National championship decided?

msqtech

Citizen
Isn't it great we finally have an undefeated team to crown national champion of the division one NCAA football?

msqtech

Citizen
No team can boast a better record.

Only one other team beat Bama if oklahoma beats fla then who can point to proof of being better than an undefeated team?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Only one other team beat Bama if oklahoma beats fla then who can point to proof of being better than an undefeated team?

Utah beat Bama for a few reasons. It was the first time all season where they were actually looked at as the favorites. They were supposed to be average all year and even going into the Auburn game, people were like "well Auburn has won 6 straight"...then in the Florida game they were still underdogs, but lost anyway. Going into the bowl game they were overhyped and assumed Utah would roll over and let them win. They are a very young team that needed to play their best and didn't come close. Additionally, they lost their entire offensive line chemistry by needing to shift and rotate. The pressure Utah got showed that much.

Utah was able to attack Bama the same way UF did. Even more, they were given additional tips after the game by their former coach...that Urban Meyer dude! Utah is Florida light this season. They wouldn't beat the Gators. Utah played a few good teams this year, but Bama was the only good team from a BCS conference they played all season.

Utah was #5 or #6 in the polls I think. OU, UF, UT, and Bama were all ahead of them. I think USC was also, so that puts Utah at #6. USC destroyed the #7 PSU team, so I don't see Utah jumping them. Sure they jump Bama, but the #1/#2 game will end up with at least one team staying up there, plus a win for Texas keeps them up top. Utah doesn't have a shot at sharing the title. Texas has a very slim chance...if they pound OSU and OU narrowly beats UF, they might be able to grab the lead in the AP. USC, who is ahead of Utah, still doesn't have a shot at a title.

The best way this could end is with UF pounding OU into submission so Texas has less to argue about and we can all just happily crown the Gators as national champions! :yahoo:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Are you rooting for Oklahoma because you think the AP might vote Texas #1 if Florida wins the BCS?

You mean they might vote Texas #1 if Oklahoma wins. Otherwise he'd want the Gators to win. Texas is only 10 points behind Oklahoma in the AP, but if OU beats UF (who is ahead by a good margin), they'd obviously become #1. OSU is only #10 in the poll. Either way, there won't be a split title this year.

You mean they might vote Texas #1 if Oklahoma wins. Otherwise he'd want the Gators to win. Texas is only 10 points behind Oklahoma in the AP, but if OU beats UF (who is ahead by a good margin), they'd obviously become #1. OSU is only #10 in the poll. Either way, there won't be a split title this year.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't think Texas has any realistic shot at a share of the title either, I was just wondering if that was what he was hoping for.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't think Texas has any realistic shot at a share of the title either, I was just wondering if that was what he was hoping for.

probably. the Texas fans are still hoping for a shared title. OSU is lookin pretty good to start things off though. But maybe they have Big 12 pride. I know the SEC (almost) always roots for their own in bowl games. Though I wouldn't flat out cheer for a team like he did up there :nono:

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

:frown: 

Last edited:

msqtech

Citizen
texas proves they arent good enough

A less than stellar game last night where Ohio proves it is able to stay with Texas eliminates them for consideration I think!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
A less than stellar game last night where Ohio proves it is able to stay with Texas eliminates them for consideration I think!!

yup...but they'll probably stay at #3. So it's UF vs OU for the title, as it should be :yay:

msqtech

Citizen
public outcry works in Utah favor!

I think Utah is rising in the polls as more is revealed about the unfairness of the process and the fact that both teams in the "championship game have lost to lesser teams"

Beta84

They're out to get us
I think Utah is rising in the polls as more is revealed about the unfairness of the process and the fact that both teams in the "championship game have lost to lesser teams"

This was a rare year where the Mountain West actually had 3 top teams. If Utah wants to whine about the "process" then they need to play MINIMUM of 3 top 25 out of conference games each year. Every season, UF plays at least 3-4 ranked teams but typically more. They played 10 bowl teams this year (Hawaii, Miami, Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina, Vandy, Kentucky, FSU, Bama, Georgia). They had 9 on the schedule if you don't want to count the SEC Championship game, plus the bowl game that actually makes it 11. That doesn't even include Tennessee and Arkansas, which are usually solid teams. And that was considered an easy schedule for UF.

Who did Utah play again? TCU and BYU? Michigan? Oregon State? Air Force? :bigwhoop:
They get what they deserve. Without a playoff, they will never deserve a chance with their schedule. Playing Weber State isn't getting them into the BCS. This was probably one of Utah's most difficult slates to date and it doesn't come close to the same stratosphere as one of UF's easier schedules in recent history.

That's why UF and OU are in the title game and teams like Utah are left out in the cold.