Neighbors Vs. Pitbull

thatguy

He (and the pugs) have a dog door. I know they do bark at the other neighbor's yorkies sometimes.... but dogs will be dogs. And, at least at this point, the complaint that the ACO left didn't have the "excessive barking" box checked.

Thanks for the input!

if you have a dog door that you leave open while you are gone, how do you know that you dog hasn't ben a major problem when you aren't around?

One of my old neighbors had a bunch of dogs that were fenced in, they would routinely jump the fence, chase cyclists, chidlren and pedestrians down th street and then jumo back in their yard. I almost got into a fist fight with the owner because he wouldnt beleive his dogs would do it. after animal control caught one of his pits running loose the guy chained them in his fenced yard......

just saying, if your dog can be out when you are gone, you dont really know what is happening

I think the only thing you can do is wait and see what AC says about the complaint. Then take it from there. If your dog hasn't been a nuisance, you should be fine. And, by all means, show them the e-mail.

TurboK9

My opinion is VERY educated. Do some searches on here. It's a killer breed and I wouldn't buy a house next to one.
You even admit you don't know if it's attacked or not.

Famous last words: "He wouldn't harm a fly."

Yes. Very dangerous to leave a child alone with ANY animal, and I pretty much guaran-dam-tee you each of these poor little ones where left untended with the animal in question.

Famous last words: "I'm just leaving Johnny alone with the (dog, cat, pool, plastic bag) to (pick your activity) for a minute..."

Drama queen. :roflmao:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yes. Very dangerous to leave a child alone with ANY animal, and I pretty much guaran-dam-tee you each of these poor little ones where left untended with the animal in question.

Famous last words: "I'm just leaving Johnny alone with the (dog, cat, pool, plastic bag) to (pick your activity) for a minute..."

Drama queen. :roflmao:
No they weren't. There is a story for each pic. Like I said, I am VERY educated about this.

TurboK9

No they weren't. There is a story for each pic. Like I said, I am VERY educated about this.

According to who? The parents? Who of course would never readily admit to such? After all, they are thuggish PitBull owners. Sort of like the logging jackass whose wife left their little girl alone in the backyard, and had no idea their dogs were loose and upon her until too late... But I digress, in a nation that houses millions of these dogs, sure, sh*t goes wrong.

What do you drive Baja?

Shall I post pics of all the mangled kids left behind by your make and model of car? Or drowned in pools? Etc?

Priorities.

3-6 people a year are killed by "Pit Bulls" in this country. Anyone care to tell us how many are killed by Honey Bees? Or drown in bath tubs? Or choke to death on bread? Do you hate those things too?

Drama queen.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
According to who? The parents? Who of course would never readily admit to such? After all, they are thuggish PitBull owners. Sort of like the logging jackass whose wife left their little girl alone in the backyard, and had no idea their dogs were loose and upon her until too late... But I digress, in a nation that houses millions of these dogs, sure, sh*t goes wrong.

What do you drive Baja?

Shall I post pics of all the mangled kids left behind by your make and model of car? Or drowned in pools? Etc?

Priorities.

3-6 people a year are killed by "Pit Bulls" in this country. Anyone care to tell us how many are killed by Honey Bees? Or drown in bath tubs? Or choke to death on bread? Do you hate those things too?

Drama queen.
Making up statistics to defend your killer breed Turbo? Yes you are. Try again. 2009 U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Statistics - DogsBite.org - DogsBite.org You can't win this debate with me pal. The statistics and facts bury you.

And comparing a killer animal to a car? A pool? Bread?? :killingme

Yea I'm a DQ over a breed that kills people. Not a DQ over a hurricane 1000 miles away! :killingme

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Just to save others some reading....
From 2005 to 2009, pit bulls killed 82 Americans, about one citizen every 22 days,

So much for the 2-3 a year.... :duh:

Sorry to be such a drama queen folks.....

TurboK9

Making up statistics to defend your killer breed Turbo? Yes you are. Try again. 2009 U.S. Dog Bite Fatality Statistics - DogsBite.org - DogsBite.org You can't win this debate with me pal. the statistics and facts bury you.

And comparing a killer animal to a car? A pool? Bread?? :killingme

Yea I'm a DQ over a killer breed that kills people. Not DQ over a hurricane 1000 miles away! :killingme

My breed? Not hardly. I don't like them. They don't do well in protection work because the good ones don't like to bite people. :shrug: Ironic, yes, but also very true.

Yeahhhh... a blog does a study because the CDC doesn't? Take a good look at the CDC site.

And yes, pools.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report revealed that the average number of children under five drowning in pools and spas increased from 267 for the years 2002-2004 to 283 for the years 2003-2005. The majority of those drownings involved one- and two-year-olds and took place in residential settings, according to the report.

Read more: Drowning Season Opens; Pools a Major Menace to Children

And cars...

This means that on any given day nearly 700 children are harmed due to accidents on our roadways. Of the 250,000 kids injured each year, approximately 2,000 die from their injuries. Children make up about 5% of total fatalities due to car accidents. In fact, for children between the ages of 2 and 14, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death.

Read more: Children & Car Accidents; the Alarming Statistics
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Even bees beat the dog in total...

Bee stings are the largest killer of humans in the U.S. directly caused by animals. An allergic reaction to the venom is bee’s kills 53 people per year. This number is increasing every year due to the aggressive African honey bee that is taking over in Texas.

Human deaths in the U.S. caused by Animals « History Lists[\QUOTE]

And yeah, ok, my pitty stats were of... according to YOUR source.

Seriously?

Likely due to pressures from animal advocacy groups, dog fancying groups and pro-pit bull groups

The CDC dropped the study because they knew every Cane Corso, Presa Canario, American Bulldog, Mastiff mix, English Bulldog mix, etc etc etc was a 'Pit Bull' according to those reporting breed, because, simply put, most AC officers and shelter folk can't tell a Doberman from a Rottweiller, hence the CDC's commenting "Pit Bull TYPE dog". The study was innaccurate, and they knew it, but your little blog doesn't bother to make that distinction.

Try finding a reliable source that doesn't make stupid comments about why the CDC stopped the study, and maybe, just maybe, you yourself will have valid stats.

Can you say, "agenda"?

Geeze, when did you become Nonno?

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Can you say, "agenda"?

Geeze, when did you become Nonno?
Agenda? You have the agenda!! Making up statistics!! 2-3 a year?? :killingme And see post 28.

Sorry pal, it's not a blog! try again. Can you say fail?

Attachments

• 1FAIL.jpg
    1FAIL.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 79
  • fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 75
  • fail-owned-billboard-fail.jpg
    fail-owned-billboard-fail.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 89
  • royal-fail.jpg
    royal-fail.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 78
  • mini-023_fail.jpg
    mini-023_fail.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 87

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I've been down this road before. It's Turbo's time to come to their defense and I'll let him have at it. There are plenty of threads with tons of facts that prove it's a killer breed.

TurboK9

Agenda? You have the agenda!! Making up statistics!! 2-3 a year?? :killingme And see post 28.

Sorry, I said 3-6.

Fail on your part there.

And yeah, I'm operating off news reports where the animals were CONFIRMED as pits, not simply assumed to be because they kinda looked like they could be. Could the number be higher? Sure. 14? I doubt it, but possible. Equal to daily fatalities of kids on the highway? Definitely not. By guns? Nope. Pools? Not even close.

My point is that you are drama queening what is essentially a rare event, especially considering the sheer numbers of these dogs out there.

Are they dangerous? Obviously, they can be. My kids could also have a tree drop on their head walking out to the school bus, or statistically speaking (your 14), they are more likely to be killed by peanut allergies (150 - Have Americans Gone Nuts Over Nut Allergies? - TIME) damned murderous peanuts!

So yeah.

Drama Queen.

I'm not defending the dogs. I'm saying, based strictly on numbers, your priorities are all effed up. Likely because you want a gun, a car, peanut butter, a pool, etc so you ignore those in favor of dramatizing something historically much less 'killer'. 14? OMG that's TWICE my number! :roflmao: whatever. It's still only 14, in the grand scheme.

You do of course realize that the 'murderous pit bull propaganda machine' is just another money machine, right? Ask Ingrid Newkirk. Animal controversies are profitable.

TurboK9

I've been down this road before. It's Turbo's time to come to their defense and I'll let him have at it. There are plenty of threads with tons of facts that prove it's a killer breed.

Umm, I'm not defending them. I personally would never own one.

Your idea of a murderous plague on society however, simply does not align with mine when it comes to sheer numbers. 14. How many people were murdered in DC in Jan 2010? one city, one month. Just curious. Perspective and all.

TurboK9

Wait... it's not a blog?

So BLOG.dogsbite.org isn't a blog?

You of course can understand my confusion.

:rolleyes:

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
if you have a dog door that you leave open while you are gone, how do you know that you dog hasn't ben a major problem when you aren't around?

One of my old neighbors had a bunch of dogs that were fenced in, they would routinely jump the fence, chase cyclists, chidlren and pedestrians down th street and then jumo back in their yard. I almost got into a fist fight with the owner because he wouldnt beleive his dogs would do it. after animal control caught one of his pits running loose the guy chained them in his fenced yard......

just saying, if your dog can be out when you are gone, you dont really know what is happening

True, I do not have cameras that I moniter from work.

I do have other neighbors that haven't voiced any complaints about any of the dogs running loose. The neighbors to the left of us have several dogs and if he was going to "jump free" I would assume that would be the first place he would visit. He has never had any problems with animal control, and the animal control officer did not check the box that said "animal runs loose and wreaks havok." These neighbors have never said that the dog escaped or caused any problem whatsoever. The problem is that people who are supposedly interested in buying the house do not like pitbulls.

I would assume in your case, that you told the neighbor that his dogs ran loose and he never did anything about it. Again, we have had no complaints from any neighbor stating our dogs cause a problem while we are not home.

If you think powerlines cause cancer, you don't buy a house under them. You don't buy the house and then insist the power company relocate the lines. And you certainly don't believe the seller if he tells you the powerlines will be gone before you move in.

TurboK9

OK wait... so I go to the 'statistics' page for your NON blog site there, Baja... :lmao: and there in the upper right corner is a picture of what is CLEARLY an American Bulldog or AB mix (definitely not a purebread APBT), and it says in a three year period piut bull TYPE dogs killed 52 people.

So.

How many did Pit Bulls kill? How many did AB's kill?

CC's? Dogo's? Etc?

Nobody...

Knows.

So, here we are villianizing them all.

All guns are bad too. Let's outlaw 'em. :yay:

What? Oh yeahhh.... 2nd amendment... hmmm....

we still require classes to get a permit to carry in most states.

Know what? I'd be all for making people take classes to own a dog, especially big powerful ones. :yay:

Never happen though.

Last edited:

TurboK9

You know I find that rather humorous.

Why?

Because not one Pit Bull type dog I was ever involved in training, not one, has ever been involved in a bite incident.

Not one.

Training. :yay:

Can't defend them. Most people that own them are ignorant and do not respect their destructive potential. So like I said previously, sh*t happens.

Did you know that it's estimated that fewer than 2% of dog owners in the US ever do any type of formal training?

That's where I see the problem. Personal viewpoint perhaps, but valid based on experience. :yay:

:gossip: I train, and I mean train, not as in 'shake' and 'rollover'. It makes a huge difference.

TurboK9

True, I do not have cameras that I moniter from work.

I do have other neighbors that haven't voiced any complaints about any of the dogs running loose. The neighbors to the left of us have several dogs and if he was going to "jump free" I would assume that would be the first place he would visit. He has never had any problems with animal control, and the animal control officer did not check the box that said "animal runs loose and wreaks havok." These neighbors have never said that the dog escaped or caused any problem whatsoever. The problem is that people who are supposedly interested in buying the house do not like pitbulls.

I would assume in your case, that you told the neighbor that his dogs ran loose and he never did anything about it. Again, we have had no complaints from any neighbor stating our dogs cause a problem while we are not home.

If you think powerlines cause cancer, you don't buy a house under them. You don't buy the house and then insist the power company relocate the lines. And you certainly don't believe the seller if he tells you the powerlines will be gone before you move in.

OK wait... are your dogs in the yard all day while you are at work?