New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I thought I read the other day that it was approved. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to see if I can find the article again.
I thought that one was a done deal myself. I figured it would be great for the high school crowd. They would have another option for smokes, blunt wrappers, and energy drinks. What could go wrong? :sshrug:

mitzi

As far as I know...that one got shot down, so they're looking at the 5/249 site now.

I had the locations confused. The one in Callaway has been approved. This was in the County Times.

Callaway 7-11 Plan Approved

By Guy Leonard
Staff Writer

A controversial plan to build a new 7-11 convenience store and fueling station at the intersection of Piney Point Road and Route 5 in Callaway was approved by the county planning commission Aug. 17.
But it was on by a 3-to-2 vote.

mitzi

I thought that one was a done deal myself. I figured it would be great for the high school crowd. They would have another option for smokes, blunt wrappers, and energy drinks. What could go wrong? :sshrug:

That's what everyone was complaining about :lmao:

Clem72

Sounds like a solid business plan. If they got turned down it's probably because one of the commissioners decided the idea was so good they would do it themselves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had the locations confused. The one in Callaway has been approved. This was in the County Times.

Callaway 7-11 Plan Approved

By Guy Leonard
Staff Writer

A controversial plan to build a new 7-11 convenience store and fueling station at the intersection of Piney Point Road and Route 5 in Callaway was approved by the county planning commission Aug. 17.
But it was on by a 3-to-2 vote.

So now add a Dollar store to that corner.... Lovely...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
What is going between the Lexington Park Hyundai dealership and the WaWa? Expansion of the dealership, or something else?

BernieP

Resident PIA
And that.....is true, despite all the damage we know it will cause the existing local businesses.. Freedom costs..and often it costs people or businesses we care a lot about.
7-11s are more or less a local business, as much as a Shell station Franchises.
Still jobs.
If people want the local business to survive they need to patronize them.

FWIW, I all but refuse to enter Walmart. It's rare and it's desperation.

Reactions: TPD

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
7-11s are more or less a local business, as much as a Shell station Franchises.
Still jobs.
If people want the local business to survive they need to patronize them.

FWIW, I all but refuse to enter Walmart. It's rare and it's desperation.
Still jobs you say...but is it a net increase in jobs? New businesses opening while existing businesses failing....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I don't know. But, anecdotal observation only, is that every WaWa and Sheetz I see, no matter where, always are busy as crap. 7-11? Not so much.
I disliked going into a 7-11 because as soon as you came out, no matter how brief a visit, you stunk like old hot dogs and sausages. That smell was pervasive.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't know. But, anecdotal observation only, is that every WaWa and Sheetz I see, no matter where, always are busy as crap. 7-11? Not so much.
The two gas station/convenience stores that are already at the 5/249 intersection are reasonably busy but seldom is there a wait for an open pump. So adding a third will not alleviate a backup, that's for sure.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The two gas station/convenience stores that are already at the 5/249 intersection are reasonably busy but seldom is there a wait for an open pump. So adding a third will not alleviate a backup, that's for sure.
Depending on the time of day, the pumps at Callaway Shell have waiting lines. Another "no name" fuel source will not change that.

Clem72

I disliked going into a 7-11 because as soon as you came out, no matter how brief a visit, you stunk like old hot dogs and sausages. That smell was pervasive.

Really? That's half the reason I like to go there, the other half is the 64 ounce super big gulp.

somdadmin

Administrator
Staff member
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners and the Department of Economic Development congratulate the following new, expanded and relocated businesses:

New Businesses

Gray-Brown Productions, LLC
Lusby
443-975-0019

Sonder Whole Fitness
2025 Chaneyville Road, Owings
443-951-8194

Southern Skies Aerial
Huntingtown
443-771-4764

Steamer’s Seafood Shack
14624 S. Solomons Island Road, Solomons
443-814-0134

Expansion

Winegardner Customs and Classics
708 N. Solomons Island Road, Prince Frederick
443-975-7059

Relocations

2 Soul Sisters
232 Town Square Drive, Lusby
443-707-0232

Edward Jones – Lee Ritter
995 Prince Frederick Blvd., Suite 200, Prince Frederick
410-257-6827

The Calvert County Department of Economic Development works to help all businesses succeed, from small, local businesses to large, national enterprises. For information on the Department of Economic Development and the many services the county offers the business community, contact the department at 410-535-4583 or 301-855-1880, or by email at info@ecalvert.com.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners and the Department of Economic Development congratulate the following new, expanded and relocated businesses:

New Businesses

Gray-Brown Productions, LLC
Lusby
443-975-0019

Sonder Whole Fitness
2025 Chaneyville Road, Owings
443-951-8194

Southern Skies Aerial
Huntingtown
443-771-4764

Steamer’s Seafood Shack
14624 S. Solomons Island Road, Solomons
443-814-0134

Expansion

Winegardner Customs and Classics
708 N. Solomons Island Road, Prince Frederick
443-975-7059

Relocations

2 Soul Sisters
232 Town Square Drive, Lusby
443-707-0232

Edward Jones – Lee Ritter
995 Prince Frederick Blvd., Suite 200, Prince Frederick
410-257-6827

The Calvert County Department of Economic Development works to help all businesses succeed, from small, local businesses to large, national enterprises. For information on the Department of Economic Development and the many services the county offers the business community, contact the department at 410-535-4583 or 301-855-1880, or by email at info@ecalvert.com.

I see no nail places or Dollar General stores. I guess Calvert is as high class as people here say it is. Montgomery County South without the traffic.

Phila215

What is going in to the newly renovated/reconstructed building in Lexington Park on GMR across from the Big lots (on your left coming from Gate 2)?