NASCAR fans

Kerad

aps45819 said:
there are actually people that think there are Fords Chevys and Dodges out there on the race track. The headlight stickers are part of the illusion that the National Association of STOCK CAR racing actually races stock cares.

Driving is a skill. To maintain the level necessary to compete at the top levels requires constant pratice. Most of the NASCAR guys race in a lot of lesser series such as midgets.
J.P. Montoya moved from F1 to NASCAR this year, talk about a step down...

Yeah... a serious step down...but a step-up as far as making money in the U.S.

Didn't Montoya start in CART...as did Tony Stewart?

"Montoya" sounds familiar....

Kerad said:
The "headlights" are new-ish. The last few years.

:nono: Here's a picture of Mark Martin's 1998 Ford Taurus. Notice the 'headlights'??

Attachments

• martin06.gif
    martin06.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 50

Kerad

cattitude said:
So you are saying that, say 15 years ago, they had glass headlights?

No..I'm saying that as recently as 4 or 5 years ago...they had no headlights. Fake, or otherwise.

They added the fake headlight stickers recently.

Kerad said:
No..I'm saying that as recently as 4 or 5 years ago...they had no headlights. Fake, or otherwise.

See my post above. You're wrong. :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Kerad said:

They have always had headlights

aps45819 said:
What do you think that square is above the bumper?

Look. I'm under the impression that Kerad started this about Nascar adding what looked like headlights. Before '98, they didn't look like headlights. Only the shape was there. Is your headlight painted to match your car? No. I don't think so.

Kerad

Speedy70 said:
Dude, those aren't real cars. It looks like a computer image. :lmao:

Yeah...I know. It's from EA Sports NASCAR '97. Guess what they modeled the cars from.

Kerad

Speedy70 said:
Look. I'm under the impression that Kerad started this about Nascar adding what looked like headlights. Before '98, they didn't look like headlights. Only the shape was there. Is your headlight painted to match your car? No. I don't think so.

Yeah. I only asked becasue I don't even follow NASCAR...but I noticed that a few years ago...they just "blocked out" the headlight. Now...they put a fake headlight sticker on there.

That's it.

I just wondered why make the change...as it is obvious to everyone they are not actually headlights. So why the conscious decision to change it?

Is it so "Bubba" will look at his Ford Taurus, and think it's the same car???