New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

BernieP

Resident PIA
They are putting in a road that will be the main road into that housing development. They are trying take away the entrance on 4 due to traffic issues.
ah, remember reading about that. Well at least they did one thing smart, aligned it wiht an existing light. Not like some of the other bumble fudge intersections they have created.

Starbucks coffee is awful, as well as being way overpriced. I'll continue to grind my own, thanx.

Even worse is the rancid smell when you walk into Target. It permeates everything in there.

DoWhat

Sexy Stud
PREMO Member
Fiesta Pollo?
Yes, I went there for lunch a couple weeks ago.
It was actually really good. I had a sandwich, friend had a quarter chicken.

It looks they are building something. It's where the old Tag and Title used to be. Across from the new subdivision where the police sit waiting for speeders.
I've been told that this is where the office will be and where they will be staging equipment. We'll have to see if that is all it is.

I've been told that this is where the office will be and where they will be staging equipment. We'll have to see if that is all it is.
There is finally a sign up in front of this construction. They have torn down the Waring Ahearn Insurance office and are now building a three unit storefront called The Shoppes at Mcintosh.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Any truth about a Panda Express taking over the Ruby Tuesday's building in P-Fred? I hope not!
That was what was reported a couple weeks ago. The article included a short interview with someone from corporate who is in the real estate department.

I'm going to once again remind all of you that this is what you wanted back when you whined to the various Boards of County Commissioners about not having restaurants, excuse me, dining experiences available.

Now you look up and ask, "What the **** did we do?". Which is what many of the former big landowners in Calvert have done after they sold their properties to grow houses on. Of course, the money softened the blow to them.

Hank

my war
Oh good god. Replace a shitty restaurant with another (but we both know Panda Express would have a packed parking lot for a bit until "OH, shiny new restaurant in Calvert" wears off).
Oh... Locals are gonna love that place! I'm sure they have been missing that God awful Chinese restaurant that was shut down by Health Inspectors over by Nagoya.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Oh good god. Replace a shitty restaurant with another (but we both know Panda Express would have a packed parking lot for a bit until "OH, shiny new restaurant in Calvert" wears off).
Are we talking about Ruby Tuesdays in First Colony or one in Calvert?
Panda Express has a store (and drive thru) in the "Market Place" (Harris Teeter) center at the intersection of 4 & 235 that just opened.

Savage

Overheard a conversation over the weekend that construction on the new McKays is expected to start within 2 - 3 months. All utilities are in, so it’s just a matter of constructing the buildings. Not sure if I believe it though. Also, anyone have any info on when the roundabout at the Tractor Supply is gonna begin. That intersection is already bad and is just going to be much worse with the new retail.

Anyone know what is going in NB 5 on the right before the Farmer's Market? Sign there now that says Public Hearing and a bunch of tents up that looked like some sort of ground breaking? Police directing traffic there on Tuesday also.