New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

3CATSAILOR

All feedback is good to me. Thanks for checking it out.

And I am working on Sonic for St. Mary's.
I agree about the race car track. It would be nice idea. Mini Golf would be a nice idea too. I heard Home Depot is coming to St. Mary's. Is there any truth behind the rumor?

OccamsRazor

Guessing that the new Rita's fell through. Had a sign up that said "Coming in 2022" but it looks like that's not gonna happen. They cleared, leveled, plumbed, built, and will open the new 7-11 before they have even started construction on the new Rita's (old PNC bank building)

sunshine98

Recently, the front of that old PNC started looking like a store. Thinking the Rita's is still in progress. They had the back of it dug up all summer, so maybe they hit some sort of snag in the reno process. Now they have until the spring to finish. Can't image paying rent for over a year before you can open your business.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Guessing that the new Rita's fell through. Had a sign up that said "Coming in 2022" but it looks like that's not gonna happen. They cleared, leveled, plumbed, built, and will open the new 7-11 before they have even started construction on the new Rita's (old PNC bank building)
Actually I’ve seen some movement in the old PNC building over the weekend.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
I agree about the race car track. It would be nice idea. Mini Golf would be a nice idea too. I heard Home Depot is coming to St. Mary's. Is there any truth behind the rumor?
Not that I have heard. We tried to put them at Lexington exchange years ago. Didnt work out.

OccamsRazor

I find it odd that they decided to get rid of the cement factory and "develop" the Lexington Exchange area to such a degree with ABSOLUTELY NO immediate plans of filling the vast void of space. Especially across from the Aldi. Who is making these decisions??

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I find it odd that they decided to get rid of the cement factory and "develop" the Lexington Exchange area to such a degree with ABSOLUTELY NO immediate plans of filling the vast void of space. Especially across from the Aldi. Who is making these decisions??
? Whoever owns the property decides what they might use it for. And then make applications accordingly.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What would make you think this?
Your post would lead one to believe that anyone anywhere in county gummint would have the slightest authority to even offer an opinion on what anyone wants to do with their property in future.

Me and Kyle are going to buy it and build the largest strip joint that ever existed ....because we've seen so many of those close down over the last few decades. Call it "restoring culture" to the area.