• Dodd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Maybe you are close minded because you can't see obvious sarcasm. It's a bit of a complex concept, but if you look at the post he replied to, then read his response, you might get it.

If not, ask someone to explain it to you.

Well, I didn't attack Toxick for the statement. Whether he was being sarcastic or not, I still HATE that phrase. I know it's over used by liberal lefties and it's just a stupid left statement that annoys the he11 out of me.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Toxick a lefty? Is so, wouldn't the statement be said with sincerity as opposed to sarcasm? If I said it, it would be taken as sarcasm because I am definitely a right wing nut job. So, if you don't mind, go pick on someone down at your own level, like JPC or Forestal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I didn't attack Toxick for the statement. Whether he was being sarcastic or not, I still HATE that phrase. I know it's over used by liberal lefties and it's just a stupid left statement that annoys the he11 out of me.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Toxick a lefty? Is so, wouldn't the statement be said with sincerity as opposed to sarcasm? If I said it, it would be taken as sarcasm because I am definitely a right wing nut job. So, if you don't mind, go pick on someone down at your own level, like JPC or Forestal.

OMG! :smack:

Read what Kris wrote, and read Tox's reply AGAIN.

I can't believe you didn't get it. :lol:

And, no, Tox is not a Lefty. But I'm sure he'll accept your apology at any time. Dur.

B

benpecson

Not the Obomanation

For all you who are thinking of this person, remember, he refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance and from what I am seeing, just because he is the popular flavor now...he is no JFK or RFK.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
OMG! :smack:

Read what Kris wrote, and read Tox's reply AGAIN.

I can't believe you didn't get it. :lol:

And, no, Tox is not a Lefty. But I'm sure he'll accept your apology at any time. Dur.

OK, I do owe Tox an apology. For some reason I though you were a lefty but I stand corrected. My mistake. That is a big insult!

Dork

Highlander's MPD
For all you who are thinking of this person, remember, he refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance and from what I am seeing, just because he is the popular flavor now...he is no JFK or RFK.

You summed this one up nicely. He is just the popular flavor now. He didn't have many votes on this forum until they started flooding the media with the primary tomorrow and how "popular" he is. Of course, everyone follows....I'd prefer to see him as president than Hillary but I am still hoping neither of them get in the oval office. Oh, and why is it he won't say the pledge? Is it a religious thing? Either way, it just doesn't sit well with me either.

B

benpecson

No to the Obamanation

Hello
I am not sure as to why he won't pledge to the symbol of our country, but being a veteran, it gives me pause to see if he is worthy of being CinC. Look, I suppose it can be presented that he has a right to do this, but having come into this country as an immigrant myself (1954 from the Philippines) , I felt it was my duty to earn my citizenship. In other words, in order to earn my rights, I did what a good number of other Americans did...answer the call...in other words, my duty. I apologize if this sounds redundant, but I do have strong personal feelings about this.
I am inscensed that the press has already coronated him, when there are so many others deserving of this Office and our respect. I prefer Ron Paul myself, and this is from a dedicated democrat.
There is an old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times"
God help us all !

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Hillary is a feminist woman... 99% of feminist women, if they feel challenged to prove themselves, will go above and beyond the call of duty, kick ass, and take names.

Key issues:
Abortion
Gay Rights
Enviroment
Iraq War

These are key issues for me as well.

Abortion- I am against it. Can you believe there are people who are against the death penalty and want to save all the trees and whales but don't have a problem killing unborn babies?

Gay rights- They have the right to be gay but they can't get married. That's just crazy. Plus, they keep Subaru in business. Why is it that Ford gives so much to the gay rights stuff and not Subaru? Did you know Ford offers health benefits to its employees who wish to have a sex change operation? How bizarre is that? Be Happy, Be Gay! But don't try to normalize it. It's a sexual perversion just like pedophelia, necrophelia, etc. It's just more acceptable because it involves two consenting adults.

Environment-I don't recycle anymore and I own two SUVs. Shoot me!

Iraq War-It's a mess but things are better now than they were a year ago. The media just doesn't report the good stuff. I would like to see us out of there but we can't just leave now. What's the answer? Hillary? :lmao: I don't think so. Looks like NH doesn't think so either.

Oh, btw, JPC is an idiot!

PsyOps

Pixelated

Abortion- I am against it. Can you believe there are people who are against the death penalty and want to save all the trees and whales but don't have a problem killing unborn babies?

Gay rights- They have the right to be gay but they can't get married. That's just crazy. Plus, they keep Subaru in business. Why is it that Ford gives so much to the gay rights stuff and not Subaru? Did you know Ford offers health benefits to its employees who wish to have a sex change operation? How bizarre is that? Be Happy, Be Gay! But don't try to normalize it. It's a sexual perversion just like pedophelia, necrophelia, etc. It's just more acceptable because it involves two consenting adults.

Iraq War-It's a mess but things are better now than they were a year ago. The media just doesn't report the good stuff. I would like to see us out of there but we can't just leave now. What's the answer? Hillary? :lmao: I don't think so. Looks like NH doesn't think so either.

As of now Hillary is taking NH.

B

benpecson

No to the Obamanation

I think Hilary is putting up a fight and I respect that.
Im glad Romney has been taken down a peg...he has five sons of military age and none of them are even considering serving their country in uniform, because..in his own words..."it is a volunteer army" Excuse me...I think it would show a lot of gumption to show that he would require at least one of them to sacrifice as we have been asked to sacrifice. This is up there with Obama refusing to show respect for the flag of the country he wants to be a president of.
The word "change" has been bandied about, but change for whom ?
How about real change for us groundpounders down here?

K

kris31280

Looks like NH thinks so SINCE SHE WON THE PRIMARY THERE...

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Looks like NH thinks so SINCE SHE WON THE PRIMARY THERE...

She did have a SURPRISING comeback. Even her own peeps didn't think she was going to win. I guess we'll have some more surprises comin' down the pike.

SamSpade

She did have a SURPRISING comeback. Even her own peeps didn't think she was going to win. I guess we'll have some more surprises comin' down the pike.

I wonder if she won 100% of the increased turnout. Even though polls are often wrong, the only place they were wrong was the numbers with these two.

Amazing how every time a contest between a Republican and a Democrat differs from the polls and the Republican *wins*, the charge of voter fraud comes up immediately. This one is WAY off, and no one utters a word?

B

benpecson

Press pressed

This all goes to show you that the press for all its narcissism, is just a bag of wind comparable to that that emits from Capitol Hill. The real heartbeat comes from the street, from people like ourselves, who rely on their basic instincts , not the pratterings of "celebrities" like Oprah.
If I relied on the aforementioned, then all I am is a trained monkey.
Obama can claim that he knows what is good for America, but has he really been tried? Its one thing to talk a good story, another thing to walk the line. Romney stands tall when saying how America is ready to pay any price, but again , he has no sons in uniform, so his part of the cost is nothing.
Back to my original point....the Press which has been quite timid for the last 8 years, showing some"backbone" now? Give me a break....there are no longer the journalists that are capable of standing up and calling the clarion call for the rest of us to come to our senses.
This is a great land full of good people. Where we come from is of lesser consequence, then where we are going. Do we go as a band of brothers and sisters to a new American world far from the Hollywood and Wall Street models, or do we insist on fighting one another similar to the crabpot syndrome?
Forget the pretty campaign promises,Tinkerbell. Follow your heart and your mind, and you will make the right choice.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
This all goes to show you that the press for all its narcissism, is just a bag of wind comparable to that that emits from Capitol Hill. The real heartbeat comes from the street, from people like ourselves, who rely on their basic instincts , not the pratterings of "celebrities" like Oprah.
If I relied on the aforementioned, then all I am is a trained monkey.
Obama can claim that he knows what is good for America, but has he really been tried? Its one thing to talk a good story, another thing to walk the line. Romney stands tall when saying how America is ready to pay any price, but again , he has no sons in uniform, so his part of the cost is nothing.
Back to my original point....the Press which has been quite timid for the last 8 years, showing some"backbone" now? Give me a break....there are no longer the journalists that are capable of standing up and calling the clarion call for the rest of us to come to our senses.
This is a great land full of good people. Where we come from is of lesser consequence, then where we are going. Do we go as a band of brothers and sisters to a new American world far from the Hollywood and Wall Street models, or do we insist on fighting one another similar to the crabpot syndrome?
Forget the pretty campaign promises,Tinkerbell. Follow your heart and your mind, and you will make the right choice.

Um... that's a nice post and all...but I was talking about Smooth's, Geek's and Pete's campaign promises. You can trust them, they would NEVER lie to us.