ability to handle a horse...plus I don't think she'll be competing in youth class anytime soon so you need not worry about the safety of the "young riders".

PS. In defensive driving they do teach you to look out for & be aware of the cars around you, so you can avoid the people without steering wheels & brakes...

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
lsantagata79 said:
Not to be rude, but even broke, finished show horses can have a "moment" in the show ring. Part of being a good showman is avoiding the mishaps/accidents in the ring...that's what separates the professionals from the amateurs. SaidiLady is a professional so I wouldn't be to concerned with her ability to handle a horse...plus I don't think she'll be competing in youth class anytime soon so you need not worry about the safety of the "young riders".

PS. In defensive driving they do teach you to look out for & be aware of the cars around you, so you can avoid the people without steering wheels & brakes...

:smack: What profession? What circuit? Just wondering. :howdy

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Winn Dixie said:
A bucking horse with an experienced rider is hardly a danger to anyone.
Having no control over your horse is completely another thing. The true danger is allowing students to go in the show ring under "so called trainers" that haven't taught them what the heck to do in the show ring or how to make their way through a crowd. Many of the riders up there and down here are a danger to themselves and others because of their inexperience. Usually the more local the shows are, the more inexperienced the riders, and the more paranoid you should be about entering the ring.
My horse is hardly a lunatic and will be worth well over 40K when I finish training her. She is only 5 and is a type of warm blood that is known for maturing slowly. If there are “kids” in the classes I choose to ride in like “Green hunter” they should be able to handle the crowd and their own green horse. I have to say, it did sound like you were being rude. We were just joking about Sadie, and not really looking for a critique. If you were asking me what profession and what circuit I do…I could go on and on. I have shown many circuits including the Arabian circuit in Western, Saddle Seat, Hunter, & Jumper up to the Nation level. I was top 5 in the Nationals for my equitation division at 13 years old, and also reserve champion in the Arabian jumper division. I have shown Hunters and ridden equitation since I started showing at 3 years old. I have shown schooling to the A-3 shows for years (when it used to be AHSA). My reputation is good and can be proven unlike some trainers around here that make claims that are easily proven false with a little research. I am an equitation & hunter/jumper trainer. That is my profession. I am not advertising because I am at the capacity for what I have time for right now. Did I answer your questions?

:howdy:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Sadielady said:
A bucking horse with an experienced rider is hardly a danger to anyone.
Having no control over your horse is completely another thing. The true danger is allowing students to go in the show ring under "so called trainers" that haven't taught them what the heck to do in the show ring or how to make their way through a crowd. Many of the riders up there and down here are a danger to themselves and others because of their inexperience. Usually the more local the shows are, the more inexperienced the riders, and the more paranoid you should be about entering the ring.
My horse is hardly a lunatic and will be worth well over 40K when I finish training her. She is only 5 and is a type of warm blood that is known for maturing slowly. If there are “kids” in the classes I choose to ride in like “Green hunter” they should be able to handle the crowd and their own green horse. I have to say, it did sound like you were being rude. We were just joking about Sadie, and not really looking for a critique. If you were asking me what profession and what circuit I do…I could go on and on. I have shown many circuits including the Arabian circuit in Western, Saddle Seat, Hunter, & Jumper up to the Nation level. I was top 5 in the Nationals for my equitation division at 13 years old, and also reserve champion in the Arabian jumper division. I have shown Hunters and ridden equitation since I started showing at 3 years old. I have shown schooling to the A-3 shows for years (when it used to be AHSA). My reputation is good and can be proven unlike some trainers around here that make claims that are easily proven false with a little research. I am an equitation & hunter/jumper trainer. That is my profession. I am not advertising because I am at the capacity for what I have time for right now. Did I answer your questions?

:howdy:

Just a little touchy, are we? :howdy: :whistle: Why are you trashing the trainers in the area, can't you all just get along? :lmao: :jameo:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Winn Dixie said:
Aren't they one and the same? :lmao: :killingme
My name begins with J, but you have got the wrong split personality. SOrry to disappoint you! :elaine: Now that deserves some red and you ARE definitely being rude. :smack:

lsantagata79

No we are different people...if you would like SaidieLady's resume you'll have to ask her. As for my profession/circuit....

Professional Horse Trainer & Farm Manager for 10+ years in the AQHA circuit

•President - MeQHYA 1997
•1997 Hi Point Youth Champion Western Horsemanship – State of Maine
•1997 Reserve Youth Champion Western Pleasure – State of Maine
•1997 Top Ten Rookie of the Year for AQHA – National
•1999 Member of University of Findlay Intercollegiate Riding Team
•Member of American Quarter Horses Association
•Recruited my freshman year of college by Guy Stoops – World Champion, Reserve World Champion, Multiple Congress Champions & Reserve Champions, AQHA & NSBA Judge.

Personally backed by AQHA Hall of Fame member Clark Bradley & Alex Ross who both serve on the AQHA Executive Judges Committee

(Assisted in training of both horse and client)
•3 All American Quarter Horses Congress Champion’s
•3 All American Quarter Horse Congress Reserve Champion’s
•2 All American Quarter Horses Congress Top Ten
•7 Hi Point Champion & Reserve Hi Point Champion MeQHA
•3 Rookie of the Year Titles- AQHA

I could go on but I think that's enough information to get you started...Thanks for asking ;-)