Need the women perspective

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Roberta said:
Thats what I would enjoy. Doing it alone sounds boring. :yeahthat:

The men need to go in cahoots with their friends to please all their wimmins. :yay:

I still remember the day when I went with my friend. And now the place is gone due to the tornado that ripped out a good portion of LaPlata. :ohwell:

witchiepooh 364

bcp said:
My wife is hard to buy gifts for.
her life consists of working, and taking care of things around the house.
She does like to read, and she does like to watch movies.

I was thinking about a trip to a day spa or something, but thats like a one time shot and then the gift is gone.

I would like to keep it below 500.00 (I know, Im cheap)

any ideas that dont involve the hiring of male strippers and such?

gift certificates are great ....get her one from bay books....and maybe a blockbuster card.....and also a gift card for starbucks so she can go and relax and have her favorite drink and read ........or even a portable dvd player they are great.......she is probably someone that does not want a bunch of money spent on her....simple things would mean the most....or if you have small children maybe one night a week that is her night to read or watch a movie with no interruption...other than maybe to make her some popcorn and get her a soda....order out so it is really her night....and if there is something small she keeps saying she would like for christmas...like a certain smelling candle or something ...get it she is not kidding.....sometimes people think they have to spend a lot of money instead of really listening to what the person wants................

J

Joanna

gift idea

What about a nice collector's version of her favorite novel and a subscription to Netflix?

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
BS Gal said:
After this post, I vote we all get together and get married to Aps. :huggy:

I was thinking along those lines...I wish I could met someone like him. 500 dollars is more than enough for christmas as long as it came from the heart or in the very least something that you think she would like. Anyone that thinks it is only 500.00 is just nuts, putting a price on a gift is tacky.

You have to know her, if you think should would enjoy it than do it.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
vraiblonde said:
So would I. Like Wenchy, I got a spa day as a gift for Mother's Day and never used it. I should have given it to someone else but I forgot about it and it expired.

Spa days are dumb gifts.

I would say what a surprise but that is a given. If you did not like it then why not just tell them and then give it to someone else. It is one day where you can go and enjoy yourself and if someone thougt enough about you to give you something as nice as that, then why not try it out?

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
witchiepooh 364 said:
gift certificates are great ....get her one from bay books....and maybe a blockbuster card.....and also a gift card for starbucks so she can go and relax and have her favorite drink and read ........or even a portable dvd player they are great.......she is probably someone that does not want a bunch of money spent on her....simple things would mean the most....or if you have small children maybe one night a week that is her night to read or watch a movie with no interruption...other than maybe to make her some popcorn and get her a soda....order out so it is really her night....and if there is something small she keeps saying she would like for christmas...like a certain smelling candle or something ...get it she is not kidding.....sometimes people think they have to spend a lot of money instead of really listening to what the person wants................

:yay:

MargeInCharge

Wenchy said:
I still have a $100 gift certificate to a local salon here that expired eons ago. This reminded me of it and it's now in the trash.

Does your wife like being pampered? Does she go for pedicures/manicures and the like?

I personally would not like a gift like that.

My husband got me a gift certificate for a massage/mani/pedi a few years ago and I never used it. It's just not something I'd enjoy. It's for some place in Solomons, the place near the Food Lion. I can't think of the name, but I'm thinking Tan & Nail? The certificate didn't have an expiration date, so I'm guessing it's still good.

Wenchy said:
A nice weekend away or special dinner out is also something that I appreciate.

I've told my husband since that I'd MUCH rather enjoy tickets to a show or a weekend trip over any other type of gift he could give me.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Do ya'll have kids? If so, consider getting her a mother's ring or pendant (ring/pendant with the children's birthstones). If no chillens be running around, get her a nice piece of jewelry. You can't go wrong with a nice pair of diamond stud earrings. :yay:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
MargeInCharge said:
My husband got me a gift certificate for a massage/mani/pedi a few years ago and I never used it. It's just not something I'd enjoy. It's for some place in Solomons, the place near the Food Lion. I can't think of the name, but I'm thinking Tan & Nail? The certificate didn't have an expiration date, so I'm guessing it's still good.

I've told my husband since that I'd MUCH rather enjoy tickets to a show or a weekend trip over any other type of gift he could give me.

it would be nice to try it out, if you don't like it then don't go back but you will never know till you try it.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
crabcake said:
Do ya'll have kids? If so, consider getting her a mother's ring or pendant (ring/pendant with the children's birthstones). If no chillens be running around, get her a nice piece of jewelry. You can't go wrong with a nice pair of diamond stud earrings. :yay:

Thats a nice idea too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
Do ya'll have kids? If so, consider getting her a mother's ring or pendant (ring/pendant with the children's birthstones).
That's an excellent idea :yay: I never wear jewelry (not even my wedding ring) and even I would love a mother's ring.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Please note, for the record, that I, VV, will be accepting ANY and ALL UNWANTED AND UNUSED SPA, MANICURE, PEDICURE AND/OR LIKE GIFT CERTIFICATES VALID THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AND THROUGHOUT THE COMING YEAR.

TIA,

Your Pal,
VV
:yay: