New State Laws for Scooters

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm pretty sure that there are other ways to find out online. If someone told me that I'd need to get something registered by 1 Oct, I'd get my ass down to the insurance office and MVA. It really cannot be all that hard to register a moped/scooter. It's not hard to register a car. :shrug:

you just need to learn how to say scooter in Spanish, Indian and a few other middle east type languages.

Peepaw95

I'm pretty sure that there are other ways to find out online. If someone told me that I'd need to get something registered by 1 Oct, I'd get my ass down to the insurance office and MVA. It really cannot be all that hard to register a moped/scooter. It's not hard to register a car. :shrug:

Agree, however, registering a Moped or scooter is a new thing. Does the process even exist yet?

The problem I would have if I owned one is this:
You are required to have it registered (need a title) and insured by 1 Oct.
Information on how to obtain a title will be avaialble on line on 1 Oct.
Don't think that will work out too good for anyone wanting to use their Moped/Scooter on or closely after 1 Oct.

A title is a title. Get your paperwork together and go to the MVA with your checkbook. One or two forms, taxes, fees and a few weeks later, you get a title in the mail.

moose1

Scooter

Well Folks Look out if the requirement is going to be you need to Tag and get insurance for your scooter than I will start riding mine down the middle of 235. After all a person on a scooter has just as much right as a car. Remember the speed limit is 45!!! not 60 or above.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lot of people around here are going to be walking or bicycling come 1 Oct. Several local folks only have scooters that they get around on.

Baywatchv8

Well Folks Look out if the requirement is going to be you need to Tag and get insurance for your scooter than I will start riding mine down the middle of 235. After all a person on a scooter has just as much right as a car. Remember the speed limit is 45!!! not 60 or above.

I guess we will be reading about you soon then, some of these people don't look or see cars let alone a scooter.

sockgirl77

Let me know how the front of my van feels while pushing your slow ass up the road. :yay:

blacklabman

Will you loan me a $100 the first time you want to do that?

moose1

I will be sure to wave as I go by and you are stopped with a cop and getting a ticket. Again to many people think that 235 is a race way. It's not!! So maybe you should be one of those that slow DOWN. or are you one of them that run red lights like so many do!!

sockgirl77

I will be sure to wave as I go by and you are stopped with a cop and getting a ticket. Again to many people think that 235 is a race way. It's not!! So maybe you should be one of those that slow DOWN. or are you one of them that run red lights like so many do!!

If the speed limit is 55mph and you are doing 40mph, I'll be flying by doing 55mph. :howdy:

I'm sure the folks in the Solomon's shopping center will be thrilled. They had a pack of outlaw scooter riders terrorizing the place.

Seriously. Bunch of grown men on tiny scooters acting tough and practically running folks down. This might curb them.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
A title is a title. Get your paperwork together and go to the MVA with your checkbook. One or two forms, taxes, fees and a few weeks later, you get a title in the mail.

and scooters and mopeds (under 50cc) aren't issued titles.

ever try to register a vehicle in MD without a title?

and scooters and mopeds (under 50cc) aren't issued titles.

ever try to register a vehicle in MD without a title?

I did not know that. I guess that's what the big change will be at MVA will be Oct 1.

And yes, I did register without a title in MD. I did a 'hold title', got a registration. That got my trailer down from NY so I could get the MD inspection, then got the title.

moose1

Sockgirl77 you are wrong on your speed. the speed limit is 45mph so I will be waving at you when you are visiting with the cop So go ahead and fly by doing your 55mph.
You might want to try and read the sign on your way home this evening!!!

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm trying to figure out why they bother. I mean, one, they don't cost that much, and two, the only damage that insurance is ever going to cover is the medical cost of the moped driver. Or do you think that somehow, crashing a moped into a car is going to cause it serious damage?

So - we have a cheap vehicle which costs about 2-3 times or more than a regular bike - goes about as fast as a bike - and in an accident, the same kind of damage is likely to occur.

Strikes me as mildly stupid. Or another way to try and extort cash from the state desperately trying to use the roads cheaply enough.

Bicyclist and Scooter Collide Leaving One Injured

sockgirl77

Sockgirl77 you are wrong on your speed. the speed limit is 45mph so I will be waving at you when you are visiting with the cop So go ahead and fly by doing your 55mph.
You might want to try and read the sign on your way home this evening!!!

The speed limit is higher than 45mph on the majority of 235. :rolleyes: