Negros and menthol cigarettes

WingsOfGold

The centers for disease control looked into this. They are an independent entity paid for by the taxpayers.
So is Dementia Joe........ along with our enemies as well. He and the crackhead owe allegiance to those that pay more.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tobacco companies routinely targeted BIPOC communities with aggressive advertising

So you're saying that black people are so stupid they do what the TV tells them even if it kills them?

That is pretty racist there, Cletus.

22AcaciaAve

I love when people get all upset because a companies targeted a specific group with aggressive advertising! Hello, that is the purpose of advertising. Do you ever see tampon commercials on NASCAR events? Or tool commercials on the Lifetime channel?

Sure blacks were targeted by menthol cigarette advertising. Research showed that black smokers were highly likely to be menthol smokers. White smokers were split. Targeting blacks was targeting the higher percentage of the smoking population on that product. Virginia Slims advertising was aimed specifically at women. Men were NOT Virginia Slims smokers.

When I watch Paw Patrol on the Nick channel with my 2 year old granddaughter, guess what commercials I see? A heavy dose of toy commercials. Because the kids will see the commercial and want the parents to buy the toys. Targeting kids with toy commercials. Who knew?

It's called advertising!

Hijinx

Wake up black people they are attacking YOU.

Is it anyone business what kind of cigarette you smoke.

WingsOfGold

Again, IDC I am happy however they are such shiit shots. 90 shot in Chicago, 2 died. Enhances innocent peoples lives......... now that Goetz guy, he shoulda used a FoTy.

Kinnakeet

No secrets, coloreds love menthol. Shame on me, started out with Belair I think circa 1970 ish. Back then coloreds loved Kool, I guess it was kool. I never understood why they opened them from bottom of the pack, that too must have been kool. Stupid chucks never picked up on that but the trash whites like their pants down past their knees, smart ones realize it's easier to run from the poleeeeice maybe, IDK.
Doesn't affect me, don't know, don't care.
😒
The open them from the bottom so if you bum one your fingers dont touch the filters of the other ones

Kinnakeet

Way back when I started smoking, HS, it was Marlboro Red. I switched to Camels for a short then back to the Reds. If I bummed a smoke from a woman it was usually Salems or some other menthol.

Quit for 20 years, had a stressful period in my 50s where I started up again, smoking was the better stress releiving option, and flipped between marlboro Reds and Smooths (Menthol) and back again. They were a little less harsh than I remember Kools or Salems being, but not pleasant in any way.

Never smoked a Newport but always heard they were really strong.
You switch to Camels because of the grease man....LOL

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Again, IDC I am happy however they are such shiit shots. 90 shot in Chicago, 2 died. Enhances innocent peoples lives......... now that Goetz guy, he shoulda used a FoTy.
So would the body count go up if the had to take a handgun qualification test.

Bare-ya-cuda

I love when people get all upset because a companies targeted a specific group with aggressive advertising! Hello, that is the purpose of advertising. Do you ever see tampon commercials on NASCAR events? Or tool commercials on the Lifetime channel?

Sure blacks were targeted by menthol cigarette advertising. Research showed that black smokers were highly likely to be menthol smokers. White smokers were split. Targeting blacks was targeting the higher percentage of the smoking population on that product. Virginia Slims advertising was aimed specifically at women. Men were NOT Virginia Slims smokers.

When I watch Paw Patrol on the Nick channel with my 2 year old granddaughter, guess what commercials I see? A heavy dose of toy commercials. Because the kids will see the commercial and want the parents to buy the toys. Targeting kids with toy commercials. Who knew?

It's called advertising!
Refresh my memory… don’t black people in the cities get their cigarettes out of the back of a truck in an alley? Then sell them individually on the street?