My happy ponies

CountryLady

luvmyponies
That's nice to hear how sweet she is, Prince is a sweet boy too.

I am sure he is. He made pretty babies. WT is a great mother. The baby and my yearling filly have bonded and are the best of freinds. Momma will be on the other side of the feild and the two girls are just chillin together eating grass or mutually grooming each other.

I love all ponies, but babies are especially cool.

bernsm

Here is one of momma and filly 10days old. She is a little over a month old now. She is quite a freindly little thing. VERY SOCIAL & OUTGOING LITTLE FILLY this one is.

We've been admiring your horses since you brought them to the neighborhood (I live off that same beaten path). Your horses all look wonderfully cared for and the filly is adorable. I look for her every time I walk or drive by.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
We've been admiring your horses since you brought them to the neighborhood (I live off that same beaten path). Your horses all look wonderfully cared for and the filly is adorable. I look for her every time I walk or drive by.

WELL thanks so much for the compliment. I love my ponies. If you see me there some time please be sure to stop by and introduce yourself, so that I may formally introduce you to my guys.:howdy:

bernsm

WELL thanks so much for the compliment. I love my ponies. If you see me there some time please be sure to stop by and introduce yourself, so that I may formally introduce you to my guys.:howdy:

Will do. You may have seen us before. We're the couple walking three dogs (two Australian Shepherds and a mix-breed). My one Aussie is a little too interested in your horses. :nono: He's always game to play chanse.

T

toppick08

Will do. You may have seen us before. We're the couple walking three dogs (two Australian Shepherds and a mix-breed). My one Aussie is a little too interested in your horses. :nono: He's always game to play chanse.

:buddies:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
And many of her horses are ESPECIALLY fond of playing chase with doggies too :lol:

CountryLady

luvmyponies

OHHHH! YEAHHH! Pretty Aussies!
I know you guys always have them on a leash, but contrary to popular belief, baby horses aren't born knowing what fences are. I have seen dogs chase baby horse and frighten them so bad that they run smack dab into/through the fence. It usually doesn't end well...... for either of them. :whistle:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
:faint: read your own thread. Posts 35 and 36....

Silly woman! :doh:

As it turns out I was talking to SoMDRocks back in september of last year about her boy Prince. I have some lovly pics of him and his sire. now that I stopped and remembered to look. At that time she was going to register him as SMDR'S "Pimp My Ride" aka Prince. I just never found him in the RMHA data base and was wondering what his registered name was.

I thought 35 and 36 were talking about the new owners re-registering him. :coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Her sire is SOMDRocks boy Prince. :biggrin:
She's a really pretty, soft pastel peachy color. I'm thinking palomino, maybe a light pali. when she sheds out. not sure about the silver-if she's red it wouldn't show anyway. it would be lucky to get 2 with silver in back to back breedings on 2 mares.

SOMDRocks, did his new owners register and certify him? Is he gelded? My chocolate/white colt by him out of the Palomino Racking mare Breezy is HUGE.

Well, I will be sending her hair samples in soon for testing. Her Mane and tail are comming in snow white except where the DUN Stripe is. My Guess is she is a Bay dun with silver. Now that she is shedding out you can see the faint (chocolate) zebra stripes on her knees. Her bay points seem to be lightened to a chocolate. Still very peachy color. I will be taking some new pic of her tonight if the weather holds out. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
That filly is too red to be a bay based horse. Her m/t would be black as would her ear rims, even as a newborn. You'd see a little bit of black on her lower legs/pasturns too.

She's red based. Maybe a red dun.
Care to make a little wager? :popcorn:
Hmm what do i want to win??? Lemme think on it.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
That filly is too red to be a bay based horse. Her m/t would be black as would her ear rims, even as a newborn. You'd see a little bit of black on her lower legs/pasturns too.

Her mane and tail were dark more chocolate color than black though. Which granted could have been due to DUN factor. Her ear rims are the same darkend color (with little white tips) which could also be due to DUN. Her Zebra stripes are the same color as well as cob webbing.

Wager may be fun. :popcorn: Her mane and tail are comming in white except for where the dun stripe is along her spine. Her points are a chocolate color which makes me think she might be carring silver, that is my guess. she is still very apricoty though. MAybe palimino dun (Dunilino). Dun could still have the leg markings as she does. But I think she is too dark for palimino. VERY INTERESTING COLOR. SHE may suprise us all. :buddies:

So what is your guess?????? :coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Her mane and tail were dark more chocolate color than black though. Which granted could have been due to DUN factor. Her ear rims are the same darkend color (with little white tips) which could also be due to DUN. Her Zebra stripes are the same color as well as cob webbing.

Wager may be fun. :popcorn: Her mane and tail are comming in white except for where the dun stripe is along her spine. Her points are a chocolate color which makes me think she might be carring silver, that is my guess. she is still very apricoty though. MAybe palimino dun (Dunilino). Dun could still have the leg markings as she does. But I think she is too dark for palimino. VERY INTERESTING COLOR. SHE may suprise us all. :buddies:

So what is your guess?????? :coffee:

OK here are the current photos of my little filly.
She is a little over 4 months here. The photos were taken on 090409.

I am still guessing "silver bay dun" if she were dunalino, I think her coat would be lighter still. We will soon find out.

Attachments

• 100_2127.jpg
    100_2127.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_2129.jpg
    100_2129.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_2133.jpg
    100_2133.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 144

CountryLady

luvmyponies

Ok, I sent the dna samples off last week. Should hear sometime this week on the results of the babies coat color. :yahoo:

Anxiously waiting.
:buddies:

What was the wager again?????:popcorn:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
VGL California Davis sent me an email yesterday that they FIANALLY recieved the hair samples.

They must of went by the way of Alaska, Took almost two weeks to get there. Sheesh.

SO EXCITED!

Can’t wait to find out the TRUE color of my mare and foal.

HappyAppy Do you still want to WAGER????

For the foal I still say "silver bay dun" or maybe "silver dunskin"
DEF Bay based
DEF Silver based
DEF DUN
not sure of cream...cause the DUN factor can cause the lightening of the coat....that is my guess.:coffee:

Momma is either Bay Dun or Dunskin.