Music played in public schools for dances

Music for public dances in schools

• Should music be screened for dances?

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Should music be age group appropriate?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Let them listen and dance to anything

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Should music like (example) Crank Dat by Soulja Boy be played in public school for elementary and middle school dances?

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Should music like (example) Crank Dat by Soulja Boy be played in public school for elementary and middle school dances?

I am not sure I have heard that song. I remember one of the songs played at frequently at our school dance was Eric Clapton's "Cocaine" :lol:, but that did not mean it made me want to try it.

meangirl

Nice lady!

I am not sure I have heard that song. I remember one of the songs played at frequently at our school dance was Eric Clapton's "Cocaine" :lol:, but that did not mean it made me want to try it.

:yeahthat: They play what is popular. I have no problem with that. :shrug:

You know the song - just not the title... google the lyrics :yikes: Then Google what a "Superman" is... :yikes: :yikes:

meangirl

Nice lady!
You know the song - just not the title... google the lyrics :yikes: Then Google what a "Superman" is... :yikes: :yikes:

Crank Dat by Soulja Boy...well. It is a very popular song right now. The middle and high school kids love it...including my own. I don't worry they are going to go out there and try to be supermen or anything...to them it is a song. Nothing more.

meangirl

Nice lady!
Crank Dat by Soulja Boy...well. It is a very popular song right now. The middle and high school kids love it...including my own. I don't worry they are going to go out there and try to be supermen or anything...to them it is a song. Nothing more.

Also...the ones who you really need to worry about are probably not at these dances anyway. :coffee:

We had a LONG discussion @ a party over the holidays - pretty sure most adults don't know... I died laughing when I found out! But they do play the song @ Elementary School and Middle School dances... just FYI...

What is a Superman in reference to the song???

Lyrics -

[Chorus: x2]
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank It
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe
Now Watch Me Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now Watch Me Do
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

[Verse 1:]
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock
Super Man Dat Hoe
Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop
Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock
Jocking On Them Haterz Man
When I Do Dat Soulja Boy
I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance
(Now You)
I'm Jocking On Yo ##### Ass
And If We Get The Fightin
Then I'm Cocking On Your #####
You Catch Me At Yo Local Party
Yes I Crank It Everyday
Haterz Get Mad Cuz
"I Got Me Some Bathin Apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]
I'm Bouncin On My Toe
Watch Me Super Soak Dat Hoe
I'ma Pass It To Arab
Then He Gon Pass It To The Low (Low)
Haterz Wanna Be Me
Soulja Boy, I'm The Man
They Be Lookin At My Neck
Sayin Its The Rubberband Man (Man)
Watch Me Do It (Watch Me Do It)
Dance (Dance)
Let Get To It (Let Get To It)
Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me
Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me
Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me
Man That #### Was Ugly

[Chorus x4]
[Crank Dat Soulja Boy Lyrics on
LYRICS Mania ]

meangirl

Nice lady!

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>
reputation_neg.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p2705070 width="50%">Music played in public...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>02-17-2008 10:09 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">you are gehetto</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:roflmao:

Yo, you right about DAT! :yay:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>
reputation_neg.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p2705070 width="50%">Music played in public...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>02-17-2008 10:09 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">you are gehetto</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:roflmao:

Yo, you right about DAT! :yay:

:thewave:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We had a LONG discussion @ a party over the holidays - pretty sure most adults don't know... I died laughing when I found out! But they do play the song @ Elementary School and Middle School dances... just FYI...

What is a Superman in reference to the song???

]

WOW.. Ok I was suprised by that.. They play that song at my kids elementary school dance.. at least 5 times each time. The kids love it and scream everytime it comes on.

My hubby, me and all 3 of my kids have learned the dance together.

LusbyMom

I didn't answer the poll. What each person thinks about how to screen will be different. Also who decides what is age appropriate?

My kids come home singing some songs that I am shocked by and they learn it from school and on the bus. Oldest wanted some songs downloaded to her ipod so I did and chose the clean version. Then I listened to them and had to erase some. The bad words were taken out but all the stuff leading up to the bad word was still there.

I just told hubby what superman dat hoe means.. he says he isn't dancing to it anymore :lmao:

WOW.. Ok I was suprised by that.. They play that song at my kids elementary school dance.. at least 5 times each time. The kids love it and scream everytime it comes on.

My hubby, me and all 3 of my kids have learned the dance together.

My son knows - now that he does - he thinks it is funny, the lyrics... he does not take it seriously... but you would be surprised at the number of kids who do not! :lol:

Some of the parents have had heart attacks when they found out!

Bottom line is we raise our kids the best we place what values and morals we can in them and hope for the best when they get old enough to make decisions on there own :yay:

LusbyMom

My son knows - now that he does - he thinks it is funny, the lyrics... he does not take it seriously... but you would be surprised at the number of kids who do not! :lol:

Some of the parents have had heart attacks when they found out!

Bottom line is we raise our kids the best we place what values and morals we can in them and hope for the best when they get old enough to make decisions on there own :yay:

I am pretty sure my kids don't have a clue what it means they don't know what ejaculate is but I will be asking them over breakfast tomorrow just to make sure! :lmao: I think it's just music to them.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

Well, which is the "right" definition? Because there are six listed and none of them say the same thing. I vote for definition number three. :coffee: