Need the women perspective

witchiepooh 364

crabcake said:
Do ya'll have kids? If so, consider getting her a mother's ring or pendant (ring/pendant with the children's birthstones). If no chillens be running around, get her a nice piece of jewelry. You can't go wrong with a nice pair of diamond stud earrings. :yay:

oh yes you can i personally think diamonds are too plain........i like stones with color i always ask my hubby please no diamonds.....the only one that i wear and cherish is my wedding ring........

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
virgovictoria said:
Please note, for the record, that I, VV, will be accepting ANY and ALL UNWANTED AND UNUSED SPA, MANICURE, PEDICURE AND/OR LIKE GIFT CERTIFICATES VALID THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AND THROUGHOUT THE COMING YEAR.

TIA,

Your Pal,
VV
:yay:
:lmao:

nosey

A gift cert to a spa would be wonderful. It is more fun to go with a friend. But, make sure the day is hers... no having to make dinner that night, no errands to run on the way home, etc. Nothing ruins a day of relaxation more than having to play catch-up afterwards.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
bcp said:
My wife is hard to buy gifts for.
her life consists of working, and taking care of things around the house.
She does like to read, and she does like to watch movies.

I was thinking about a trip to a day spa or something, but thats like a one time shot and then the gift is gone.

I would like to keep it below 500.00 (I know, Im cheap)

any ideas that dont involve the hiring of male strippers and such?

How about one of these $499.99

http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstore/iJOY-130.htm

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
bcp said:
My wife is hard to buy gifts for.
her life consists of working, and taking care of things around the house.
She does like to read, and she does like to watch movies.

I was thinking about a trip to a day spa or something, but thats like a one time shot and then the gift is gone.

I would like to keep it below 500.00 (I know, Im cheap)

any ideas that dont involve the hiring of male strippers and such?

How about one of these $499.99

http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstore/iJOY-130.htm

K

Katie

I got my video IPOD last year and love it. I use it all the time at the gym.

This year we are going on a little vacation after Christmas, so the gifts will be small.

janey83

Twenty Something
If she likes things for the house -- maybe buy a nice kitchenaid (I would swoon, those are NICE) or take a picture (is she an artist? does she have artwork or photo prints?) and have it framed nicely, or umm...hmmm...say the bookcase she has her books are on is old and buy a nicer bookcase. Does she have a crockpot? Those are pretty amazing, buy a crockpot & throw in a few cookbooks. Are her pots & pans old and starting to look warped? Buy a new set. Are you using plastic cups that you've collected from various restaurants & sporting events? Look for a set of nice drinking glasses. Or maybe set up a nice display unit for wine glasses or to hang pots & pans from. Is your microwave taking up too much space on the counter? Look into one of those wooden carts with wheels that have room underneath for books and whatnot. Let's see, what else, I would also say that a weekend getaway is a good idea -- casually ask where she'd go if she had a free weekend, and then plan from there. Maybe she's been wanting to visit a bed & breakfast in the mountains? Anyway, hope this helps.

W

Wenchy

janey83 said:
Are you using plastic cups that you've collected from various restaurants & sporting events?

My plastic cups mean A LOT to me. I usually get a set of 6 each year. (Fishbones are my fave)

Of course none of them are from sporting events.

DoWhat said:
And where would one buy this?
Leonardtown area.
S-Kape Salon Services, Inc. 41675 Fenwick St. Leonardtown 301-475-5113.

Walk in and tell them you want to do this as a gift and they will most definately hook you up.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
S-Kape Salon Services, Inc. 41675 Fenwick St. Leonardtown 301-475-5113.

Walk in and tell them you want to do this as a gift and they will most definately hook you up.
TY.

bcp

In My Opinion
Ok then.
It seems that the womens on here think that a day at the spa would be a good idea, so I went with that. the complete day type package.

but then, I thought, hey all this money and its over in a day and gone, by the next day living around me will have warped her back into an on the edge lorena bobbit type personality..

so I started thinking some more, and thats when my daughter suggested satilite radio for her car because she spends over two hours a day on her commute and she hates the commercials.

so I also got the Sirius Sportster type thingy for her car, and also the stereo thing that that you put it in when you get to your office or in the house so you can listen to it inside also.

I was thinking about getting the tickets for our Puerto Rico trip in June and including that, but I have to wait until January to make those arrangements because I actually met the pilot that flies that route when my company did some work on his house. He will know in January the flight number that I need to get to make sure he is flying.

So, I added some extras for him, and in return I buy the economy tickets on his flight and as soon as we take off I get the pilots upgrade to first class including a trip to the ####pit for the daughter. (I tried to get him to agree to letting me land the plane, but he felt that might be pushing it just a bit)

any more ideas for some smallish type stuff not clothing related that any of you women would really appreciate and find useful?
I hate getting things for her and then she never uses it. I know she will use the radio every day so hopefully that will be a good one.

the spa? personally I still think its a waste of money but I admit my ignorance on this one and just decided to go with y'alls suggestions on it.

thanks for the ideas.

bcp

In My Opinion
MargeInCharge said:
That was funny :killingme

I think your Sirius idea is a great one. That's something she can use every day, and I'm sure she'll appreciate that :yay:
I just noticed the censorship on that word.. That is funny.
Might have to rethink sending her up that way if thats whats going on behind that door,,, matter of fact, I might have to rethink flying at all. I would prefer the pilot be concentrating on the actual flying of the plane.. save that other stuff for the hotel room once he lands without killing me.