NASCAR Diversity

SmallTown

Football season!
J.South said:
So how's the whole racist thing working for you...
Don't be such a tard. You only have like 20 some posts. You're not allowed to be a tard on here until you get at least 200

K

Kain99

J.South said:
So how's the whole racist thing working for you...
Oh Knock it off! Not every white man on the planet is a racist! Some are simply realists. :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Jameo said:
:lmao: Sunday's Tampax 500 with Jeff Gordon driving the #24 Strawberry douche. How did you get tickets? I pulled some strings! :lmao: :killingme Or was that Larry the Cable guy :confused: Anyways, TFF!! :killingme

:killingme that skit cracked me up! "... But the Hardees Burger King Taco Bell McDonalds Chevrolet ran just great today!" :roflmao: It's so true!

People who only see Nascar for the presumed "racism" don't have the ability to see the humor that abounds from the sport to be able to appreciate just how damn funny it is. :duh: Heck, the rednecks there make fun of themselves! :lol:

crabcake

Kain99 said:
Oh Knock it off! Not every white man on the planet is a racist! Some are simply realists. :lol:

Well, now ... if you subscribe to the Revs. Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton method of thinking, we are! :cheesy:

If I get my "Reverend" status accomplished online and preach that Jackson and Sharpton are keeping the white man down, will that make it true, too? :cheesy:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
NASCAR used to be nothing but the “good ol’ boys” and in many minds sheets would be an appropriate clothing item, then there was Wendell Scott who broke the race barrier in the 60s. If I am not mistaken there are several African-Americans racers, two names that pop to mind are Marty Buckles and Bill Lester. While they might not be NEXTEL Cup guys they are out there in the other divisions of the sport, not to mention that women are getting into the act more in both racing and as spectators. I would say that diversity is gradually catching up with NASCAR.

J.South

Let's get drunk
Wait a minute, I let the whole spinners comment go didnt I. I am all for the best man wins. What adrenline junkie wouldn't jump at the chance to drive a car 200 mph.

crabcake

Ken King said:
NASCAR used to be nothing but the “good ol’ boys”

very little in history didn't originate with "good ol' boys" ... and I'm not speaking just 'inside' our borders. Men controlled everything at one point ... women have since gotten a spot in society, as have other races who were previously denied.

The only thing stopping more women and black folks from participating/attending/racing is THEMSELVES and/or their attitudes -- PERIOD!

In my opinion, MotoCross is the motorcycle version of Nascar, with the 125 class = Busch Series and 250 = Nextel Cup. It is traditionally a southern sport, watched by mostly the same people who watch Nascar. Who is the current 125 class Champ? Who has DOMINATED the 125 class for the last 2 season (atleast)? James "Bubba" Smith.

Attachments

• James_Bubba_Stewart.bmp
    95.2 KB · Views: 131

J.South

Let's get drunk
huntr1 said:
In my opinion, MotoCross is the motorcycle version of Nascar, with the 125 class = Busch Series and 250 = Nextel Cup. It is traditionally a southern sport, watched by mostly the same people who watch Nascar. Who is the current 125 class Champ? Who has DOMINATED the 125 class for the last 2 season (atleast)? James "Bubba" Smith.

The tigger woods of motocross...That kid is insane on a bike

crabcake

huntr1 said:
Who has DOMINATED the 125 class for the last 2 season (atleast)? James "Bubba" Smith.

OMG! :shocking: They let a black kid ride a dirt bike? :shocking: And he's winning? :shocking: Say it ain't so! :shocking:

:duh:

Thank you, Huntr! :clap:

Cletus_Vandam

I have my own opions on racism and discrimination; as everyone else seems to have their's.

However, I think there are things out there that unknowing feeds racism. They are the beauty pageants, TV award ceremonies, college funding, etc. that all cater to a specific race- be they black, latino, or whatever.

Not that it would be right, but what would happen if we had the W.A.S.P. Beauty Pageant?

Everyone wants to be treated the same and put an end to racism, but it always seems to be the people crying racism and discrimation are the same ones supporting the above race-specific events.

Explaination, please. :confused:

J.South

Let's get drunk
Cletus_Vandam said:
I have my own opions on racism and discrimination; as everyone else seems to have their's.

However, I think there are things out there that unknowing feeds racism. They are the beauty pageants, TV award ceremonies, college funding, etc. that all cater to a specific race- be they black, latino, or whatever.

Not that it would be right, but what would happen if we had the W.A.S.P. Beauty Pageant?

Everyone wants to be treated the same and put an end to racism, but it always seems to be the people crying racism and discrimation are the same ones supporting the above race-specific events.

Minorities feel excluded from the afforementioned, TV awards, etc, etc,

crabcake

Cletus_Vandam said:

I wish I could help ya out, but I agree 100% with you. :shrug: And I'd like to know the answers myself. Groups promote quotas in an effort (they say) to equal out the workforce ... but that's a form of discrimination in and of itself. :shrug: To say one MUST hire X number of a particular race IS discriminatory.

A few weeks back, some chic in my office (which is comprised of 100% women, btw) was commenting on this "FEW" conference she attended (I think it stands for "Federally Employed Women". I asked her when and where the FEM conference for men was. She replied "Men don't need a special conference because they already have all the jobs." To which I replied, "But that's discrimination! Maybe the man was the most qualified for the job. I thought we were trying to be equal here. To not offer a comparable conference is unfair and unequal and discriminatory."

She just so happens to be our organizatins "equal employment opportunity" person as well. :rolleyes:

K

Kain99

Cletus_Vandam said:

Praytell..... Are You saying that it is in fact the black man keeping the blackman down?

That the need for special treatment and excuses will in fact forever seal their fate?

Are you saying, that they are placing themselves in bondage? Segregating themselves from the world and destroying their chances?

Relying on the system to pick up the slack? Railing against the machine that feeds them?

Why this.... Is a very interesting and insightful concept. You do however run the risk of being called a racist. :lol:

crabcake

J.South said:
Minorities feel excluded from the afforementioned, TV awards, etc, etc,

I "feel" that's because minorities are looking for a reason to feel "excluded" vs actually BEING excluded.

Show me ONE sign that states minorities aren't welcome ANYWHERE in Nascar.

"Feeling" something and having something actually "Be" are two completely different things.

J.South

Let's get drunk
SmallTown said:
I don't know why anyone but whities would want to be in NASCAR. Thats like having Tiger Woods join the KKK.

Whites use to have five sports. Ice Hockey, Basketball, Football, Golf, NASCAR.

Now, they only have two. Hockey and NASCAR. I say let it be.

I am not certain but I think this guy is......white.