New Family Member

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
They have been bred for working in the Pyrenean Mountains, have a weather resistant double coat, so they prefer cooler weather. I suspect I'll be shaving Gilly at least once a year. Good thing I have a pool!

You might want to do some research on shaving him (He is cute as all get out!). Most double coated dogs (as in a chow chow and we have had several) should not be shaved. EVER. It will ruin their coat. Just sayin and sharing with you.

luvmygdaughters

You might want to do some research on shaving him (He is cute as all get out!). Most double coated dogs (as in a chow chow and we have had several) should not be shaved. EVER. It will ruin their coat. Just sayin and sharing with you.

My girl Nikki was doublecoated, we always had her clipped in the summer, she seemed to really love it. Always happy and acting like a puppy when she was clipped. The only thing we didnt clip was her tail.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
lap dog...

Attachments

• lap dog 2.jpg
    lap dog 2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 331

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
When I lived in NM, there was a lady that lived up in the mountains who owned five GP! They were some of my favorites (I used to work for a vet). The shaving was not recommended as I believe the vet said it could affect their immunity. FWIW.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
When I lived in NM, there was a lady that lived up in the mountains who owned five GP! They were some of my favorites (I used to work for a vet). The shaving was not recommended as I believe the vet said it could affect their immunity. FWIW.

I get my advice from a vet. Thanks.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Awwww...nothing like a 130 lb lapdog!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Thank you! We've had our trials and tribulations. He's a very large puppy, and he's jealous of the person we most wanted him to bond with. Instead, he has bonded with the person who is never home. Go figure. It's a constant battle, but in the end, we shall overcome! LOL

luvmygdaughters

Thank you! We've had our trials and tribulations. He's a very large puppy, and he's jealous of the person we most wanted him to bond with. Instead, he has bonded with the person who is never home. Go figure. It's a constant battle, but in the end, we shall overcome! LOL

Doesnt it figure! Our girl bonds with who ever happens to be home and has access to doggie treats!! Seriously, she has a slightly closer bond with my husband, he's retired and spends the most time with her now, but, when I come home from work, she greets me at the door with squeaky toy and tails wags. When my daughters and granddaughters visit, she just wants them to pet her. I had my great granddaughter for a visit a couple of weeks ago, she's only a month old, Morgan was curious and did sniff, very gently, while I held her. She did seem to accept this little, noisy creature as one of the pack.