KingFish

Nothing to see here
Speaking of new businesses and such, here's one that is not so new
Under Michelin Star rated restaurants near you

Heritage 485
85 Main St, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Google rating is 4.7

Is this where Oldfield Inn use to be?
I believe it is. I was going to go there one time but they had odd hours. Still want to give it a try.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking of new businesses and such, here's one that is not so new
Under Michelin Star rated restaurants near you

Heritage 485
85 Main St, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Google rating is 4.7

Is this where Oldfield Inn use to be?
Yes. They are delicious!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol: don't I know that. I recall my first exposure to "the culture" when the Enterprise had their "Best of St. Mary's" edition.
Western Steer was voted "Most Romantic"
My young children (not teens) didn't want to go there because it was icky inside.
(they had "sports" party there and that was it.

And some people will complain about a Michelin star rated restaurant.
I remember that. 😂

A friend posted the announcement on Facebook and it was not met with a hearty hi oh silver.
Lots of complaints about the Cow and Fish. From decor, atmosphere to the food.
I have no idea what to think. No, I think I will wait for some other guinea pigs to give it a try before I go.

:)
Dont let that crazy little gnome scare you off from giving them a try.

OmyGawd

I’ve never had a bad meal at C&F. I couldn’t care less about decor, besides with a space that small why would you clutter it crappy decor.
Went there once, food was good but service was lousy. There were four of us and I had to ask three times why I had no meal while everyone else at the table had the food. They were done before I got mine. Got no apology so it was just a lousy experience. Soured me completely, haven't been back since.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I am no onboard the bring us a Home Depot in St. Mary's County.
Lowes needs competition. Lumber checkout and one other cashier open. The self service registers were even closed at 7 PM
Worse, there is nobody in the store that you can ask for help in finding something. Another trip to Lowes to grab something I was sure they had.
Had is how I felt.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The self service registers were even closed at 7 PM.
When I work that, I do close at 7:50 PM, as I cannot be scheduled later than 8 PM.
I use the 10 minutes to take care of the front end trash, a duty I was assigned.

However, self checkout is normally closed by 8 PM.

Going to be interesting at Customer Service/Returns/Order Pickup starting at 4 PM.
All 3 closers will not be showing up for different reasons.

With COVID, folks quitting (back to school, new job, going to Basic, retail too hard...) and normal illnesses, staffing has been very skimpy.

I agree that my employer needs major competition in the market.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Have you had Trossbach's? That's probably a stupid question - you've been here longer than I have. I don't know what it is about them but honest to God best peaches I've ever had.
Trossbach's is down near Scotland correct on the way to Pt. Lookout ?
Yes. They also bring their wares to the farmers market at BAE on Saturdays.
Can anybody tell me of Trossbach still has peaches?

Mom up in Western MD is looking for some. The peach trees in Allegany and Bedford Counties got hit with a late frost. She thinks the orchards in nearby Romney, WV may have peaches starting this week but is not sure.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Can anybody tell me of Trossbach still has peaches?
Sure do! From their FB page posted 18 hours ago:

🍉 So many ways to get your Trossbach Produce this weekend!

We are picking: White & Yellow Peaches, Sweet Corn, Watermelons, Onions, Tomatoes, Peppers, Garlic, Squash, Zucchini, Eggplant, Red & White Potatoes, Cantaloupes, Jams, and Jellies. (Soaps and Honey at our stand only)

👉🏼 COME SEE US - Our stand is open Daily - 9AM-6PM

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Better get them this year because they may not have them next year. Tornado took down 500 trees!

I saw their post where they said it knocked down hundreds of trees and they were trying to stand them up again. One of the photos from their post: