"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
What is it with some women and the size of the engagement ring? I was out last weekend @ a local bar and all the attention was on this woman and her new monstrosity of a ring. She said that since he got her such a large stone now, he doesn’t have to ‘upgrade’ her later. Sick... Not to mention they haven’t even been dating a year. It gets better.
At this gathering was another woman is also recently engaged. This woman tore her fiancé a new ####### because HER ring was not as big as the other woman’s. I mean, out in public telling him what an awful person he was because her ring is 'too small'. In front of everyone. She WALKED home from the place in tears, leaving the fiancé sitting there feeling like absolute crap. I think he should have taken the ring back right then and there. Clearly that didn’t happen. I detest materialist people
What the hell is going on? Why is this huge burden put on the man to get some amazing piece of jewelry that is already overpriced? Just so they can prove who has more money to WASTE? Freaking put a down payment on a house, not blow so much money on a ring. Why can’t women stfu and be glad they have a man willing to put up with their shallow values? Anyone else see this happening??

Tina2001aniT

CRoyal said:
What is it with some women and the size of the engagement ring? I was out last weekend @ a local bar and all the attention was on this woman and her new monstrosity of a ring. She said that since he got her such a large stone now, he doesn’t have to ‘upgrade’ her later. Sick... Not to mention they haven’t even been dating a year. It gets better.
At this gathering was another woman is also recently engaged. This woman tore her fiancé a new ####### because HER ring was not as big as the other woman’s. I mean, out in public telling him what an awful person he was because her ring is 'too small'. In front of everyone. She WALKED home from the place in tears, leaving the fiancé sitting there feeling like absolute crap. I think he should have taken the ring back right then and there. Clearly that didn’t happen. I detest materialist people
What the hell is going on? Why is this huge burden put on the man to get some amazing piece of jewelry that is already overpriced? Just so they can prove who has more money to WASTE? Freaking put a down payment on a house, not blow so much money on a ring. Why can’t women stfu and be glad they have a man willing to put up with their shallow values? Anyone else see this happening??

You should have bought her a bigger ring :shrug:

Gwydion

My fiance told me what cut she wanted, and that was it. She could care less how big it was, or any of the other crap that goes with all that. Marriage is what she wants. Not a ring.

I still did the best I could do though :)

On the other hand....theres people out there that won't even consider getting married without a 3 karat ring. I don't get it. Like you said, buy a freakin house instead of boosting your materialistic ego.

If I was there, I'd just have laughed as the woman was picked up by her fiance in a hoopty truck as they drove back to their double-wide.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I agree with you why is it about the size of the ring its the thought. I personally do not like huge rings they look fake to me.

Mikeinsmd

When I see a large ring, the first word that pops in my mind is "fake".

Why risk being robbed or losing such an expensive thing? There are no rich celebrities down here (well except K_Jo & Mainman) and I laugh at those with those big ole fake rocks. :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

I didn't put any demands on my husband for a ring. I did ask that it not be any larger then a half carat as I thought anything else was just too much for my little hand. He got me the most gorgeous heart shaped half carat he could find. I now have a wrap that goes with it that he bought me for my first mothers day, and my ten year anniversary ring. I am done with the diamonds its starting to get scarey walking around with all this on one finger! :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
Speaking of rings....isn't it time for me to get my "upgrade" soon? :shrug:

:smooch: :love: :smooch:
I thought I was your upgrade..

But no Cubic Zirconia would be too good for you!!

:love: :huggy: :love:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
After I found out what Larry paid for my engagement ring, I made him take it back. True story. I couldn't see wearing the cost of my basement refinishing on my finger.

Plus, we don't even wear our wedding bands so it would have been just sitting in my jewelry box.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
vraiblonde said:
After I found out what Larry paid for my engagement ring, I made him take it back. True story. I couldn't see wearing the cost of my basement refinishing on my finger.

Plus, we don't even wear our wedding bands so it would have been just sitting in my jewelry box.

Aw, you mean you didnt want to flash it around the local scene??
hehe. hi five to you

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It was freaking...

...gorgeous too. Marquis cut. Way up the scale on color, cut and clarity. Maybe 50-100 carrots or so. However many come in a high end bunch.

It looked GOOD on her hand.