Need the women perspective

mAlice

professional daydreamer
aps45819 said:
There you go thinking again.

Women don't think like we do, while the gift of a power tool would make us happy, buy her a vacume cleaner and that's the only sucking that will be going on for a while.
A trip to a day spa for girly pampering is a great idea. Just like she remembers every time you've ever screwed up, she'll remember the day a relaxation you gave her.

I think one needs to be sure that wifey would like something like that. Personally, I think day spa's are a waste of money.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
elaine said:
I think one needs to be sure that wifey would like something like that. Personally, I think day spa's are a waste of money.

SO you would rather have the lawnmower?

I knew i liked you for your practicallty

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Dougstermd said:
SO you would rather have the lawnmower?

I knew i liked you for your practicallty

No. I'd rather have the new face. However, we're talkin' 500 bucks, so...

I dunno'. :shrug: Hard to think of something I'd like for 500 bucks. Maybe a new pair of boots. A new bed cover/set. New window treatments. A new stereo system for my car...nevermind...not for 500. That's a tough one.

snuzzy

The Kennedy Center! My husband is a "Homer", but we've gone a few times, one time was to see the musical "Tommy" (years and years ago). Another time we went to see the play, "Mister Roberts" (Comedy, wartime...). The shows were unique and there's a very nice restaurant you can go to before the show. I've done the Day Spa, both are "one time shot and the gift is gone", but I still rememeber the Kennedy Center! :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
elaine said:
I'm getting a nip and tuck for christmas. :yahoo:
I might consider such a thing but, in the first place she does not need any work as such. in the second, I would never suggest that to her even if she did. and third, isnt that false advertising?
kinda like selling a car thats been wrecked and then repaired?

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
bcp said:
I might consider such a thing but, in the first place she does not need any work as such. in the second, I would never suggest that to her even if she did. and third, isnt that false advertising?

yeah but who wants to ride around in a beat up car?

plus silicone bumpers are a really cool place to crash

mAlice

professional daydreamer
bcp said:

I don't need it, either. I want it. If she's never mentioned "fixing" something, then she probably doesn't think about it. If she stands in front of the mirror and tugs and pulls, she's thinking about it.

fredsaid2

Does she like music? I love my video iPod. Besides the tunes I have a bunch of Lost episodes on it. Those are nice when you're stuck somewhere.

W

Wenchy

bcp said:
My wife is hard to buy gifts for.
her life consists of working, and taking care of things around the house.
She does like to read, and she does like to watch movies.

I was thinking about a trip to a day spa or something, but thats like a one time shot and then the gift is gone.

I would like to keep it below 500.00 (I know, Im cheap)

any ideas that dont involve the hiring of male strippers and such?

I still have a $100 gift certificate to a local salon here that expired eons ago. This reminded me of it and it's now in the trash.

Does your wife like being pampered? Does she go for pedicures/manicures and the like?

I personally would not like a gift like that.

I like money to do with as I please.

A nice weekend away or special dinner out is also something that I appreciate.

You asked. :shrug:

OH! I know! You can get her a new pan! :flowers:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
aps45819 said:

Women don't think like we do, while the gift of a power tool would make us happy, buy her a vacume cleaner and that's the only sucking that will be going on for a while.
A trip to a day spa for girly pampering is a great idea. Just like she remembers every time you've ever screwed up, she'll remember the day a relaxation you gave her.

pretty much, the day spa sounds like a great idea.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
aps45819 said:

After this post, I vote we all get together and get married to Aps. :huggy:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
bcp said:
well, I would but then she might actually want to talk or something.
I married her, isnt that enough?
I feel your pain, Brother.
My wife's birthday is Thursday, then I have to deal with Christmas.

If I ask her what she wants?
Damn, I'd be sitting around for hours.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nicole_in_somd said:
you would.
So would I. Like Wenchy, I got a spa day as a gift for Mother's Day and never used it. I should have given it to someone else but I forgot about it and it expired.

Spa days are dumb gifts.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I would absolutely love a day at the spa:frown: Although I've never been so really it's hypothetical that I would love it:biggrin: