New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

BernieP

Resident PIA
Okay, how 'bout 'made fresh'? In the case of a Mexican restaurant, they might make actually their tortillas from scratch and keep them refrigerated and just warm them when there's an order for a dish with tortillas; Chimi's or Burritos, por exemplo. (My one year of H.S. Spanish :lol:)

All the ingredients are present in the kitchen; whether they're prepared after they're ordered (Yeah, not likely); or they're made/put together with the ingredients that are sitting in a pot staying warm on a back burner. Knowwh'I'msayin'?

can you spell microwave
be real, there is a reason it all looks alike, steam tables and microwaves.

DEEKAYPEE8569

can you spell microwave
be real, there is a reason it all looks alike, steam tables and microwaves.

Microwaved "styro-food" or not, matters not to me, it's still tasty IMHO. Don't like Salsa's? That's okay too; go to Taco Bell. :shrug:

Last edited:

zar

Theist
I have a proposal, I'd be willing trade 3 dollar generals and 2 banks for 1 wawa in leonardtown. Seriously though who go to dollar general or family dollar? Their prices aren't even any cheaper than the grocers imo. They have the same junk at CVS. I guess we will never see another gas station considering they are littered up and down 4 and 5. We're just in the perfect location to be 20 mintues away from sheetz and wawa.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have a proposal, I'd be willing trade 3 dollar generals and 2 banks for 1 wawa in leonardtown. Seriously though who go to dollar general or family dollar? Their prices aren't even any cheaper than the grocers imo. They have the same junk at CVS. I guess we will never see another gas station considering they are littered up and down 4 and 5. We're just in the perfect location to be 20 mintues away from sheetz and wawa.

You have to be careful what you buy in the "Dollar" stores. Some items can be counterfeit and others out of date. Remember, they are getting stuff at a discount for a reason.
So read labels carefully before buying.

Wishbone

You have to be careful what you buy in the "Dollar" stores. Some items can be counterfeit and others out of date. Remember, they are getting stuff at a discount for a reason.
So read labels carefully before buying.

You mean the Tied Detergent, Rennalds Rap and Laze Potatoe Chips might not be legit?

mitzi

The food prices may be a bit cheaper but it's smaller containers. No real savings. I still get my cleaning products, tylenol, etc. there, they are cheaper.

glhs837

Power with Control
check the dates and the packaging carefully on the Tylenol

Come'on Bernie, live a little....

https://www.drugs.com/article/drug-expiration-dates.html

. The AMA stated the best evidence resides in the Shelf Life Extension Program (SLEP) undertaken by the FDA for the Department of Defense.2 The original purpose of the SLEP program was twofold: to determine the actual shelf life of stockpiled military medications for future use, and to save government dollars.5 Over 3000 lots, representing 122 different drug products, were assessed in the SLEP program. Based on stability data, expiration dates on 88 percent of the lots were extended beyond their original expiration date for an average of 66 months. Of these 2652 lots, only 18 percent were terminated due to failure. Examples of common drug products that were tested with no failures included amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, diphenhydramine, and morphine sulfate injection. Drug expiration extension dates on these products ranged from 12 to 184 months.

There are no specific reports linking expired medication use to human toxicity. In 1963, a report was published that tied degraded tetracycline use with a form of renal tubular damage known as "Fanconi Syndrome"; however, that formulation of tetracycline in no longer marketed in the U.S.1