New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

frequentflier

happy to be living
Where the pet valu (Canadian chain that closed all of their stores in America a year ago) was in Leonardtown has reopened as "EarthWise Pet". Locally owned. I went yesterday and was impressed. Nice store and the staff is knowledgeable about food and nutrition. And I am thrilled they carry the food (Farmina) that all my animals thrive on and they have the same manufacturer rewards program my store offered.
Support local small businesses! :patriot:

nobody really

I need a nap
I thought this had been approved and funded several years ago. What happened, was it too downscale for Calvert County to
I thought this had been approved and funded several years ago. What happened, was it too downscale for Calvert County to step up? I know a lot of people over here are embarrassed to live in a county with farms and workboats.

St. Mary's Commissioners To Help Fund Regional Agricultural Center Construction | thebaynet.com | TheBayNet.com | Articles
embarassed to live in a county with farms and workboats? thats an ignorant comment.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

embarassed to live in a county with farms and workboats? thats an ignorant comment.
Yup. Can you imagine if in Calvert County how the snobbish would be if our farmers practiced farming such as those in the Bavarian area of Germany? There, in many areas, in animal husbandry, their herds of whatever, tend to be kept inside, housed next to the residence, in the evening where their effluents are captured by runoff drains and saved into an underground tank. And guess what comes during springtime? The farmers will load up their spraying tanks with all that effluent and fertilize their farm fields for the coming plantings. One always knew what time of year it was by the unmistakable smell in the air. And actually? After a while it wasn't so bad and gives one the feeling that the farmers there practice good natural farming techniques recycling what nature provides.

Here? Farmers use human effluents from places like Naval Air Station Patuxent River that are laden with PFAS,(you know, Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl substances? Those forever chemicals that have potential adverse health impacts associated its exposure, including liver damage, thyroid disease, decreased fertility, high cholesterol, obesity, hormone suppression and cancer)? Oh, but its treated so it doesn't really smell that much, except still being laden with PFAS, and other chemicals that have been consumed and come out of humans.

OccamsRazor

I see people complain about the Dollar stores and Nail Salons but, they wouldn't be building and opening so many of them if they were not being used and doing good business. When was the last time you drove by a Dollar Store when it was open and only saw 1 or 2 cars in the lot?

tipsymcgee

Dollar General is really a smart idea, taking a franchise and replacing the old conveniently located country stores and markets in the outlying areas or just before you hit the lights and traffic. Live in Hollywood and don't want to go to California, we got you. Live in Mechanicsville and don't want to go to Charlotte Hall, we got you. Need some car wash stuff, we got you. Need a coffee mug for your teacher, we got you. 4 by 4 plush blanket, yep right here. Knockoff christmas candy, we got half an aisle. Loofas, lotion and makeup, that's on the far right. Coloring books, slime and fake nerf stuff, middle aisles. Phone chargers that last 2 months before saying 'device not supported' are right at the register.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You live in the Beach, or next to it, and you've never heard the complaining? There's a whole Facebook page that, up until recently when it was limited, had nothing except pictures of dogs that people thought were their kids and "Things I'd like to change".

Then there was the time in the Spring a few years ago when someone called out HazMat for the pollen in a puddle.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I probably missed it, but what's going in on FDR just up from the turn from St Andrews? Today I notices large fans on the roof, some kind of restaurant?