News About Twitter

phreddyp

If you look a little deeper, he seems to be all over the map, politically. Seems to think for himself and decide based on his own morals, not based on groupthink from either side. So he agrees with conservatives on some things, liberals on other things. He gets a lot of hate from a lot of liberals for things like the world hunger BS, or his stance on the pandemic.

And you seem to think levelling the playing field means bending twitter to the right. If not putting a thumb on the scale means more conservative views, that simply means it was artificially bent left of center.
I agreed with you, but just so you understand he is what is called an "Independent" . Which is basically ignored by everyone like they don't exist. I registered as unaffiliated in Maryland in 1972 because Independent wasn't one of the choices .

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Zurawik: 'We Are Headed to Hell' If Congress Doesn't Regulate Musk

“I think there's a bigger problem that when we focus on the personalities of people like Elon Musk,” Zurawik said before complaining that there's too much focus on speculating over what Musk is thinking or what his intentions are for the social media platform that he recently purchased:

There's a bigger problem here about how we are going to control the channels of communication in this country. In 1927, we had The Radio Act, 1934 The Communications Act. Congress stepped in. We made rules. FCC wasn't great but it's still regulating the broadcast industry. You can't use vulgar language, you can’t do all of these things with speech.

Zurawik wailed that “we gave over what amounts to our airwaves or our internet waves to Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk, and we are in so much trouble because those guys believe in making money.” Yet Zurawik and his media allies apparently have no problem with their billionaires buying media companies like the Washington Post.

We've already seen that with the 2016 election, and Zuckerberg, when he was taking rubles for ads from Russia,” Zurawik huffed and claimed, “Musk is the same.”

Becoming more and more unhinged, Zurawik cried: “This is dangerous. We can't think anymore in this country.” This caused host Brian Stelter to audibly laugh.

“No, I'm serious,” Zurawik insisted. “We don't have people in Congress who can make regulations, that can make it work. I think we can look to the western countries in Europe for how they are trying to limit it but you need -- you need controls on this. You need regulation.”

Ending his rage-filled tirade Zurawik whined: “You cannot let these guys control discourse in this country or we are headed to hell. We are there. Trump opened the gates of hell and now they're chasing us down.”

glhs837

Power with Control
I agreed with you, but just so you understand he is what is called an "Independent" . Which is basically ignored by everyone like they don't exist. I registered as unaffiliated in Maryland in 1972 because Independent wasn't one of the choices .

Independent like I've been for a couple of decades now? Yep, got it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
AOC Says She Got Killed From Elon Buying Twitter And Is Now Dead

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was brutally murdered this week as a result of Elon Musk buying Twitter, says AOC. Twitter accepted Musk's offer to buy Twitter on April 25th, which AOC says makes them an accessory to her murder.

"I have never been more dead than I am right now," said AOC while attending a disinformation fundraiser. "A privileged white man violently assaulted me by legally buying Twitter and defending free speech! He literally cut off my head and now I am dead!"

"She's right over there," Musk allegedly told authorities. "Just turn your head."

AOC has claimed Musk's words are disinformation of the worst sort and have caused her to experience a second death.

"That makes him double guilty!" she wept.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Plainly Un-American:’ FCC Commissioner Shoots Down Leftist Calls To Stop Elon Musk Buying Twitter

He pointed out several examples of this structure: The New York Times is operated by Chairman A.G. Sulzberger, who inherited the position from his father Arthur Sulzberger; The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos’ holding company Nash Holdings; Google and its parent company Alphabet are run by CEO Sundar Pichai; Facebook and its parent company Meta are operated by Mark Zuckerberg, who is the founder, chairman, CEO, and controlling shareholder of both.

Simington also noted that vertical integration in online media companies is widespread, and there are multiple examples of individuals or companies owning or controlling both broadband internet providers as well as online services like search engines, streaming platforms, and news sites. Furthermore, Simington said that concerns about Elon Musk owning both Twitter and Starlink “could not be taken seriously,” since Starlink currently provides broadband internet to less than 1% of Americans.

Simington also rejected other calls for the federal government to stop Musk from “enshrining free expression on Twitter.” Previously, several Democratic members of Congress and left-wing commentators lamented Musk’s buyout of Twitter, and called for regulation to stop the flow of “disinformation” and “hate.”

“[I’m] concerned his personal views will stop the fight against disinformation on social media,” Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff tweeted last week. “The problem on Twitter hasn’t been too much content moderation – it’s too much hate.”

[clip]

“The only merit in such proposals is their candor in proposing something so blatantly illegal,” Simington said in response to those calls. “The law in this country does not recognize a government interest in restricting the open exchange of ideas. Labeling content as “fake news” or “disinformation” does not change that. It would be not only unconstitutional, but plainly un-American, for any arm of the government to act against Twitter or Mr. Musk for such a purpose.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk asks: Who is funding organizations pressuring Twitter advertisers to stop?

Unfortunately for the haters, Elon Musk is very savvy about using Twitter. He’s exhibited a superpower level of using Twitter to clap back on critics and the nastiness aimed at him personally as well as his financial success. Musk has 90.7 million followers on Twitter. For comparison, Joe Biden has 21.8 million followers, George Soros has 349,000 followers, Jesse Lehrich has 59,000. Why did I include Soros and Lehrich? Because they are linked with the push against Musk. Lehrich is a former foreign policy adviser to Hillary Clinton. He interned for the Obama campaign in 2008 and worked for the anti-Trump American Bridge PAC. So, when Musk began to ask questions about dark money and who is funding the pressure on corporate advertisers on Twitter, eyebrows were raised.

Some of the most high-profile liberal figures have joined together to encourage advertisers to boycott Twitter if Elon Musk brings in his promised policy of unfettered ‘free speech.’
Twenty six NGOs and advocacy groups signed a letter expressing concern about the world’s richest man’s plan.
Musk himself responded to the letter asking who funded them: the answer being an assortment of ‘dark money groups’ like George Soros’s Open Society Foundation; NGOs founded by former Clinton and Obama administration staffers; wealthy Democrat donors and their family foundations; labor unions; and the governments of European nations.

The letter makes clear with the first demand that it’s really all about their fear that Trump will be reinstated on Twitter. Trump has said he’s not interested in returning to Twitter but that could change. The left cannot let the former president go, he consumes their thoughts 24/7 and they are crippled by that weakness. The signers of the letter claim that Musk’s takeover of Twitter will “further toxify our information ecosystem and be a direct threat to public safety, especially among those already most vulnerable and marginalized.”

glhs837

Power with Control
And the Times thinks Musk should have done SOMETHING about apartheid as a teen...

@UglyBear we're holding you responsible for not ending the Soviet Union as a boy. Evidently that's the new standard. :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
2A9ACE12-8E22-4738-B5EF-8FD597850C54.jpeg

DaSDGuy

AOC Says She Got Killed From Elon Buying Twitter And Is Now Dead

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was brutally murdered this week as a result of Elon Musk buying Twitter, says AOC. Twitter accepted Musk's offer to buy Twitter on April 25th, which AOC says makes them an accessory to her murder.

"I have never been more dead than I am right now," said AOC while attending a disinformation fundraiser. "A privileged white man violently assaulted me by legally buying Twitter and defending free speech! He literally cut off my head and now I am dead!"

"She's right over there," Musk allegedly told authorities. "Just turn your head."

AOC has claimed Musk's words are disinformation of the worst sort and have caused her to experience a second death.

"That makes him double guilty!" she wept.

The least Musk can do is pay for her cremation, as long as it happens this week.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk declares 'Twitter has a strong left wing bias' as he responds to tweet by reporter calling for violence against anti-abortion groups

Elon Musk said Twitter has a 'strong left wing bias' in response to a tweet from a reporter who called for violence against pro-lifers.

Musk's comments on Monday were in reply to a tweet from Mike Cernovich, who is a conspiracy theorist known for his propagation of the baseless Pizzagate theory that high ranking democrats were running a pedophilic sex-trafficking ring out of a D.C. pizza shop.

Cernovich tagged Musk in a tweet accusing the platform of allowing verified accounts to incite violence in the name of liberal causes on Sunday evening.

Cernovich is a far-right conspiracy theorist known for propagating the Pizzagate theory

57615537-10799561-image-a-45_1652154158455.jpg

57617711-10799561-image-a-44_1652154014435.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter Fires Two Executives As Elon Musk Takes Over Company

Twitter fired two executives Thursday, forcing the general manager and the revenue and product lead out of work in advance of Elon Musk’s planned takeover.

Kayvon Beykpour, who was a manager at Twitter for seven years, took to Twitter to share updates with his followers. Referencing Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, Beykpour said he “asked me to leave after letting me know that he wants to take the team in a different direction,” according to The Associated Press. Bruce Falck was also let go, and took a different approach with his social media messaging, simply changing his Twitter bio to read, “unemployed,” reported the outlet.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk Says Twitter Deal ‘Cannot Move Forward’ Until CEO Proves One Thing

Musk responded Tuesday to a tweet claiming “Musk may be looking for a better Twitter deal as $44 billion seems too high with 20% of users being fake or spam accounts.”

“20% fake/spam accounts, while 4 times what Twitter claims, could be *much* higher,” Musk tweeted. “My offer was based on Twitter’s SEC filings being accurate. Yesterday, Twitter’s CEO publicly refused to show proof of <5%.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Busted: Biden’s “Minster of Truth” Nina Jankowicz Participated in Secret NATO-Funded Cabal to Subvert Western Democracies Using Disinformation as Cover

As Revolver and others have covered, Nina “Moaning Myrtle” Jankowicz is a joke. The Harry Potter superfan-turned-propagandrix is now the Biden Administration’s chosen head for the “Disinformation Governance Board.” Among many other embarrassing videos in circulation is the following clip of Nina Jankowicz bizarrely and emphatically dismissing the notion of the so-called “deep state.”

Whatever one thinks of the precise term “deep state,” Nina badly wants everyone to dismiss the very concept of secret groups operating within Washington. She works “with and around” them after all, and she says such a cabal or network of cabals does not exist.

In fact, Nina does know the truth, and it’s the opposite of what she claims above. Nina’s name appeared in one of the most explosive and aggressively censored national security leaks of the century. The leak in question exposed the “Integrity Initiative,” a dark government-funded NGO that appears to have engaged in political meddling and covert influence operations in Western countries under the guise of fighting “disinformation.”

Founded in mid-2015 under the auspices of the U.K. government-funded NGO “Institute for Statecraft,” the Integrity Initiative boasted a precociously fashionable motto: “Defending Democracy Against Disinformation.”

2022.05.07-01.18-revolvernews-6275c8cf5dcac.png

The Integrity Initiative “defended democracy” by recruiting secretive “clusters” of academics, national security bureaucrats, journalists, think tankers, and lobbyists in multiple European countries. These clusters would then be engaged in various ways to address nation-specific threats of so-called “Russian disinformation.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter Agrees to Pay $150 Million FTC Fine for Using Two Factor Authentication as Ruse to Sell Targeted User Data to Advertisers

Two-Factor authentication has always been a platform ruse for gathering data on platform users. Twitter was just one company amid a large number of on-line platforms who pushed “two factor authentication” as a security measure. The real motive of TFA was to gain the user cell phone number in order to gain more specific information about the user.

Today multiple media outlets are reporting the FTC and Twitter have agreed to a settlement where Twitter will pay a $150 million settlement for violating user privacy and selling user data. Twitter collected cell phone and email account information for users under the auspices of user security. However, Twitter actually planned to use the cell phone and email data to sell a more comprehensive package of user identification to advertisers.

(Reuters) – […] The company will pay $150 million as part of the settlement announced by the Justice Department and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In addition to the monetary settlement, the agreement requires Twitter to improve its compliance practices.

The complaint said that the misrepresentations violated the FTC Act and a 2011 settlement with the agency.

“Specifically, while Twitter represented to users that it collected their telephone numbers and email addresses to secure their accounts, Twitter failed to disclose that it also used user contact information to aid advertisers in reaching their preferred audiences,” the complaint said.

[…] “Twitter obtained data from users on the pretext of harnessing it for security purposes but then ended up also using the data to target users with ads,” said FTC Chair Lina Khan in a statement. “This practice affected more than 140 million Twitter users, while boosting Twitter’s primary source of revenue.”

The complaint also alleges that Twitter falsely said it complied with the European Union-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, which bar companies from using data in ways that consumers do not authorize.

Twitter’s settlement follows years of fallout over the privacy practices of tech companies.

Revelations in 2018 that Facebook, the world’s biggest social network, was using phone numbers provided for two-factor authentication to serve ads enraged privacy advocates.

Facebook, now called Meta (FB.O), similarly settled with the FTC over the issue as part of a $5 billion agreement reached in 2019. (read more)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Leaked internal messages show Twitter employees debating whether to ban us

The below Slack conversation between Twitter employees occurred today against this backdrop, and echoes some of the charges leveled at us by far left activists. It was shared with us by a Twitter employee, who wishes to remain anonymous. We verified the names and images of the employees before we obscured them.

There are a few tweeps (that’s what Twitter employees call themselves) involved in this exchange. As you can see, they’re weighing the pros and cons of banning us. One of them expresses concern that a ban will only validate the charge that Twitter is biased against conservatives.

The reference to Trump’s “successful” deplatforming is interesting. He was permanently banned for incitement to violence — the same charge the Left hopes will stick to us.

Last edited: