My Dating Thread

BernieP

Resident PIA
Geez, I have real world dating questions. Also known as dating advice for losers.
I read this horrorscope thing that had several sections, first, I am not romantic, BUT I will meet someone in a bookstore.

So here's my question? What's a bookstore and has anyone seen on lately?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Geez, I have real world dating questions. Also known as dating advice for losers.
I read this horrorscope thing that had several sections, first, I am not romantic, BUT I will meet someone in a bookstore.

So here's my question? What's a bookstore and has anyone seen on lately?
The one near Great Mills Rd.. great first date site.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Rookie. It was once featured on , I think, channel 9 news, for about 45 minutes.
Still unclear, guess I need to get out more, or at least check out life in LP City.
I know were the Post Office, the Church, and a couple of other things are on GM Rd.
Plus the joke of a hotel / motel in Millicent plaza (because it made the government list of preferred hotels for employees).

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Plus the joke of a hotel / motel in Millicent plaza (because it made the government list of preferred hotels for employees).
Counter guy at Southern Tire said the new owner is pulling it down to add more retail space, possibly a restaurant, too.

glhs837

Power with Control
I am not aware of a honest bookstore in this county since Bay Books closed and that was rather small.

Well, it was honestly a bookstore once, anyway. I know because after I arrived broke and in need of reading material, I would trade some of my excess books in for science fiction they had in the racks out front. Didn't even notice the door leading to the less (or more, depending on your proclivities) savory stuff in the back...... which did include magazines, I'm sure :) Signed used to just read "Book Store" forever. Then a few years back they got more open about it :) Been gone for a year or more.

Counter guy at Southern Tire said the new owner is pulling it down to add more retail space, possibly a restaurant, too.

SDAT shows its owned by Inder Hospitality. Also shows the incredible value drop over the years....

Transfer Information
Seller: BRADDOCK REALTY LLCDate: 10/02/2014Price: $1,400,000
Type: NON-ARMS LENGTH OTHERDeed1: /04086/ 00489Deed2:
Seller: GANESH LLCDate: 06/22/2007Price: $5,650,000
Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVEDDeed1: JWW /03022/ 00694Deed2:
Seller: BELVEDERE RESTAURANT INCDate: 06/17/2002Price: $4,150,000
Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVEDDeed1: EWA /01807/ 00766Deed2:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well, it was honestly a bookstore once, anyway. I know because after I arrived broke and in need of reading material, I would trade some of my excess books in for science fiction they had in the racks out front. Didn't even notice the door leading to the less (or more, depending on your proclivities) savory stuff in the back...... which did include magazines, I'm sure :) Signed used to just read "Book Store" forever. Then a few years back they got more open about it :) Been gone for a year or more.

SDAT shows its owned by Inder Hospitality. Also shows the incredible value drop over the years....

Transfer Information
Seller: BRADDOCK REALTY LLCDate: 10/02/2014Price: $1,400,000
Type: NON-ARMS LENGTH OTHERDeed1: /04086/ 00489Deed2:
Seller: GANESH LLCDate: 06/22/2007Price: $5,650,000
Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVEDDeed1: JWW /03022/ 00694Deed2:
Seller: BELVEDERE RESTAURANT INCDate: 06/17/2002Price: $4,150,000
Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVEDDeed1: EWA /01807/ 00766Deed2:
Getting slightly off topic (or back on topic) what authors do you like? I’m asking only because the wife says get rid of a couple of square feet of books.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Used to be the "goto" hotel when we traveled to this area.
I heard that the A&E was also. I noticed it had become a Motel 6 at one point. Around the time SATO decided they needed to book your hotel because they had negotiated lower than per diem places around the US. I looked up the local (Pax) place SATO would send people and guess what, Motel 6 in all it's crap was on the list. If those poor souls had a manager that was a stickler for travel regs, they were in for a nasty surprise.