News About Twitter

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Is there ANY doubt Twitter had their thumb on the scale down grading Conservatives
Outsiders can only speculate about what is going on. On the other hand, the coincidence of this happening now is certainly cause for speculation. My thoughts are that some employees were doing their own thing and now that the company has been sold, are trying to undo their bad deeds. In a company that size, all code changes will be managed by a version control system. This means that every single character in source code that was ever changed is recorded as to when, why, and by whom.

I wouldn't be surprised of some of the bot farms were being run by employees on their own time to help bolster the image of their favorite left-leaning famous Twitter users.

Elon should have his attorneys send a letter to the company to preserve all evidence.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
BTW:

Code:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519377424437243904?s=20&t=0bmjxOX13uekpUlAHpiG6A

When you copy the Twitter link from Twitter, you get something like the above.

The s= identifies the source, or type of computer you are using, e.g. PC, android, etc.

People believe the t= is some sort of session ID that links back to you.

tldr; I remove both of those parameters before I paste the link anywhere, including here.

Bluecrqbe

BTW:

Code:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519377424437243904?s=20&t=0bmjxOX13uekpUlAHpiG6A

When you copy the Twitter link from Twitter, you get something like the above.

The s= identifies the source, or type of computer you are using, e.g. PC, android, etc.

People believe the t= is some sort of session ID that links back to you.

tldr; I remove both of those parameters before I paste the link anywhere, including here.
Huh? You’re thinking way too deep into this.

Elon is brilliant, but the man literally is running Tesla, SpaceX, the boring company, and now Twitter. You folks treat him like some engineering magician who will bend Twitter to the right. It’s not happening, I hold by my original post, he will uphold high salaries and allow wokeness to keep full talent on board, there is no market or money in right leaning social media, if there were he’d be buying Gab, Parler, or Truth.

Watching you folks in denial is something, I literally don’t have enough popcorn.

…yeah, the man who has built the largest electric car company supports republican positions, maybe you folks should start taking a multivitamin a day or something, the Brain is mush!!

Grumpy

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Elon is brilliant, but the man literally is running Tesla, SpaceX, the boring company, and now Twitter. You folks treat him like some engineering magician who will bend Twitter to the right. It’s not happening, I hold by my original post, he will uphold high salaries and allow wokeness to keep full talent on board, there is no market or money in right leaning social media, if there were he’d be buying Gab, Parler, or Truth.

Watching you folks in denial is something, I literally don’t have enough popcorn.

…yeah, the man who has built the largest electric car company supports republican positions, maybe you folks should start taking a multivitamin a day or something, the Brain is mush!!
Is that like there’s no money in conservative media?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I wouldn't be surprised of some of the bot farms were being run by employees on their own time to help bolster the image of their favorite left-leaning famous Twitter users.

Probably ...

The supposition has been put forth there was some ' ancillary ' code running alongside the main code like a plug in, easily removed ... that has been responsible for the banning / shadow banning conservative voices occasionally catching prominent persons ... this being for the

whoops we did not mean to ban x

But this is all theory crafting, I am sure as we type the evidence is being removed

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BTW:

Ditto

I noticed that a while back ... from News Outlets with embedded Tweets

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1519055293765885952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1519055293765885952%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fbrettt-3136%2F2022%2F04%2F27%2Fwe-missed-lesbianvisibilityday-but-the-consumer-product-safety-commission-didnt%2F

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

In the last 24 hours, Musk has offered criticism of Vijaya Gadde, who is currently the top lawyer and head of the content moderation division at Twitter. She was responsible for not only banning Donald Trump but also censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story. She also responded less than maturely to Musk’s takeover.

Now, in a move that intertwines multiple big stories, Musk has also responded to the fact that Russian collusion hoaxer Jim Baker, former FBI and now at Twitter, set up the meeting that Michael Sussmann used to spread the false Alfa Bank story. Sussmann is now under indictment via the John Durham special counsel.

Here are both those exchanges brought to you by a “journalist” from The Washington Post who apparently finds it really bad that Musk would call out obvious corruption regarding Twitter employees.

SamSpade

If it hasn't been commented on in the thread ---

I read not long ago that a HUGE portion of Twitter accounts are fake - bots, etc.
Cleaning house before the new guy comes in would easily explain the drop in followers.

Also, being a follower of one person is not mutually exclusive of another.
If one person loses 8k followers and another does also, there's a good chance a lot of them were the SAME people, possibly ALL deleting their accounts. The only reason anyone would have noticed - since people gain and lose followers constantly - is that it happened in a very short time span, almost certainly due to Musk's buying of Twitter.

I also read that among Twitter employees, a ridiculously high percentage had donated to Democrats and Democrats only - a number close to 99%. It would not surprise me in the least if thousands of members quit because they no longer had their place in the echo chamber but had to share it with other views.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If it hasn't been commented on in the thread ---

I read not long ago that a HUGE portion of Twitter accounts are fake - bots, etc.
Cleaning house before the new guy comes in would easily explain the drop in followers.

Also, being a follower of one person is not mutually exclusive of another.
If one person loses 8k followers and another does also, there's a good chance a lot of them were the SAME people, possibly ALL deleting their accounts. The only reason anyone would have noticed - since people gain and lose followers constantly - is that it happened in a very short time span, almost certainly due to Musk's buying of Twitter.

I also read that among Twitter employees, a ridiculously high percentage had donated to Democrats and Democrats only - a number close to 99%. It would not surprise me in the least if thousands of members quit because they no longer had their place in the echo chamber but had to share it with other views.
Twitter is HQ'd in San Francisco, it's probably pretty hard to find an R in the whole town.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

that does not explain the Conservative jumps ... unless the shadow banning / supression / or flat out banned accounts were suddenlyt unbanned by the 10's of 1000's

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

“The FCC has no authority to block Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter, and to suggest otherwise is absurd,” said Carr. “I would welcome the full FCC making it clear that we will not entertain these types of frivolous arguments.”

“The FCC has zero authority to block Musk’s purchase of Twitter,” said Carr. “And it is particularly frivolous to ask the agency to do so in the name of protecting free speech and open debate.”

Since Twitter announced its deal with Elon Musk, the left and its allies in nonprofits and the institutional media have been working themselves into a crescendo of rage over the thought of free speech returning to social media.

Far-left senator Ed Markey (D-MA) has called on the government to block the deal in the name of “algorithmic justice,” while an MSNBC host fretted that the left’s Big Tech censorship machine might be unleashed against their favored candidates. Leftist users threatened to boycott the platform, while others tried to claim that “white supremacy” is, somehow, involved.

SamSpade

“The FCC has no authority to block Elon Musk’s purchase of Twitter, and to suggest otherwise is absurd,” said Carr. “I would welcome the full FCC making it clear that we will not entertain these types of frivolous arguments.”

“The FCC has zero authority to block Musk’s purchase of Twitter,” said Carr. “And it is particularly frivolous to ask the agency to do so in the name of protecting free speech and open debate.”

Since Twitter announced its deal with Elon Musk, the left and its allies in nonprofits and the institutional media have been working themselves into a crescendo of rage over the thought of free speech returning to social media.

Far-left senator Ed Markey (D-MA) has called on the government to block the deal in the name of “algorithmic justice,” while an MSNBC host fretted that the left’s Big Tech censorship machine might be unleashed against their favored candidates. Leftist users threatened to boycott the platform, while others tried to claim that “white supremacy” is, somehow, involved.

It's good to know at least one agency of the government doesn't bow to whomever is in the White House or Congress.

glhs837

Power with Control

If you look a little deeper, he seems to be all over the map, politically. Seems to think for himself and decide based on his own morals, not based on groupthink from either side. So he agrees with conservatives on some things, liberals on other things. He gets a lot of hate from a lot of liberals for things like the world hunger BS, or his stance on the pandemic.

And you seem to think levelling the playing field means bending twitter to the right. If not putting a thumb on the scale means more conservative views, that simply means it was artificially bent left of center.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's good to know at least one agency of the government doesn't bow to whomever is in the White House or Congress.

Wait a couple of days. This guy will be attacked and mobbed, and the cultbots will start stalking his children and harassing his parents, and he will suddenly have an epiphany.