New boat under construction

limblips

PREMO Member
What???? No EV with batteries and a solar panel? Maybe a wind turbine so while you are running you could make power? Don't you care about the polar bears, ice caps and what Greta Thunberg thinks of you and your environment destroying ICE boat?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Went to visit my old friend in hospice care today. Not sure if he knew I was there. I left some tears and a picture of the boat with the name on it...

I truly do own the last boat he'll ever build. :(

IMG_0931.JPG

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He passed last night around 10pm, lots of sadness & tears. He will be missed, he thought a lot about you and your brother.
I just heard it was around 10 pm..Ray sent me a message a bit ago. The message I got initially was at 1:45 am this morning...so sorta went with that.

My "little" brother was practically their adopted son...he's taking it pretty hard.

black dog

Free America
I just heard it was around 10 pm..Ray sent me a message a bit ago. The message I got initially was at 1:45 am this morning...so sorta went with that.

My "little" brother was practically their adopted son...he's taking it pretty hard.
Is that one that did work on the dentist home?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lighthouse road with the upside down boat in the ceiling?
Yep.. "Doc's place" we called it. Had a log cabin section too....disassembled where he bought it (well, his wife did, actually) , every piece numbered, and reassembled attached to Doc's house. My brother said it was a huge PITA project.

black dog

Free America
Yep.. "Doc's place" we called it. Had a log cabin section too....disassembled where he bought it (well, his wife did, actually) , every piece numbered, and reassembled attached to Doc's house. My brother said it was a huge PITA project.
The cabin is the one right behind The Big House.
It's an interesting place for sure.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Now I believe I know of whom you speak.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The cabin is the one right behind The Big House.
It's an interesting place for sure.
There are a lot of rot issues with the place now..Doc's wife insisted on using "old" windows and door and, as she was warned they would, they leak. But nothing is being done now to maintain it. A shame.

black dog

Free America
There are a lot of rot issues with the place now..Doc's wife insisted on using "old" windows and door and, as she was warned they would, they leak. But nothing is being done now to maintain it. A shame.
That is a shame, I liked the place for the most part. I didn't like the uneven barn flooring in the big house living room? as I recall.
Its now been years since I've seen the place. I don't even know if my sister owns there place in the townhouses up the street???
I ended up with his boat lift after the hurricane, I made two, up to an inch square stock twisters to use for some of the yard I art I do on occasion.
I gave one to a friend and kept the other.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That is a shame, I liked the place for the most part. I didn't like the uneven barn flooring in the big house living room? as I recall.
Its now been years since I've seen the place. I don't even know if my sister owns there place in the townhouses up the street???
I ended up with his boat lift after the hurricane, I made two, up to an inch square stock twisters to use for some of the yard I art I do on occasion.
I gave one to a friend and kept the other.
Hurricane helped "donate" my boat lift. Guy had a pier at the end of the beach stretch just before the turn..hurricane wrecked his pier but left the lift intact at the end. He sold it to me real cheap. We unbolted it, working from a 20' work skiff, let it down in to the skiff, ran it straight on over to my pier where TJ had already set the four poles, lifted it up, and bolted er down. ;-)

As I recall, Doc had a pretty good-sized boat that was on that lift and wrecked by the hurricane.

black dog

Free America
Hurricane helped "donate" my boat lift. Guy had a pier at the end of the beach stretch just before the turn..hurricane wrecked his pier but left the lift intact at the end. He sold it to me real cheap. We unbolted it, working from a 20' work skiff, let it down in to the skiff, ran it straight on over to my pier where TJ had already set the four poles, lifted it up, and bolted er down. ;-)

As I recall, Doc had a pretty good-sized boat that was on that lift and wrecked by the hurricane.
I dont recall what size boat was on this lift, the one that survived had a restored 19'? Glastron? tri-hull on it.
I would guess it had to be a 25/28 footer or so that was on the lift he gave me. It was piled up on the beach when he gave it to me.
The drive motors were 1 1/2 HP, I still have the braided stainless cable rolled up in the barn. It took two of us to pick up each transmission side and put them in my truck.