News About Twitter

PJay

Screenshot_20221215-232611~2.png

TPD

the poor dad
Jay Bhattacharya is also one of the co-authors of The Great Barrington Declaration.
Dr Bhattacharya was a witness for me in my face diaper case with the good doctor. He was on zoom during our court case. He and I have a special connection! Though I’ve never met or talked to him personally. Since I paid for his testimony, can I say he was a former employee of Ridge Hardware?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Media loses its mind after Elon Musk bars reporters from Twitter — years after shrugging about Post ban

Musk’s abrupt pivot from free speech champion to censor elicited shrieking condemnation from political figures who ignored previous Twitter management’s 2020 censorship of The Post for reporting on documents from Hunter Biden’s laptop.

“I get feeling unsafe, but descending into abuse of power + erratically banning journalists only increases the intensity around you. Take a beat and lay off the proto-fascism,” wrote Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), addressing Musk

Other past cheerleaders for censorship, such as House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) joined the pile-on, with Schiff writing, “The devotion to free speech is apparently not that absolute. But the hypocrisy is.”

Schiff notoriously and falsely called The Post “a newspaper promoting Kremlin propaganda” when a cabal of Twitter executives censored accurate reporting on the now-president’s son, citing a dubious “hacked materials” concern.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The United Nations and European Union are joining up with people like Alexander Vindman and demanding an explanation from Elon Musk for the suspension of lib journalists and others. UN officials are “deeply disturbed” by the latest developments:

The United Nations has joined the European Union in condemning Twitter’s decision to suspend some journalists who cover the social media firm.
Reporters for the New York Times, CNN and the Washington Post were among those locked out of their accounts.
The UN tweeted that media freedom is “not a toy” while the EU has threatened Twitter with sanctions.
A Twitter spokesman told a US tech news website the bans were related to the live sharing of location data.
Melissa Fleming, the UN’s under secretary general for global communications, said she was “deeply disturbed” by reports that journalists were being “arbitrarily” suspended from Twitter.
“Media freedom is not a toy,” she said. “A free press is the cornerstone of democratic societies and a key tool in the fight against harmful disinformation.”

Oh great — there’s nothing else going on in the world that the U.N. should be more focused on?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
DHS Warned Twitter That ‘Permissive’ Policies Could Enable ‘Russian Influence Operations,’ Docs Reveal

“I asked if the [U.S. government] was tracking foreign threats related to non-presidential races,” Cardille wrote. After a long silence, an unidentified government official informed Twitter that the “government is not tracking foreign interference or threats related to down ballot races.”

To combat domestic radicalization, it was necessary for “private sector partners” to ensure effective collaboration with government agencies and fill any “information gaps” between the private and public sector concerning “potential attacks,” DHS argued in a separate March 3, 2021, product, according to Taibbi.

“Information gaps and challenges associated with the individualized nature of radicalization could be partially mitigated with increased collaboration between law enforcement, terrorism prevention efforts, and private sector partners,” the DHS product reads, according to Taibbi. “We judge these partnerships would improve our ability to detect changes in [Domestic Violent Extremist] trends and provide early warning of potential attacks.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter’s top ranks riddled with ex-FBI employees

Twitter’s top ranks were riddled with ex-FBI agents and executives, stitching the company even closer to the federal agency now under fire for leaning on Twitter to meddle in the 2020 elections.

More than a dozen former feds flocked to the company in the months and years prior to Elon Musk’s purchase of the social network in October.

The Post found FBI influence was considerably more significant than just James Baker, the FBI’s former general counsel who later worked in the same role for Twitter. He was recently fired by Musk for interfering in the billionaire’s efforts to come clean about past transgressions at the company.

The news comes on the heels of the latest Twitter Files disclosures which show how the agency dedicated dozens of agents to pressuring the company to remove political tweets it found objectionable.

In some cases, the former G-men and -women held positions that would have put them close to company leadership directly involved in censoring The Post’s Hunter Biden coverage in October 2020.

Hopefully they were all fired in the purge :sshrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One Twitter employee, Matthew Williams, joined the company in June 2020 as a “senior director of product trust,” after spending more than 15 years working with the FBI as an intelligence program manager and senior supervisory intelligence analyst. Williams joined Twitter the same month as Baker and in June 2022 was moved into the position of “senior director of product trust, revenue policy, counsel systems & analytics.” He noted that this made him “co-lead of Trust & Safety.”

Dawn Burton, a former federal prosecutor who served as deputy chief of staff to FBI boss James Comey joined Twitter in September of 2019 as director of strategy and operations and counsel organization. Burton would have been close to the FBI’s Hillary Clinton email investigation due to her connection with Comey and the agency’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections.

It is also reported that Yoel Roth, the leader of Twitter’s Trust and Safety team, had regular meetings with the FBI in the run-up to the 2020 presidential elections and even joked about these meetings in internal company communications.

In a Dec. 21, 2020, declaration to the Federal Election Commission, Roth said: “I was told in these meetings that the intelligence community expected that individuals associated with political campaigns would be subject to hacking attacks and that material obtained through those hacking attacks would likely be disseminated over social media platforms, including Twitter. I also learned in these meetings that there were rumors that a hack-and-leak operation would involve Hunter Biden.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk Doesn’t Need An Excuse For Shutting Up Journalists On Twitter

The rules on censoring Twitter speech were completely random, inconsistent, and fake before. I don’t see why it should be any different now. Besides, it was fun seeing the self-obsessed pro-censorship dummies behave this week as if they had become political prisoners after Musk, the new CEO of Twitter, muted their accounts for tweeting links to material live-tracking his private jet.

Suddenly, reporters at CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and all the rest were scrambling to redefine what it meant to “doxx” someone. Until Thursday, when all of this happened, everyone understood doxxing to mean the publication of a private person’s contact information, like his home address, phone number, or account log-ins. I’d certainly assume that posting a live, minute-by-minute trace of a private person’s location falls under that umbrella.

But Axios’s Sara Fischer went on CNN Friday to amend that definition with a little extra. She said it was only doxxing if there was also “the intent of targeting someone.” Uh, no. That was never the necessary criterion.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Corporate Media Can Stomp And Cry All It Wants, Its Special Twitter Privileges Are Ending

“Everyone’s going to be treated the same. You’re not special because you’re a journalist,” Musk wrote in a Twitter post.

The crackdown on doxxing is personal for Twitter’s CEO. On Wednesday, Musk reported that his 2-year-old son named “X” was followed by a “crazy stalker” who had mistaken X for Musk. According to Musk, the stalker blocked the car driving his son and “climbed onto the hood.” The incident motivated Musk to suspend several high-profile journalists guilty of doxxing.

This caused the corporate media to fly into hysterics. “Elon Musk censors the press,” said one CNN headline.” “nprecedented,” stated the flabbergasted Axios. “Twitter suspends journalists who wrote about owner Elon Musk,” alleged The Associated Press. “Musk has begun banning journalists who have criticized him on Twitter,” whined Washington Post TikTok reporter Taylor Lorenz.

Last edited:

SamSpade

See, I look at Twitter as being an international, extremely popular and visible version of WHAT WE HAVE HERE, with restrictions on number of characters.

Which means, if you act up ENOUGH - you get dumped. However, since the board doesn't have the algorithms and security that Twitter does - you can just come back under another name. I never understand this - if you get booted from a bar or a club, why feel the need to come back?

And that means - similar rules apply. To be honest, I think THIS place is probably a LITTLE stricter with behavior and a lot more generous with content. People say outrageous things and re-post links saying stupid stuff -

And the rest of us seem to get - it's a free country. Freedom of speech or expression MEANS YOU'LL PISS SOMEONE OFF. If you're only allowed to say certain things, we get to live in a world like "Demolition Man", where you get fined for saying obscenities and the powers will try to KILL YOU if you step too far out of line.

"See, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy. Cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind if guy who wants to sit in a greasy spoon and think, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in a non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green Jello all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to. Okay, pal? I've seen the future, you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sittin' around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener". You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice: come down here, maybe starve to death."

Think I'm kidding? Who already has tried to outlaw foods that are bad for you? And in some cases, succeeded?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Elon probably does need somebody to handle the day-to-day operations of Twitter. It's finding the right person (a clone of Elon?) that's going to be the hard part.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Elon probably does need somebody to handle the day-to-day operations of Twitter. It's finding the right person (a clone of Elon?) that's going to be the hard part.
He should offer the job to Donald Trump.

The nationwide, simultaneous, head-splosions would be worth it.