NASCAR Diversity

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I guess someone read our thread....Maybe the police read it or maybe they know how those Talledega fans can be...."The National Association for Minority Race Fans canceled a protest planned for Sunday's EA Sports 500 NASCAR race after track officials and police expressed concerns about security." See how they got when Jeffy won the race under caution, imagine how they would react to a protest.....They can still have it though.."The group had been told it could protest in a field about a quarter of a mile from the track's main entrance" Read the rest of the story here

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I saw that :bs: too. The story on Nascar said something about them doing it to "make attending races safer for minorities." :wtf: I've been to 6 races now and have NEVER seen a situation that was unsafe, demoralizing, degrading, discriminatory, whatever toward any minority group. Sure, there are rebel flags flying all over the place, but that's b/c the sport began in the south, where the flag originates from. If a flag flying offends someone, then they need to buy one of those bubbles they can live in for the rest of their lives. Or, I'll file lawsuits because I'm offended by ghetto-speak. :duh:

effin' liberals ... :banghead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not reading this whole NASCAR tread to see if anyone else has pointed this out but...

Black people don't snow ski, either. For real. Whenever I go to the slopes, there may be one or two black people but they're definitely not represented in their 15%. I think some sports are cultural and, while black people tend to be better physical specimens than white people, they're just not interested in NASCAR and freezing their butts off on a ski slope.

:shrug:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
I've been a swimmer since I was five and you don't see many black swimmers either.
(I'm still laughing about making Nascar "gay-friendly" though.) :killingme
Maybe they'd have better uniforms!:lmao:

vraiblonde said:
I'm not reading this whole NASCAR tread to see if anyone else has pointed this out but...

Black people don't snow ski, either. For real. Whenever I go to the slopes, there may be one or two black people but they're definitely not represented in their 15%. I think some sports are cultural and, while black people tend to be better physical specimens than white people, they're just not interested in NASCAR and freezing their butts off on a ski slope.

:shrug:

crabcake

pvineswinger said:
(I'm still laughing about making Nascar "gay-friendly" though.) :killingme Maybe they'd have better uniforms!:lmao:

Nascar IS gay-friendly! Look at Jeff Gordon's rainbow colored cars and uniforms. :shrug: Sheesh! Not EVERY driver is gonna be weak-wristed. :ohwell:

:razz: j/k

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Agreed that the corporate side of the sport is "gay-friendly" but what about the fans? :confused:
Would Liberace (rhetorical) feel comfortable sitting in the Grandstands of Richmond under the lights in his Rhinestone pantsuit? :diva:
Jeffie would complain about the glare (from the bejeweled get-up), and Jimbo would agree, it would be a big fiasco...
(But maybe not as big as knocking the Powerade bottles over. :nono:)

crabcake said:
Nascar IS gay-friendly! Look at Jeff Gordon's rainbow colored cars and uniforms. :shrug: Sheesh! Not EVERY driver is gonna be weak-wristed. :ohwell:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
pvineswinger said:
Agreed that the corporate side of the sport is "gay-friendly" but what about the fans? :confused:
Would Liberace (rhetorical) feel comfortable sitting in the Grandstands of Richmond under the lights in his Rhinestone pantsuit? :diva:
Jeffie would complain about the glare (from the bejeweled get-up), and Jimbo would agree, it would be a big fiasco...
(But maybe not as big as knocking the Powerade bottles over. :nono:)
Can you imagine a sequel to "The Birdcage," with Nathan Lane and Robin Williams planning a road trip to Talledega? Nathan: "You're kidding, right? The Deep South? They hunt gay men for sport down there!"

(Before you get all riled up, that was a joke, dammit!)

When I first heard Jeff Gordon called gay, I was confused because I knew his then-wife was a hottie. Maybe that was jealousy. Recently I heard the same claim about Jeff Garcia, the Cleveland Browns' quarterback, whose current girlfriend is a Playmate of the Year. And didn't Tom Cruise get hit with the same claim, and this guy has been with Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz?

crabcake

I don't really think Jeff Gordon is gay ... he has some feminine qualities about him, yes; but I don't think he's hittin' for the other team.

I guess the next step for Nascar in it's "Drive for Diversity" is to cordon off sections of the track areas for each group to have their own individual "feel good" space ... Gays/Lesbians, Minorities and liberals in rows 5-10 in one section; rednecks and people who don't get offended by every dang thing under the sun nor feel the need to whine about it if they are -- everywhere else. :rolleyes:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
I don't think he's "hittin' for the other team"- I think he's hittin' for his OWN team (namely J.J.)
:whip:

crabcake said:
I don't really think Jeff Gordon is gay ... he has some feminine qualities about him, yes; but I don't think he's hittin' for the other team.

I guess the next step for Nascar in it's "Drive for Diversity" is to cordon off sections of the track areas for each group to have their own individual "feel good" space ... Gays/Lesbians, Minorities and liberals in rows 5-10 in one section; rednecks and people who don't get offended by every dang thing under the sun nor feel the need to whine about it if they are -- everywhere else. :rolleyes:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
yeah- they could call it "The Rollcage." :razz:
(Starring the #38 car.)

Tonio said:
Can you imagine a sequel to "The Birdcage," with Nathan Lane and Robin Williams planning a road trip to Talledega? Nathan: "You're kidding, right? The Deep South? They hunt gay men for sport down there!"

(Before you get all riled up, that was a joke, dammit!)

When I first heard Jeff Gordon called gay, I was confused because I knew his then-wife was a hottie. Maybe that was jealousy. Recently I heard the same claim about Jeff Garcia, the Cleveland Browns' quarterback, whose current girlfriend is a Playmate of the Year. And didn't Tom Cruise get hit with the same claim, and this guy has been with Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
crabcake said:

Dear Ms. Crabcake..... :biteme: .....You keep messin wit me, I'll have a talk wit Jeffie and we'll can Yimmy.....Oh by the way, here's another fer ya.. :moon: .... :yeahthat:

crabcake

Dupontster said:
Dear Ms. Crabcake..... :biteme: .....You keep messin wit me, I'll have a talk wit Jeffie and we'll can Yimmy.....Oh by the way, here's another fer ya.. :moon: .... :yeahthat:

:duel: tell that man of yours to find a new "accessory" to accompany him to photo ops and I'm sure the ghey talk will stop. :wink:

K

Kain99

crabcake said:
:duel: tell that man of yours to find a new "accessory" to accompany him to photo ops and I'm sure the ghey talk will stop. :wink:
CC I wasn't refering to Gordon in my ghey post... I'm talking about the "REAL Gay guy" Ya know one of the brothers..... Labonte? Something like that. The guy who does the oil commercial. Ya know, the ###.

crabcake

Kain99 said:
CC I wasn't refering to Gordon in my ghey post... I'm talking about the "REAL Gay guy" Ya know one of the brothers..... Labonte? Something like that. The guy who does the oil commercial. Ya know, the ###.

Labonte? :shocking: Ghey? :shocking: Terry or Bobby? Either one, I just can't see THAT! :ohwell:

Bobby is one salt & pepper-haired sexy guy, IMO. :blushing:

K

Kain99

crabcake said:
Labonte? :shocking: Ghey? :shocking: Terry or Bobby? Either one, I just can't see THAT! :ohwell:

Bobby is one salt & pepper-haired sexy guy, IMO. :blushing:
You know exactly who I am talking about! Good Cover though. :twitch:

crabcake

Kain99 said:
I'll ask princess as soon as she gets home.... We laugh our azzes off at him everytime we see him! :killingme

Can ya do a run-through of these guys and lemme know? :confused: It's driving me nuts now, and you know I am severely lacking in the patience department. :biggrin:

K

Kain99

The A-Z Driver page index doesn't show pics...... I know I asked you about this guy once! I thought it was he and his Father and you said nope, brothers. member?

crabcake

Kain99 said:
The A-Z Driver page index doesn't show pics...... I know I asked you about this guy once! I thought it was he and his Father and you said nope, brothers. member?

They do if ya click on 'em. :bonk:

Michael (and Darrell) Waltrip?

Rusty (and Mike and Kenny) Wallace?

Bobby (and Terry) Labonte?

:shrug: Those are the only brothers who currently drive I can think of off-hand.

I think you are talking about this guy.