MVA Real ID License Renewal

stgislander

PREMO Member
Damn. I don't remember the person doing my renewal giving me the choice. I may have check 'X' just for gits and shiggles.

Catman2

What do y'all think of my renewal package....birth certificate, SS card, tax papers, mortgage bill, car insurance bill, HOA statement . Good?

BernieP

Resident PIA
What do y'all think of my renewal package....birth certificate, SS card, tax papers, mortgage bill, car insurance bill, HOA statement . Good?
What's with all the "papers" and I'm not sure what a birth certificate and SS card proves, not unless you have photographic identification to prove you are who you claim to be.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I went in Friday with a previously made apointment (holy **** it was packed), I brought passport, old DL, car registration, house bill, W-2, and new SS card. He didn't even need the W-2 or bill. When I made the apt (seriously, thank you @stgislander), it gave me a list of documents needed based on what my apt was for.

I was in and out within 20 mins. I got LOTS of dirty looks :yahoo: new DL card should arrive in the mail this week.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I went in Friday with a previously made apointment (holy **** it was packed), I brought passport, old DL, car registration, house bill, W-2, and new SS card. He didn't even need the W-2 or bill. When I made the apt (seriously, thank you @stgislander), it gave me a list of documents needed based on what my apt was for.

I was in and out within 20 mins. I got LOTS of dirty looks :yahoo: new DL card should arrive in the mail this week.
Glad I could help.

Catman2

Where were you?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Went into the Loveville office yesterday to renew trailer tags. What a fuster cluck. I love the kiosk.

Went into the Loveville office yesterday to renew trailer tags. What a fuster cluck. I love the kiosk.
I do renewals online, get it in the mail a few days later. Just did two trailers. Don't even have to get out of the easy chair.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I do renewals online, get it in the mail a few days later. Just did two trailers. Don't even have to get out of the easy chair.

The only reason I went in was to get them to switch my Jetta registration to a one year renewal. I don't like to let them use my money interest free for 12 months. That sure didn't happen.

The only reason I went in was to get them to switch my Jetta registration to a one year renewal. I don't like to let them use my money interest free for 12 months. That sure didn't happen.
Yeah, that kinda sounds like a losing argument before you even get there. Worth the try, tho.

Midnightrider

Only a Cheap assed Jetta owner would go to the mva over that.

I went to loveville today. It was packed with a line out the door. Once I got in an employee came over to ask what I was there for. When I said I had an appointment he went and got me a number, checked my documents and whispered ‘you are next’.
Sure enough my number came up next and I bypassed the line and all the people sitting in the waiting area. I was in and out in about 15mins

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Only a Cheap assed Jetta owner would go to the mva over that.

I went to loveville today. It was packed with a line out the door. Once I got in an employee came over to ask what I was there for. When I said I had an appointment he went and got me a number, checked my documents and whispered ‘you are next’.
Sure enough my number came up next and I bypassed the line and all the people sitting in the waiting area. I was in and out in about 15mins

Only a pussy would allow another man to whisper any fuqing thing in his ear.

Midnightrider

Only a pussy would allow another man to whisper any fuqing thing in his ear.
Bwhahahaha
Your imagination is pretty good. You probably even think you are cool when you are driving a beater Jetta that won’t make it two years......
you must be on a fixed income if you think it’s worth going to the mva for that.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Nailed it! Little beater TDI...

Getting 40-45 mpg with a very impressive 1/4 mile time and a kick ass stereo is my idea of a beater. We won't even discuss the comfort and handling. Although, I would like to swap the 5 speed out for a 6 shooter. It would be nice to get the mileage up around 50, but my boats are taking up too much time and money to worry about saving a few of my SSI dollars.

How are those his and his priuses working out?

Midnightrider

Nailed it! Little beater TDI...

Getting 40-45 mpg with a very impressive 1/4 mile time and a kick ass stereo is my idea of a beater. We won't even discuss the comfort and handling. Although, I would like to swap the 5 speed out for a 6 shooter. It would be nice to get the mileage up around 50, but my boats are taking up too much time and money to worry about saving a few of my SSI dollars.

How are those his and his priuses working out?
:poorbaby:

Keep saving those shekels and you might be able to afford some maintenance on that yard art you call ‘boats’.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Miker/t

Had appointment in Waldorf this morning for 1030, wife's at 1045. I just need documents scanned, she was renewing her license. Got there a little before 1030 and we were out by 1100. There were at least 100 people in line. Appointment is definatly the way to go.

softtouch

My current license expires in 2024. It has the real-id star but is not compliant.
Do I just need a document scan? Or a new license?