New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Clem72

I see people complain about the Dollar stores and Nail Salons but, they wouldn't be building and opening so many of them if they were not being used and doing good business. When was the last time you drove by a Dollar Store when it was open and only saw 1 or 2 cars in the lot?
The one on great mills road never has cars in the lot. It's always busy, but it's foot traffic.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You haven't lived until you are driving at night at 65 MPH and have a seed explode.
Story time: So there we are...three sophomore college students and a bong, sitting in our apartment, vegging out in front of the TV on a snowy Saturday. Munchies hit..and to the rescue comes a box of cookies that my grandmother made from scratch, each cookie individually wrapped in tissue to avoid shipping damage.

A pile of tissues builds up on the coffee table and carpeted floor the table sat on.

It's time for one more bowl..why not?

*POP*!! ..goes the seed in the bowl. Burning contents are expelled from the bowl and land....right in the middle of the pile of tissues.

Numerous articles of clothing and linen were sacrificed in the panicked and frantic effort to put out the fire....successfully, thank goodness.

Except for the large area of burnt carpet. Solution: That was neatly covered up by moving the coffee table over it before checkout-inspection at the end of the semester.

Watch out fer them seeds.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
In my case, it wasn't the seeds. A big bunch of us were on the beach around a campfire. Someone breaks out a bowl and starts passing it around. It got to me, I take a hit......

and coughed. Blew the weed right out of the bowl. Dark out there. Scrambling looking for the ejected weed. Found what I thought was the weed and stuffed it back in the bowl and re-lit it. Didn't really catch. Passed it on. No one got high off that bit of seaweed....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In my case, it wasn't the seeds. A big bunch of us were on the beach around a campfire. Someone breaks out a bowl and starts passing it around. It got to me, I take a hit......

and coughed. Blew the weed right out of the bowl. Dark out there. Scrambling looking for the ejected weed. Found what I thought was the weed and stuffed it back in the bowl and re-lit it. Didn't really catch. Passed it on. No one got high off that bit of seaweed....
"seaweed" is what we called the nasty, but highly discounted, weed that was fished out of the ocean, dried out, and sold. LOL...

DaSDGuy

Story time: So there we are...three sophomore college students and a bong, sitting in our apartment, vegging out in front of the TV on a snowy Saturday. Munchies hit..and to the rescue comes a box of cookies that my grandmother made from scratch, each cookie individually wrapped in tissue to avoid shipping damage.

A pile of tissues builds up on the coffee table and carpeted floor the table sat on.

It's time for one more bowl..why not?

*POP*!! ..goes the seed in the bowl. Burning contents are expelled from the bowl and land....right in the middle of the pile of tissues.

Numerous articles of clothing and linen were sacrificed in the panicked and frantic effort to put out the fire....successfully, thank goodness.

Except for the large area of burnt carpet. Solution: That was neatly covered up by moving the coffee table over it before checkout-inspection at the end of the semester.

Watch out fer them seeds.
Nice. I still remember the horror of having that miniature firework exploding in my face and dropping flaming pieces of weed onto my shirt, crotch and car seat. Question - which part of the flames do you put out with your hands first? Of course, one hand has the remaining weed (also in flames) and the other the steering wheel, but a flaming crotch changes priorities. I might add that if you open the window at 65 MPH to dispose of the remaining firestick the pieces of flaming weed get blown all through the passenger cabin so it stays in your hand and the window stays up. That means driving with no hands to extinguish the flames. Now if only I had an open Corona ...