New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Tech

May have missed it. What's going in behind Caldwell Bankers on 235 next to Wal-Mart in California? The Donut Connection that has been advertised for the past three years?

mudpuddle

If I may ...

Very bottom of the menu, "Items & prices are subject to change", has no prices listed. Except for, "Double Burger 11.00".
But hey, it'll be the very best food Sysco sales reps have to offer them. Everything on the menu appears to be high profit Sysco, void of nutrition, junk. Being in the business for over 40 years like the owner has, you learn a thing or two on how to maximize profits from ignorant clientèle.
The fact that this food will be void of nutrition, junk, means that it will taste good! Iol I like going to places where the food tastes good! I am greatly looking forward to going to a new place in CH. We need more new places!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The fact that this food will be void of nutrition, junk, means that it will taste good! Iol I like going to places where the food tastes good! I am greatly looking forward to going to a new place in CH. We need more new places!

No problemo. Bon Appetit. I myself enjoy an occasional outing to an eatery such as this. I just don't make it a habit. Bland healthy food can be made to taste zesty though. Use Celtic Sea Salt instead of regular table salt, and real cold pressed EVOO and other herbs and spices. And presto change-oh ...yummmy. When I say sea salt, Celtic or otherwise, it refer to the real stuff that still has a moisture content to it. There are companies such as Mortan's that process it, clean and filter and then dry it, making it all white and worthless. The real good stuff is discolored, contains all the micro nutrients as it had when naturally dried in the sun, and still has a level of moisture content. One can really taste the difference. Please report back after your experience with the new place.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

No problemo. Bon Appetit. I myself enjoy an occasional outing to an eatery such as this. I just don't make it a habit. Bland healthy food can be made to taste zesty though. Use Celtic Sea Salt instead of regular table salt, and real cold pressed EVOO and other herbs and spices. And presto change-oh ...yummmy. When I say sea salt, Celtic or otherwise, it refer to the real stuff that still has a moisture content to it. There are companies such as Mortan's that process it, clean and filter and then dry it, making it all white and worthless. The real good stuff is discolored, contains all the micro nutrients as it had when naturally dried in the sun, and still has a level of moisture content. One can really taste the difference. Please report back after your experience with the new place.
Good foor, healthy food, does not have to be bland and tasteless.
Actually a mark of a good chef is that the dining room is void of salt and pepper shakers.
Their food doesn't require the guest to season it with condiments

Had a really good pan sear halibut the other day, with a fresh vegetable side.
Low carb, high protein, 00% natural and very tastey

BernieP

Resident PIA
What's going in beside the CPFCU in California?
something that won't have any parking and will add to the congestion at that intersection.
The Donut Connection is going to be interesting as well. It will add to the entertainment factor on that stretch of 235, particularly if NB drivers want to enter and exit the location.

mudpuddle

If I may ...

I agree with you about the salt! Not only is the salt better, but it looks rather interesting! lol
I will happily report back after my dining experience! I have to tell you, though, that if I get pizza, I am not a pizza "conniseaur". (I can't even spell it! lol) I don't know the difference between a good pizza and a bad one! May be that's a good thing! I can say "I never had a bad pizza!" lol

frequentflier

happy to be living
Rumor has it a pot dispensary is coming to the shopping plaza where my store is. I believe they are an existing business but they need more space!

Bonehead

Heard a rumor that the old Bear Creek BBQ in Callaway is going to reopen as a pizza joint. Anybody else hear that?

They really have done a lot of work on that building....hmmmm pizza joint, Pepperoni's didn't make it in the Callaway shopping center not sure this location will fare any better but maybe.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They really have done a lot of work on that building....hmmmm pizza joint, Pepperoni's didn't make it in the Callaway shopping center not sure this location will fare any better but maybe.
I always felt Pepperoni's wanted a better location off of 235.