National championship decided?

K

ketelone

One of these days, Bowden will retire and you'll have a chance again :buddies:[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it but it is true. It is hard to imagine the Noles without him though but it will be the best thing for the team.

thurley42

HY;FR
no i was more saying that gearing your offense around 2-3 games would hurt you for the other 9-10 that you play during the season :smile:

Oh...gotcha...well it's more like 6 or 7 games...it gets cold in October...especially in Chicago and Wisconsin.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Dead issue, Utah is the national champ. :yay: Screw the rest of em for not having Utah to their little BCS party.

Otter

Nothing to see here
...there is NO D1 football champ. There is only the most popular, same as cheerleading.

I beg to differ, Mr Gude...There are 150 some D1 football teams, only 1 is undefeated, therefore, they are the champs. Can't hold it against Utah that the posers didn't want to play them or let them into their BCS party. Case closed.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I beg to differ, Mr Gude...There are 150 some D1 football teams, only 1 is undefeated, therefore, they are the champs. Can't hold it against Utah that the posers didn't want to play them or let them into their BCS party. Case closed.

...oh, I see. 150 teams. Go 11-0 or 12-0 or so. You're champ. Got it. Does this mean that anyone who beat Weber State is good?

Otter

Nothing to see here
...oh, I see. 150 teams. Go 11-0 or 12-0 or so. You're champ. Got it. Does this mean that anyone who beat Weber State is good?

Sure...Utah can't help it if the money grabbers don't want to play them. Hey, the bone that got tossed to them was to play a team that was ranked #1 in November when they were undefeated, they crushed them. Utah is still undefeated, they are #1. Easy peasy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Sure...Utah can't help it if the money grabbers don't want to play them. Hey, the bone that got tossed to them was to play a team that was ranked #1 in November when they were undefeated, they crushed them. Utah is still undefeated, they are #1. Easy peasy.

...all I can do is guess what Mississipi State or Florida would do to them.

Otter

Nothing to see here

And there it is...a guess...no one can say because they got no credit all year..but did they step to the plate when they played a supposedly 'elite' team? Yes, they did and they rolled. All of em can line up BEHIND Utah now. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And there it is...a guess...no one can say because they got no credit all year..but did they step to the plate when they played a supposedly 'elite' team? Yes, they did and they rolled. All of em can line up BEHIND Utah now. :lol:

...so, by the same logic, we can only guess what the Lions would have done to the Steelers, had they only played them.

Beta84

They're out to get us
:rolleyes: So basically what you're saying is if UF wants more national championships, we should move to the "mighty" conference that is the Mountain West? :killingme :killingme :killingme

Exactly! Actually, Weber State could probably take some of those Mountain West teams :lmao:

Utah would crush Mississippi State. However, UF not only knows the Utah system, but their coaching staff is the one who installed it! On top of that, Urban Meyer told Utah exactly what they needed to know about Alabama since he's still very close with his former defensive coordinator. Regardless, UF beat Utah at least 9 times out of 10. So would Oklahoma. At least OU had a common opponent with Utah...TCU. TCU manhandled Utah, but somehow Utah pulled it out. Meanwhile, OU destroyed TCU.

Utah doesn't try to schedule a slew of top teams. They aim for about 2 decent teams each season. They had bad luck that Meat-chicken sucked this year.

Mama_Mia08

Utah beat Bama for a few reasons. It was the first time all season where they were actually looked at as the favorites. They were supposed to be average all year and even going into the Auburn game, people were like "well Auburn has won 6 straight"...then in the Florida game they were still underdogs, but lost anyway. Going into the bowl game they were overhyped and assumed Utah would roll over and let them win. They are a very young team that needed to play their best and didn't come close. Additionally, they lost their entire offensive line chemistry by needing to shift and rotate. The pressure Utah got showed that much.

Utah was able to attack Bama the same way UF did. Even more, they were given additional tips after the game by their former coach...that Urban Meyer dude! Utah is Florida light this season. They wouldn't beat the Gators. Utah played a few good teams this year, but Bama was the only good team from a BCS conference they played all season.

Utah was #5 or #6 in the polls I think. OU, UF, UT, and Bama were all ahead of them. I think USC was also, so that puts Utah at #6. USC destroyed the #7 PSU team, so I don't see Utah jumping them. Sure they jump Bama, but the #1/#2 game will end up with at least one team staying up there, plus a win for Texas keeps them up top. Utah doesn't have a shot at sharing the title. Texas has a very slim chance...if they pound OSU and OU narrowly beats UF, they might be able to grab the lead in the AP. USC, who is ahead of Utah, still doesn't have a shot at a title.

The best way this could end is with UF pounding OU into submission so Texas has less to argue about and we can all just happily crown the Gators as national champions! :yahoo:
Salt to my wound! We are a PSU family and I am still mourning. I am very glad Utah rose to the occasion. The BCS is a joke and it is about time that an "under dog" (NMO) team like Utah showed them what NCAA football is about. I really thought that PS would take USC, since USC really isn't the better team. Maybe in their division, but not side by side. I cannot believe my boys in blue made the mistakes they did in the first half. I actually had to stop watching after the 3rd quarter, because I was so disappointed. It was Iowa all over again x100! I hope Joe Pa gave them a good swift kick in the a$%!

NEXT YEAR!!!!!! (sigh)

Beta84

They're out to get us
Salt to my wound! We are a PSU family and I am still mourning. I am very glad Utah rose to the occasion. The BCS is a joke and it is about time that an "under dog" (NMO) team like Utah showed them what NCAA football is about. I really thought that PS would take USC, since USC really isn't the better team. Maybe in their division, but not side by side. I cannot believe my boys in blue made the mistakes they did in the first half. I actually had to stop watching after the 3rd quarter, because I was so disappointed. It was Iowa all over again x100! I hope Joe Pa gave them a good swift kick in the a$%!

NEXT YEAR!!!!!! (sigh)

i thought PSU would win. I was very disappointed too :frown:

thurley42

HY;FR

NEXT YEAR!!!!!! (sigh)

Wow......USC is a way better team than PSU and this is coming from a true blue Big Ten guy.....I was rooting hard for them, but the only thing they had going for them was that they always prepare well for bowl games...

PS...unless you are rooting for OSU there won't be a next year...