"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

Qurious

Im On 1.
Toxick said:
Normally I don't mind your questions, and I often enjoy the conversations you start.

Having said that, I cannot emphasize enough that I believe the above statement is, without a doubt, one of the most shallow and materialistic statements that I've ever heard in my entire life.

And I'm not even close to being sarcastic.

I know brutal truth can hurt some men, especially when those who put the ring on layaway.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Qurious said:
I know brutal truth can hurt some men, especially when those who put the ring on layaway.

I am sick of it. Men are expected to go out and buy a freaking big ass ring to prove their love and devotion? What is it that the woman is supposed to go out and buy for the man to show hers?

Being focused on your possessions will stop you from seeing anything else.

It is sad that Prissy, obnoxious, loud, vehement, unfeminine, rebellious, materialistic women make a bad impression for the rest of us.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
So I'm just wondering:

My first marriage I didn't get an engagement ring, didn't need one. He couldn't afford it. Didn't stop me from loving or marrying him.

What does that make me?

MMDad

Lem Putt
sanchezf said:
So I'm just wondering:

My first marriage I didn't get an engagement ring, didn't need one. He couldn't afford it. Didn't stop me from loving or marrying him.

What does that make me?
:shrug: Divorced?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sanchezf said:
So I'm just wondering:

What does that make me?
Divorced? :lmao:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
sanchezf said:
So I'm just wondering:

What does that make me?

what do you think it makes you? Do you still love him? Why did you get divorced?

My sister, who is married and has been for 15 years, her husband at the time could not afford a big ring. He got her something that meant something to them both.

He now brings in over 150k a year and she about the same and never once did she ever think to replace her little ring for anything bigger...

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Nicole_in_somd said:
what do you think it makes you? Do you still love him? Why did you get divorced?

My sister, who is married and has been for 15 years, her husband at the time could not afford a big ring. He got her something that meant something to them both.

He now brings in over 150k a year and she about the same and never once did she ever think to replace her little ring for anything bigger...

No I do not love him anymore, I divorced him because he cheated.

However standing here today I do not think I would change my stance on needing a ring.

Funny my mom had a very small ring my dad gave her, and then at 25 years of marriage when they had the money he bought her a huge ring (what I call her bubble gum ring), she asked me when she passes which ring I would like to have and the other would go to my sister, I opted for the smaller one because of the meaning behind it...

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I also believe in only one ring, that is the one he choose for you that is the one you should always keep..

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
sanchezf said:
No I do not love him anymore, I divorced him because he cheated.

However standing here today I do not think I would change my stance on needing a ring.

Funny my mom had a very small ring my dad gave her, and then at 25 years of marriage when they had the money he bought her a huge ring (what I call her bubble gum ring), she asked me when she passes which ring I would like to have and the other would go to my sister, I opted for the smaller one because of the meaning behind it...

I am sorry to hear that. and I agree with you. Big does not mean better...okay in some cases but not this one....

I would love to have the thought of someone loving me enough to pick a ring because it meant something....not because the price tag was big or hoping the size of the ring would say it for him...

I am old fashioned when it comes to these things...all I want is someone that I can laugh with and have fun with. That loves family values and is faithful...

I hate the clubbing scene, I hate the keeping up with the neighbors scene and I hate the one sided relationships...it takes 50/50

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I almost got BG a ring the other day..

But i kept getting those stupid temporary tatoos

and then I ran out of quarters..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
"My Ring is Bigger... 08-22-2007 02:40 PM you really should get the girl a ring. she deserves it and she's awesome. you're a very lucky guy.

I agree on all counts..

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
itsbob said:
I almost got BG a ring the other day..

But i kept getting those stupid temporary tatoos

and then I ran out of quarters..

Box of cracker jacks? That way if you don't get the ring at least you got a snack :shrug:

Redskinsmama

Nicole_in_somd said:
I am sick of it. Men are expected to go out and buy a freaking big ass ring to prove their love and devotion? What is it that the woman is supposed to go out and buy for the man to show hers?

Being focused on your possessions will stop you from seeing anything else.

It is sad that Prissy, obnoxious, loud, vehement, unfeminine, rebellious, materialistic women make a bad impression for the rest of us.

don't need a big ring to prove love and affection. I want a big ring b/c it is my taste.

Prissy, loud, obnoxious, vehement, rebellious and unfeminine? Did someone buy you a book of adjectives and you wanted to get some use out of it? I see where you're coming with materialistic if that's how you feel, but the others...way out in left field.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Nicole_in_somd said:

Would I be prissy and obnoxious if I pointed out that your statement about prissy and obnoxious women is, in and of itself, prissy and obnoxious? :confused: