New gun range

NextJen

Raisin cane
Stopped by Fred's Sports in Waldorf earlier today. Found out they turned the back part of the store (where they used to have the furniture) into a gun range.

Sweet! :yahoo:

Blister

It is $15/hour. Also you have to buy ammo from Fred's. We went on Friday at 1 P.M. and all lanes were full. No reservation system at this time. Watch their safety video on their website before you go to save the time at the store.

NextJen

Raisin cane
:yeahthat:

An employee there let us put on ear protection and walk back to take a look at the lanes. I think there were 8 lanes...maybe 9. It was all nice and new. You couldn't hear the shooting from inside the store. It's nice to know there is someplace available to go besides Maryland Small Arms range in Forestville. They are always so packed.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Freds is a nice place. I shot there a few times. Most places are very busy with all this gun controversy going on. I tried to go to Myrtle Grove today and it was packed with a line waiting to shoot. I left...

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Meh, no thanks.

I'll go to Myrtle Grove, MSAR's new range, or the back yard.

I would love to go in my back yard.... :whistle: but I dont think I would be able explain my targets ....:buddies:

but the Hood would be better afterwards!! :killingme

LuckyMe143

I can't wait to go to the range :yahoo: I used to hate guns and no I'm ok with them well at least a BB gun. Hey it's a start. My 7 year old is better at shooting Than I am. First candyland now this. :cds:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I can't wait to go to the range :yahoo: I used to hate guns and no I'm ok with them well at least a BB gun. Hey it's a start. My 7 year old is better at shooting Than I am. First candyland now this. :cds:

I will let you know when i go... I will have my buddy from work go as well....

he can help you and teach you.

LuckyMe143

I will let you know when i go... I will have my buddy from work go as well....

he can help you and teach you.

I got 1 bullseye out of like 20 shots. He got like 4 out of 20 wtf! He can name almost every single part of the gun. He makes me so proud.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I got 1 bullseye out of like 20 shots. He got like 4 out of 20 wtf! He can name almost every single part of the gun. He makes me so proud.

will touch base with you soon....talking to my "buddy" now about getting together with him so you can learn about real handguns.. and get to shoot.

and i will get to have fun with mine... and some of his new "toys"...:yahoo::buddies:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Do you know around about the cost? I know I could just call myself, lol, just thought I'd ask :smile:

I believe Freds rented for $20. That is on top of the hourly range fee and ammo you have to purchase. If you are thinking of making a firearm purchase and don't have any experience with weight, caliber, recoil,etc, it's a great idea to rent and practice with something first to get a feel for what you like and feel comfortable handling.

Chris0nllyn

Do you know around about the cost? I know I could just call myself, lol, just thought I'd ask :smile:

MD Small Arms in Upper Marlboro rents them for $7. Plus $15 for the range (2 people, all day)

They even offer things like ear protection for $1, safety glasses for $4, and targets from $0.40-$1.75ea.

Maryland Small Arms Range Inc - Shooting Range

I'm not a big fan of their range right now, but they are really close to finishing their new range, which will be MASSIVE, but the people that run the place, and their employees are great.

I believe Freds rented for $20. That is on top of the hourly range fee and ammo you have to purchase. If you are thinking of making a firearm purchase and don't have any experience with weight, caliber, recoil,etc, it's a great idea to rent and practice with something first to get a feel for what you like and feel comfortable handling.

Eh not really looking to buy one, just wanting to see what it would be like at the range. My brother goes all the time, mostly for work though. I never really thought to ask him before but since there's one pretty much down the street, why not? :smile:

MD Small Arms in Upper Marlboro rents them for $7. Plus $15 for the range (2 people, all day)

They even offer things like ear protection for $1, safety glasses for $4, and targets from $0.40-$1.75ea.

Maryland Small Arms Range Inc - Shooting Range

I'm not a big fan of their range right now, but they are really close to finishing their new range, which will be MASSIVE, but the people that run the place, and their employees are great.

Wow, that's great!

LuckyMe143

will touch base with you soon....talking to my "buddy" now about getting together with him so you can learn about real handguns.. and get to shoot.

and i will get to have fun with mine... and some of his new "toys"...:yahoo::buddies:

Woo hoo!

Vince

Freds is a nice place. I shot there a few times. Most places are very busy with all this gun controversy going on. I tried to go to Myrtle Grove today and it was packed with a line waiting to shoot. I left...
Got to get to Myrtle Grove early and during the week. Forget it on a Saturday.