New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

OccamsRazor

English your second language?
Apparently, reading and tracking is an issue for you. Here... let me break it down 2nd grade style for ya'

See.. here is my question:

I find it odd that they decided to get rid of the cement factory and "develop" the Lexington Exchange area to such a degree with ABSOLUTELY NO immediate plans of filling the vast void of space. Especially across from the Aldi. Who is making these decisions??

And... here is your initial response to that question which seems pretty legit.
? Whoever owns the property decides what they might use it for. And then make applications accordingly.

Now... here is your BAE offering nothing of value which you hopped on like flies on crap.
He and Hemi want to turn it over to the proletariat for proper planning and development.
Now.. was THAT too hard to follow? IS reading English that hard for ya?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apparently, reading and tracking is an issue for you. Here... let me break it down 2nd grade style for ya'

See.. here is my question:

And... here is your initial response to that question which seems pretty legit.

Now... here is your BAE offering nothing of value which you hopped on like flies on crap.

Now.. was THAT too hard to follow? IS reading English that hard for ya?
What's a "BAE"?

3CATSAILOR

At this point, I'm willing to compromise! CH/Mechanicsville needs better restaurants! 30,000 people with higher than average incomes and you wind up driving 10-20 miles in every direction to eat? What a bunch of crap!
It's like getting decent health care. You have to drive 100 miles for that.

3CATSAILOR

If you are interested in keeping up with new things coming to the area please visit our blog http://shashoconsulting.blogspot.com/ and like our Facebook page. We also try to post when these new businesses begin hiring. I will also try to post new businesses here when I have time.

Go to the last entries on this post to see the latest info.
Is there a Home Depot coming to St. Mary's? At one point I heard it was in the plans.

3CATSAILOR

Guessing that the new Rita's fell through. Had a sign up that said "Coming in 2022" but it looks like that's not gonna happen. They cleared, leveled, plumbed, built, and will open the new 7-11 before they have even started construction on the new Rita's (old PNC bank building)
Rita's was hung up on a "easement issue". The easement issue is supposed to have been resolved in the Court battle I heard. Only for Rita's tough. Unless they are back in Court again. The old Bowling Alley has the same easement issue which I don't think has been resolved yet. IF the easement is resolved for Rita's you should see if by "late next Spring or early Summer".

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Last I heard, the intention is for the Home Depot to be close or nearby the new Movie Theater in California, MD.
Lexington Exchange is where the newer movie theater and Aldis is...that's the name of the whole property.

I was an employee of Home Depot when I moved to Calvert/St. Mary's exactly 10 years ago and was told then, the rumor of HD wanting to build in that spot...10 years ago. I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen, like Disney said they tried awhile back and it didn't work out.

3CATSAILOR

Lexington Exchange is where the newer movie theater and Aldis is...that's the name of the whole property.

I was an employee of Home Depot when I moved to Calvert/St. Mary's exactly 10 years ago and was told then, the rumor of HD wanting to build in that spot...10 years ago. I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen, like Disney said they tried awhile back and it didn't work out.
Yeah, good to know. Thanks.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

SamSpade

It does seem if any development appears years to completion - it's a good bet it ain't happening at all. Everyone said there was going to be a Royal Farms there across from Wildewood. To the best of my knowledge - that's gone. A shame too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It does seem if any development appears years to completion - it's a good bet it ain't happening at all. Everyone said there was going to be a Royal Farms there across from Wildewood. To the best of my knowledge - that's gone. A shame too.
The Royal Farms was surveyed and appeared ready to go. Not sure what happened.