Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just finished. What was the OMG moment?

I did notice them using white boards that weren't used in the 70's. :lol:

No one OMG moment. Just the whole season and the parade of serial killers.

Whiteboards were invented in the 50s.

It was for this reason that despite being invented as far back as the late 1950s, whiteboards did not become very popular until after the invention of dry erasable marker, aka whiteboard marker, in 1975.

:sshrug:

Now. Onto Marianne...
Never heard of that. Any good?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I watched the first two seasons of Fleabag on Amazon Prime. Not as good as the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but very entertaining. Very British comedy/drama. Synopsis:

Fleabag is a hilarious and poignant window into the mind of a dry-witted, sexual, angry, grief-riddled woman, as she hurls herself at modern living in London. Award-winning playwright Phoebe Waller-Bridge writes and stars as Fleabag, an unfiltered woman trying to heal, while rejecting anyone who tries to help her and keeping up her bravado all along.

The episodes are only 30 minutes and only 6 episodes a season. Four out of five stars.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Schitt's Creek - Season 5 dropped :lol:

In the Dark - about a blind woman who befriends a teenage boy who ends up killed and she wants to solve his murder. Pretty good, not done yet.

Two-Sentence Horror Stories - each episode is only 20 minutes long, so it's quick. Weird. Just how I like it..

frequentflier

happy to be living
James Spader seemed to fall off the map for years, or so I thought. I guess he did quite a few movies that just didn't "hit". I always thought of him as a pretty boy actor who did an okay job. However, he has become a very good actor in his old age. We just finished binging Boston Legal, and it was fun to watch. Looking forward to the next season of Blacklist, which we are also thoroughly enjoying.

We were just beginning season 2 of Designated Survivor when Boston Legal grabbed our attention, which we have taken up again since finishing BL. I like the way the "President" is being portrayed as the guy many of us would LIKE to see in the WH. Never happen, but it's a nice fantasy.

I've also been squeezing in an episode of Big Little Lies here and there. My favorite character is Renata Klein. I love the way Laura Dern has brought this character to life. I have giggle fits when she comes undone. She's exactly what I expect Hollyweirds to be like IRL.
We are hooked and not quite through season 1.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Has anyone watched the Canadian comedy Letterkenny on Hulu? I've been catching clips of it on YouTube and find it pretty funny.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Finally watched "Solo: A Star Wars Story" on Netflix. Good story and very entertaining. But Woody Harrelson was more of a distraction than an attraction. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Have also been watching "Star Trek: Discovery" on CBS All-Access. Finished the first season and it was pretty good. It is a prequel to the original Star Trek and set ten years before it. Looking forward to "Star Trek: Picard" coming out in January.

The new season of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" comes out December 6 on Amazon Prime. :yahoo:

Tried to watch "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" and finally bailed about halfway through. Just couldn't stay with it. :dead:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Watched "The Theory of Everything" on Netflix about the life of Stephen Hawking. Amazing performances and what a strange and incredible life. Four out of 5 stars.

Started watching a short 4 part series called "Cooked" A food writer explores how cooking transforms food and shapes our world, with each episode focusing on one of the elements: fire, water, air, and earth. Very interesting to me and a bit sad as we as a society have gotten away from cooking and lost touch with how it gets to our plate, and how the act of cooking used to connect us. Watched the first one on fire and am hooked. Fascinating!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Started watching a short 4 part series called "Cooked" A food writer explores how cooking transforms food and shapes our world, with each episode focusing on one of the elements: fire, water, air, and earth. Very interesting to me and a bit sad as we as a society have gotten away from cooking and lost touch with how it gets to our plate, and how the act of cooking used to connect us. Watched the first one on fire and am hooked. Fascinating!
I really enjoyed that series. There was another just like it and the name currently escapes me - I'll get back to you. Other food docs on Netflix right now I've also found fascinating: #1 being "Salt Fat Acid Heat". Very well done, supposedly season 2 is coming and I can't wait. I may re-watch it as it really had so much good information. "Street Food" focuses on street food out of several Asian countries, and follows a couple of success stories and I learned a lot but it was more about the people and a little less about the history or the techniques. Still, very interesting.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I really enjoyed that series. There was another just like it and the name currently escapes me - I'll get back to you. Other food docs on Netflix right now I've also found fascinating: #1 being "Salt Fat Acid Heat". Very well done, supposedly season 2 is coming and I can't wait. I may re-watch it as it really had so much good information. "Street Food" focuses on street food out of several Asian countries, and follows a couple of success stories and I learned a lot but it was more about the people and a little less about the history or the techniques. Still, very interesting.
There are several series on Netflix that sound similar: "Chef's Table", "The Chef Show", "Ainsley Eats The Streets", "Somebody Feed Phil", etc. "Salt Fat Acid Heat" is in my queue. I'm not so much as looking for techniques as I am learning about the society and how food is part of the culture.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
There are several series on Netflix that sound similar: "Chef's Table", "The Chef Show", "Ainsley Eats The Streets", "Somebody Feed Phil", etc. "Salt Fat Acid Heat" is in my queue. I'm not so much as looking for techniques as I am learning about the society and how food is part of the culture.
Agreed. But there were a few following celebrity chefs that more so felt like a show about the chef and their celebrity friends than it was about the food. The Chef Show was cute, but breakfast, lunch, and dinner was just chefs walking around cities eating food I've seen on other shows before and talking about a lot of weed 🤔