"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

Cowgirl

I told BF I wanted a cubic zirconia. I don't wear alot of jewelry in the first place, so I'm a little scared I'd lose it or something would happen to it. Plus, we're saving money to hopefully buy a house soon, so I can't see wasting money on a ring. I know he loves me. I don't need a huge ring to prove that. I am not even that big of a diamond fan. :shrug: I wouldn't even care if he got me a different stone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...gorgeous too. Marquis cut. Way up the scale on color, cut and clarity. Maybe 50-100 carrots or so. However many come in a high end bunch.

It looked GOOD on her hand.
Testing...

CR's post came up with a bunch of links in my quote - just seeing if it's us or her.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I have a "monstrosity". :lmao: I wear it about once a year. It will be an heirloom someday.

Geek

Gwydion said:
My fiance told me what cut she wanted, and that was it. She could care less how big it was, or any of the other crap that goes with all that. Marriage is what she wants. Not a ring.

I still did the best I could do though :)

On the other hand....theres people out there that won't even consider getting married without a 3 karat ring. I don't get it. Like you said, buy a freakin house instead of boosting your materialistic ego.

If I was there, I'd just have laughed as the woman was picked up by her fiance in a hoopty truck as they drove back to their double-wide.

You're a dude?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
My husband bought me a simple 1/2 carat solitaire for our engagement. Nothing special or overly fancy. It's simple and classic.

But I got fat so it doesn't fit right anymore...now it sits in my jewelry box awaiting my slimdown.

In the meantime, my best friend got married and takes every opportunity possible to show off her monstrous 2 carat emerald cut diamond ring. So I decided to step up to her challenge and ordered a 3 carat CZ ring with matching wedding band (also lined in fake stones) off of eBay for $20. I told her it was real. She was so jealous that she cried.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Club'nBabySeals said:
My husband bought me a simple 1/2 carat solitaire for our engagement. Nothing special or overly fancy. It's simple and classic.

But I got fat so it doesn't fit right anymore...now it sits in my jewelry box awaiting my slimdown.

In the meantime, my best friend got married and takes every opportunity possible to show off her monstrous 2 carat emerald cut diamond ring. So I decided to step up to her challenge and ordered a 3 carat CZ ring with matching wedding band (also lined in fake stones) off of eBay for $20. I told her it was real. She was so jealous that she cried.

Good for you :lmao: :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Club'nBabySeals said:
I decided to step up to her challenge and ordered a 3 carat CZ ring with matching wedding band (also lined in fake stones) off of eBay for $20. I told her it was real. She was so jealous that she cried.
:killingme

Gee I guess 2k is OK if you like small rings :lol:

SoMDGirl42

I love the women with the 3 carat CZ rings that you know for a fact are fake, and they do their damnest to convince you that it's real. :killingme

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Hubby bought me a 1 ct for starters and a year later upgraded to a 2 ct. Its ok though, because he will probably never have to buy me another piece of jewerly as long as he lives. I dont wear anything but wedding rings and my moms mothers ring. No necklaces, earrings, bracelets, ect. People tell hubby hes very lucky in that aspect.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have a modest sized solitaire that I absolutely adore. I'd feel very strange with a big ole rock on my finger, and would always be afraid I'd lose it.

PJumper

Cowgirl said:
:roflmao: Are there really women out there that are THAT materialistic? :lol:

Hell yeah! My newlywed niece took us to dinner one time in a buffett restaurant and when she was paying, the girl behind the counter noticed her 2 carat ring. Immediately she asked " Does he have a brother?"

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Men grow cold as girls grow old
And we all lose our charms in the end
But square-cut or pear-shaped
These rocks don't lose their shape
Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Attachments

• MM.gif
    MM.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 202