Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

Chris0nllyn

And binge I did last weekend. So good! :yay:

I thought it focused much more on the monster this season (and even last season) comapred to season 1 which focused mroe on the characters and developing them.

I've enjoyed it thus far with one episode left.

glhs837

Power with Control
"TV Doctor"?

Anyway we're watching Season Three of Stranger things also, and just when you thought what the hell else they could mine from the 80s, "Soviets!!!!" and even better, where they put the main base :) Spotted a Porsche 944 at the gas station :) Part of the fun is the cars. Tried wacthing Cloud Atlas. man what a flippin mess.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I still need to watch season 2. But alas, I am waiting for my TV doctor to come over and fix me. I had to watch a movie on my laptop the other night. No likey!
CB? :lol: You need to watch season 2 before 3. But season 3 does open with a recap of the previous season.
Anyway we're watching Season Three of Stranger things also, and just when you thought what the hell else they could mine from the 80s, "Soviets!!!!" and even better, where they put the main base :) Spotted a Porsche 944 at the gas station :) Part of the fun is the cars. Tried watching Cloud Atlas. man what a flippin mess.
That is a big part of the appeal - reliving the 80s! Russians and malls and mullets, oh my! :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
"TV Doctor"?
Yup. Evidently, I need to re-set my TV and can't figure it out myself. The remote stopped turning the TV off/on, nor can I use the volume button. I tried to re-set it and have now locked myself out of HDMI2. :dork:

CB? :lol: You need to watch season 2 before 3. But season 3 does open with a recap of the previous season.

That is a big part of the appeal - reliving the 80s! Russians and malls and mullets, oh my! :lmao:
Yes, CB. He was in Charm City for the weekend.

I'm going to start with season 1 since I have forgotten most of it. :biggrin:

Chris0nllyn

"TV Doctor"?

Anyway we're watching Season Three of Stranger things also, and just when you thought what the hell else they could mine from the 80s, "Soviets!!!!" and even better, where they put the main base :) Spotted a Porsche 944 at the gas station :) Part of the fun is the cars. Tried wacthing Cloud Atlas. man what a flippin mess.

I love the intro because it just sounds like the 80's. The synthesizer is great.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking of the 80's. Has anyone else watched Freaks & Geeks? Only one TV season, but it's on Netflix. That was EXACTLY me and my friends in high school. :lmao:

Auntie Biache'

James Spader seemed to fall off the map for years, or so I thought. I guess he did quite a few movies that just didn't "hit". I always thought of him as a pretty boy actor who did an okay job. However, he has become a very good actor in his old age. We just finished binging Boston Legal, and it was fun to watch. Looking forward to the next season of Blacklist, which we are also thoroughly enjoying.

We were just beginning season 2 of Designated Survivor when Boston Legal grabbed our attention, which we have taken up again since finishing BL. I like the way the "President" is being portrayed as the guy many of us would LIKE to see in the WH. Never happen, but it's a nice fantasy.

I've also been squeezing in an episode of Big Little Lies here and there. My favorite character is Renata Klein. I love the way Laura Dern has brought this character to life. I have giggle fits when she comes undone. She's exactly what I expect Hollyweirds to be like IRL.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yup. Evidently, I need to re-set my TV and can't figure it out myself. The remote stopped turning the TV off/on, nor can I use the volume button. I tried to re-set it and have now locked myself out of HDMI2. :dork:

Yes, CB. He was in Charm City for the weekend.

I'm going to start with season 1 since I have forgotten most of it. :biggrin:

Yeah, more complex systems can be a bit of a pain, have to be to make up for the conveninece of One Remote to Rule them All. If mine goes sideways, wife just tosses it over, "Here, make it work" :) But she does love having buttons that say "Watch Smart TV", or "Watch Cable" that just turn everythng on and sets all the right inputs and outputs.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, more complex systems can be a bit of a pain, have to be to make up for the conveninece of One Remote to Rule them All. If mine goes sideways, wife just tosses it over, "Here, make it work" :) But she does love having buttons that say "Watch Smart TV", or "Watch Cable" that just turn everythng on and sets all the right inputs and outputs.
Sadly, it's not a smart TV and I use the same universal remotes on both the bedroom and living room TVs. :IRStewpid:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Speaking of the 80's. Has anyone else watched Freaks & Geeks? Only one TV season, but it's on Netflix. That was EXACTLY me and my friends in high school. :lmao:
This show is a classic :lol: Really wish they'd continued with it.

I've also been squeezing in an episode of Big Little Lies here and there. My favorite character is Renata Klein. I love the way Laura Dern has brought this character to life. I have giggle fits when she comes undone. She's exactly what I expect Hollyweirds to be like IRL.

This is my guilty pleasure. I still have the book but haven't gotten around to reading it yet, and I'm waiting for all of Season 2 so I can binge! It is exactly how I imagine spoiled wives of Monteray CA would act in real life. And if I were one, I'd totally be a Madeline.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Me, too! In real life, Linda Cardellini and James Franco went to two of my rival high schools. Linda at Saint Francis. The Catholic family of 9 kids across the street from me all went there. And James at Palo Alto, where my Dad graduated in 1956. Small world!

Linda https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004802/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

James https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0290556/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm
small world for sure!

James Franco :faint: 😍

I always liked Linda Cardellini - she was my favorite sibling in Bloodline (but I pine for Kyle Chandler!) and I've got Dead to Me queued on Netflix bc her and Christina Applegate look like fun together!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
small world for sure!

James Franco :faint:😍

I always liked Linda Cardellini - she was my favorite sibling in Bloodline (but I pine for Kyle Chandler!) and I've got Dead to Me queued on Netflix bc her and Christina Applegate look like fun together!
I just watched Why Him the other night. Corny movie with him and Bryan Cranston in it. Filmed in the Bay Area!

Dead to Me is funny!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Auntie Biache'

Anybody watching Justified? Just finished season 1. Pleasantly surprised. Good performances, good plot, twists...

Now I'm waiting for hubby to catch up before I move on to season 2, so we can watch together. The suspense is killing me!