"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

W

wkndbeacher

"My Ring is Bigger... 08-15-2007 03:41 PM Douche

Thanks to my Karma giver..Im wondering why everyone else puts their name behind Karma however this "Douche" decided not to. I hope it isnt because we were having fun in the room, if so sorry(but wont change)

ylexot

Super Genius
Qurious said:
mmmmmm...nice post.

I'll agree to disagree.
So, you think that everyone has the same goals, desires, dreams in life? Nobody is unique?

Reminds me of that quote from "Life of Brian":
Brian: You're all different!
Crowd (in unison): We're all different.
Lone person: I'M NOT!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Gwydion said:
In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magician appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. He is the brother of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the nephew of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion he is called the son of the goddess Dôn, making it likely he is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Poetry'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwydion

/sigh next time look into something before attempting to reply.
All i get out of this is that you hold rapist's in high regard.. high enough to chose one's name for your "handle"

Geek

itsbob said:
All i get out of this is that you hold rapist's in high regard.. high enough to chose one's name for your "handle"

You like my cartoon better than the girly penguin :dance:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Qurious said:
lets stop with the Miss America answers already :rolleyes:

EVERY WOMAN WANTS A RING THAT WILL WOW PEOPLE.
You keep on making me happy that I married the right woman, and not some filthy skank like you. :yay:

TheKing

migtig said:
:busted:

Do you know they had a special on pbs Mon night on ELVIS? I came this close () to texting everybody to watch. Then last night Rachel Ray was in Memphis and she saw ELVIS. And Frankie & Johnny was on! Of course this is all leading up to tomorrow which is the anniversary of ELVIS' death. :bawl: I won't be online tomorrow. I've taken the day off. :drama:
Thank ya. Thank ya vury much.

Toxick

Splat
Qurious said:
the price tag on the ring shows how much he loves you.

Normally I don't mind your questions, and I often enjoy the conversations you start.

Having said that, I cannot emphasize enough that I believe the above statement is, without a doubt, one of the most shallow and materialistic statements that I've ever heard in my entire life.

And I'm not even close to being sarcastic.

Toxick

Splat
Qurious said:
I would not suddenly fall out of love (the heart doesn't work that way) but I would DEFINETLY question the relationship and put it on hold.

most definetly.

Correction:

THIS is the most shallow and materialistic thing I've ever read.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
CRoyal said:
What is it with some women and the size of the engagement ring? I was out last weekend @ a local bar and all the attention was on this woman and her new monstrosity of a ring. She said that since he got her such a large stone now, he doesn’t have to ‘upgrade’ her later. Sick... Not to mention they haven’t even been dating a year. It gets better.
At this gathering was another woman is also recently engaged. This woman tore her fiancé a new ####### because HER ring was not as big as the other woman’s. I mean, out in public telling him what an awful person he was because her ring is 'too small'. In front of everyone. She WALKED home from the place in tears, leaving the fiancé sitting there feeling like absolute crap. I think he should have taken the ring back right then and there. Clearly that didn’t happen. I detest materialist people
What the hell is going on? Why is this huge burden put on the man to get some amazing piece of jewelry that is already overpriced? Just so they can prove who has more money to WASTE? Freaking put a down payment on a house, not blow so much money on a ring. Why can’t women stfu and be glad they have a man willing to put up with their shallow values? Anyone else see this happening??

Not ALL women are like that. I would rather have some I love and that loves me before worrying about how big the ring is....

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Toxick said:
Normally I don't mind your questions, and I often enjoy the conversations you start.

Having said that, I cannot emphasize enough that I believe the above statement is, without a doubt, one of the most shallow and materialistic statements that I've ever heard in my entire life.

And I'm not even close to being sarcastic.

Qurious is about as smart as a bag of rocks...trying to reason with her is like talking to a wall......

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
My thoughts are: big enough to show he's not a cheapskate, small enough to show he's not compensating for something.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
migtig said:
:busted:

Do you know they had a special on pbs Mon night on ELVIS? I came this close () to texting everybody to watch. Then last night Rachel Ray was in Memphis and she saw ELVIS. And Frankie & Johnny was on! Of course this is all leading up to tomorrow which is the anniversary of ELVIS' death. :bawl: I won't be online tomorrow. I've taken the day off. :drama:

Hunk-a hunk-a burnin' love :drool::hot::drool:

Attachments

• Elvis_DocPele3StillsRetna_400.jpg
    Elvis_DocPele3StillsRetna_400.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 70
  • elvis-leather-head.jpg
    elvis-leather-head.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 63
  • elvis-presley-leather2.jpg
    elvis-presley-leather2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 73

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I have a cousin who was born the day Elvis died. That's all her poor mother heard about the entire time in the hospital.