wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Happy Easter.
Six weeks old tomorrow.

Attachments

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Coming up on 7 weeks.
Started the process of finding their new homes.
Have a feeling they'll be gone after next week.
Wife's already sad about it.

Attachments

UglyBear

Mom looks kinda like American Cur?
From the puppies' coloring and shape, would you venture a guess what their dad was like?

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
We've heard walker/heelhound mix for momma and she's always on the move. Dad had to be another hound but your guess would be as good as ours. The white puppy has already found her howl and the rest have been catching on.

UglyBear

We've heard walker/heelhound mix for momma and she's always on the move. Dad had to be another hound but your guess would be as good as ours. The white puppy has already found her howl and the rest have been catching on.
You are right, I walk back my ignorant comment above -- Momma does look very much like heelhound or coonhound.
Are they barking, or only howling?
How is their prey drive?

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
You are right, I walk back my ignorant comment above -- Momma does look very much like heelhound or coonhound.
Are they barking, or only howling?
How is their prey drive?
Momma's a hunter. She'll go after anything that moves with a vengeance. The quicker it moves the more intense she gets. They are starting to bark but the white girl is the only one who's truly howling right now. Their drive is about what you would expect right now for a puppy.

Louise

PREMO Member
She's my favorite too.
It is a wonderful thing what y’all did for the mom and pups. We need inspirational stories right now, and those pups are stealing hearts, and will find homes in no time. It better happen quick because I think, if not, you might keep them all. :)

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
They will be eight weeks old on Monday.
If anybody has an interest in any of these lovely ladies (including momma Mable) please contact the Calvert Humane Society.

Attachments

Louise

PREMO Member
Today is eight weeks. They should be off to their new homes by this coming weekend.
Aww. I predicted they would be snapped up. I am seeing some springer spaniel. Again, it is awesome what you and your wife did for those adorable poopies. Go, wharf rat and wife rat! :yahoo: