My blind boxer girl

KDENISE977

Love a Boxer-bot and 2 even more!! Hope things are still going well. They look happy!!

She's really doing good. She's happy, excited, can work her way around the house. NOW my current problem is how the hell do I bathe her? We used to take her to PETCO but I think that would be traumatizing at this point in time. People on the blind dogs forums say if you mentioned the words 'bath" or "petco" it would be familiar to her now, but I never did that???

Roman

She's really doing good. She's happy, excited, can work her way around the house. NOW my current problem is how the hell do I bathe her? We used to take her to PETCO but I think that would be traumatizing at this point in time. People on the blind dogs forums say if you mentioned the words 'bath" or "petco" it would be familiar to her now, but I never did that???
Just like with my deaf dog Dolly, I use the same hand signals for everything. Now she knows if I do the "bath" sign, that it's time for her to hide under our bed. She use to love showers, but not anymore. Can you put Molly in your tub?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

What about Pepper's Pet Pantry? They have a dog wash there. I think you wash your own dog - not sure, I don't have a dog! I'm sure others here will know...

Roman

What about Pepper's Pet Pantry? They have a dog wash there. I think you wash your own dog - not sure, I don't have a dog! I'm sure others here will know...
Yes, you do wash your own dog. They provide everything else.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I wash my own dogs in our bathtub. Is it not normal to do this?

I'm not in the tub at the same time or anything but I do wash ours in our bathtub. :shrug:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I've never used ours to wash her so again. Everything will be foreign. I just don't want to scare her

Our Bugg hated water a few months ago, now she DIVES into our swimming pool and barks at the bathtub when she wants a bath.

I would put water in the tub first, turn off the facet and put her in the tub. If she freaks out, that isn't for her but if she is okay, wash her and use a cup to rinse her off.

Sometimes the facet can freak them out hence the reason I don't run it while she is in there. Now she is letting me use the shower sprayer to hose her off but it took several baths for her to allow that.

Our dog likes the water barely warm - almost cold in fact.

Roman

I wash my own dogs in our bathtub. Is it not normal to do this?

I'm not in the tub at the same time or anything but I do wash ours in our bathtub. :shrug:
My dogs are small. I take them in the shower with me. usually just ne at a time, but sometime both. Killing 2, or 3 birds with one stone.

KDENISE977

Yes, I've seen the halos on the blind dog FB page i'm part of. They say that the halo's are sort of a crutch, not forcing you dog to actually learn their way around :shrug: Molly is doing just great at that part. I had to tell her to stop trotting around outside because she was going to reach the end of her line. :lol: She jumps up and down in the room and when I get home from work she stands on her hind legs...looks sort of like a raptor and bounces around till I take her outside.

KDENISE977

Molly update. She's been really active the past two days. I come home and the toy box is spread all over the room :lol: and its always been her, it's not Remi. She has been playing outside with Him more and more. She also has taken to destroying our sheets which sucks but it's not something we can fix??:shrug: I walked into the bedroom tonight and couldn't find her, started to panic... Only to realize she had wrapped herself completely up inside the comforter.

She's has had some bad bouts with really bad loose Bowels over the past week and a half and the oncologist said she can only have Pepcid, if that doesn't get better by weeks end its back to the vet :mad:

Attachments

• image-2694328549.jpg
    image-2694328549.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 320

frequentflier

happy to be living
Molly update. She's been really active the past two days. I come home and the toy box is spread all over the room :lol: and its always been her, it's not Remi. She has been playing outside with Him more and more. She also has taken to destroying our sheets which sucks but it's not something we can fix??:shrug: I walked into the bedroom tonight and couldn't find her, started to panic... Only to realize she had wrapped herself completely up inside the comforter.

She's has had some bad bouts with really bad loose Bowels over the past week and a half and the oncologist said she can only have Pepcid, if that doesn't get better by weeks end its back to the vet :mad:

You may want to try some straight canned pumpkin (not pie mix with sugar, though). It has a lot of fiber and might help form up the loose stools.

KDENISE977

You may want to try some straight canned pumpkin (not pie mix with sugar, though). It has a lot of fiber and might help form up the loose stools.

:yay: thanks, I forgot about it. I had given her some a few weeks ago and my other hog dog kept pushing her out of the way and stealing it. I guess I'll have to get enough for two :ohwell:

KDENISE977

Ugh...nothing says MONDAYS SUCK having to call in work and take a day off and trying to scoop up dog diarrhea in the pouring rain :mad: just dropped it of at PFAH and they immediately gave me meds for her. I took her off the Pepcid for one day and it was back :ohwell:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
AND test results are negative for any parasites. Not sure what to do now? :shrug:

Did they give you any probiotics?

I have sensitive tummy boy dog. His tummy has always been very delicate. The first few months we had him, his butt was getting hosed down every day, several times a day. :barf:

My dogs are on quality dog food and eat healthy treats and that didn't matter. Yogurt didn't help. Pumpkin, rice, homemade food, none of that helped.

Anyway the vet gave me dog probiotics, and they work. FortiFlora. You can get some off amazon if the vet didn't give you any. It's dried powder that gets sprinkled over the dog food.

Your girl has had a lot of medicines in her system and it's probably killed the good bacteria in her stomach. It'll take a few months to work out naturally, or you can introduce the probiotic and keep her on it for a while and you'll see a difference in about a week.

Roman

Did they give you any probiotics?

I have sensitive tummy boy dog. His tummy has always been very delicate. The first few months we had him, his butt was getting hosed down every day, several times a day. :barf:

My dogs are on quality dog food and eat healthy treats and that didn't matter. Yogurt didn't help. Pumpkin, rice, homemade food, none of that helped.

Anyway the vet gave me dog probiotics, and they work. FortiFlora. You can get some off amazon if the vet didn't give you any. It's dried powder that gets sprinkled over the dog food.

Your girl has had a lot of medicines in her system and it's probably killed the good bacteria in her stomach. It'll take a few months to work out naturally, or you can introduce the probiotic and keep her on it for a while and you'll see a difference in about a week.
Very good post Mig. When Meatball was sick I gave her probiotics too. Ask PFAH first to see if they're on-board with it also. My girls both love pumpkin too. Don't they have a dog food out for sensitive stomachs? That might be something to try.